Torthanns Guide to combat

Guides and walkthroughs.

Torthanns Guide to combat

Postby Torthann » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:56 pm

First off I will talk about the 4 important skills of combat: Block, Dual Weild, Combat magic, and Accuracy.

Block: Block your enemies attacks with a shield.
Pros: You will block some attacks and take less/no damage.

Cons: You do less damage as you can't strike with two weapons.

I would recommend that you use this with a heavy weapon that does pretty good damage to make up for that.

Dual Weild: You can attack with two weapons.
Pros: You do twice the damage of one sword.

Cons: You are unable to block attacks.

I recommend you use one heavy and one light weapon with this.

Combat Magic: Cast spells like magic missle.

Pros: Your enemies will take heavy damage from your spells before reaching you.

Cons: Spells use mana, which you need to use heal spells also. Also as said by Jamie enemies will gain magic resistance through the expansions.

I suggest you make and buy many healing and mana potions to help. Since they will get such good resistance I suggest that you don't get to dependent from this.

Accuracy: You are able to use bows.

Pros: Your enemies will take damage before reaching you.

Cons: They require arrows that quickly run out.

I recomend you buy many quivers so you don't run out in combat.

These skills are all the foundations of combat and you should combine them(i.e Dual wield and accuracy) Also always have either heal magic or lots of health potions. Unless your fighting something very weak you will die easily without them. Also try to fight on ground of your choosing. If an Enemie is across water, shoot it down with a bow/attack magic and get the easy items and xp. If 2 types of enemies are to hard, force them to seperate. If you are facing two enemies always focus on the hardest one first.
Torthann

Re: Torthanns Guide to combat

Postby Jamie990 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Very nice! You may want to add this as a con to magic: Enemies magic resistanec steadily increases throughout the expansions until they reach 100% resistance by the 5th/6th expansion.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Torthann » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:47 pm

I will thanks.
Torthann

Postby Jamie990 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Welcome, with my expansion I am hoping to make the monsters more vulenrable to magic even though they aren't gonna be too easy :twisted:
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Return to Guides