Sunken Monastery~Ritual of the Ancients

Guides and walkthroughs.

Sunken Monastery~Ritual of the Ancients

Postby Michele_L » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:06 am

Sunken Monastery

Talk to Senera the owner of the bookshop in Vastares. She wants you to find the book, 'Rituals of the Ancients'. She will pay you $4000 gp to find it. She will send you to talk to Ithulde the owner of the magic shop in Matras. Ithulde says she will pay you $5000 gp to bring the book to her instead. Get Ithulde to activate the teleport at the Abandoned Pier to the west of Matras cemetary.

You may want to save your game before going into the teleport. Get as much resistance to magic as you can (have armor and other items enchanted so you don't need to go through tons of potions)
Go into the teleport. To the east there will be a shelf with potions and a statue that restores health. To the west is a shelf with some scrolls a wand and a statue that restores mana. If you are quickly overcome by the creatures here, try to only battle one at a time from a distance.

Use a ranged weapon such as a bow and magic wands/scrolls/spells. I've found that the 'Harm Undead', 'Cure Wounds Touch' and lightning type spells worked best against the creatures. SAVE! Save your game after you kill each creature so you don't have to start over if you die. It's a good idea also to use your 'Mark' and 'Recall' spells and/or 'Town Portal' to get out quick if you need to heal yourself.

You can start in the north or south. There are 'Lost Souls' and 'Abandoned Ones' you will need to defeat. When you head south, there will be a blue gate, go on in. You will see a statue to the west holding a key. Open the door to the west (behind the spider web) first. Grab the key and open the door to the south. Take that key and open the door to the east. Get the key from the shelf there.

Now head down the corridor, past the teleport. Go into the room to the east. The 'chasm room'. Go north to the wall, turn to the west and push the button. Now, step on the switch plate. You have just deactivated some green magical barriers covering shelves full of items in the room to the west.

Go open the blue door to the north and find the switch on the wall to the east and flip it. This will make the first part of the invisible bridge 'appear'. You can go back to the 'chasm room' or the 'green barrier room'.

The 'Green Barrier Room'. There's an 'Abandoned One' straight in to the far side of the room. You can use spells or a ranged weapon to eliminate it. As you move further into the room, you'll notice 'Lost Souls' behind green barriers (you'll get to the other side of these later). If you have wands or spells, this is a great opportunity to take care of the 'Lost Souls' one by one.

Now back to the 'chasm room'. Cross the first invisible bridge to the southeast. Get in the teleport. You are now in the 'green barrier room'. (If you eliminated all of the 'lost souls' from this room, this part will be easier). Flip the switch on the wall to your right. Make your way through the rest of the teleports, flipping all of the switches along the way. After you get out of the last teleport into the chasm room, go to the middle of the east wall and flip the switch.

Now cross over into the 'green barrier room' and flip the switch on the far west wall. This is the 'Unnamed's room'. Defeat the 'abandoned ones', 'lost souls' and the 'Unnamed'. Now, go to the north wall and flip the switch. Next, head to the east and find the switch in that corner and flip it. last, but not least, go to the west and get the book 'Rituals of the Ancients'!
Michele_L

Re: Sunken Monastery~Ritual of the Ancients

Postby NimrodTheGay » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:07 pm

Its been 5 years but, like the abandoned ones, these threads dont die. They just linger waiting for a brave questee. (With an intro like that, I am certainly living up to my moniker).

Anyway, the above guide helped a lot and i completed the quest but... there is still some loot trapped behind 4 of the 8 magic barriers (I accessed the 4 which have the teleports and switches). Can anyone please tell how to access the area behind those barriers?

I love this game so much and appreciate all the people that created wonderful guides throughout the years!
NimrodTheGay

Postby thatcreature » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:20 am

NimrodTheGay wrote:Its been 5 years but, like the abandoned ones, these threads dont die. They just linger waiting for a brave questee. (With an intro like that, I am certainly living up to my moniker).

Anyway, the above guide helped a lot and i completed the quest but... there is still some loot trapped behind 4 of the 8 magic barriers (I accessed the 4 which have the teleports and switches). Can anyone please tell how to access the area behind those barriers?

I love this game so much and appreciate all the people that created wonderful guides throughout the years!

The wiki explains how to access those areas under the article for the quest that brings you here: https://thequest.fandom.com/wiki/Ritual ... nera_Quest
thatcreature

Postby NimrodTheGay » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Thank you! I didn't realize there was a wiki.
NimrodTheGay

Return to Guides