Good way to get up to 3000 gold

Guides and walkthroughs.

Good way to get up to 3000 gold

Postby Dreadnocturnal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:21 pm

I have found that if you have killed all of the bandits and muggers in the woods they will stop regenerating and the forest is cleared, now I don't now if this works over and over again but the items in caves and dungeons sometimes will regenerate and you can collect them again. I have gone back to the same dungeon to do this 3 times
Dreadnocturnal

Re: Good way to get up to 3000 gold

Postby Prickett » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Yes, items in dungeons respawn every 7 in game days. Same goes for enemies, as long as you're not in that area for 7 in game days.
Prickett

Postby wolf3167 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 pm

This isn't worth it. Just keep doing quests and you will quickly outstrip your earnings from this by killing more powerful monsters, collecting high-level dungeon loot, and getting paid for quests. You were never intended to grind to play this game: questing gives you plenty of money and experience to level.
wolf3167

Postby wolf3167 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:32 pm

I feel that I should add: if you are dead set on grinding and spending money to rest so that mobs will respawn, do it in a more rewarding place. I would recommend the Sunken Monastery. The undead there give the first good loot and XP in the game.

Another thing to consider is resting costs. Resting in Matras, to keep things simple, costs about 50 gold, give or take a few based on your mercantile skill. You rest 8 hours at a time (so 3 times a day) and need to rest for 7 days...

Gold cost to have enemies respawn:
50x3x7=1050

This is something to keep in mind. That's a lot of gold to pay to kill some robbers on a loop.

Or, to do it 3 times, as you suggest, would cost 3,150 gold. This is of course subtracted from your gains.
wolf3167

Postby Turtleman » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:36 pm

That's why, each time I restart, I determine to obtain 3 spells as soon as possible: Create Food, Mark, Recall. Then you can clear an inside space (cave), then create food, sleep, repeat til you can't carry any more, then recal to an inn and all but one food and one drink. Then recall to the cave and repeat til you have the funds you need next.
Turtleman

Return to Guides