Android Version Questions

Guides and walkthroughs.

Android Version Questions

Postby vandermere » Wed May 03, 2017 2:26 am

I'm loving the game but I'm finding a lot of old, misleading or just plain incorrect information around the net and wanted to set the record straight on just what's up with the Android version of The Quest.

Is the Android version the same as the HD remake that I've read about on the iPhone?

What expansions are included in this version, if any? Clearly Ice & Fire is a separate purchase but I don't find much info other than that.

How much of older guides still applies here? Are stats basically balanced the same as they were before?

I've found money-making guides mentioning Robot Oil and permanent stat potions, neither of which seem to exist in my game. Have these been removed/changed or are they higher level stuff that I haven't unlocked with an Alchemy of only 40?

In short, is there a change log or something the describes the differences between older versions and the new Android release?
vandermere

Re: Android Version Questions

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed May 03, 2017 8:27 am

There are two versions. The old and the new.

To lessen the confusion, I'll rename the old version on iOS to "The Quest Classic" and "The Quest HD" to simply "The Quest" (whenever I'll have time :)). On Steam and on Android only the new version is available.

Here are the major changes in the new version: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4204#p11529 (Basically, it's the same game. The only major changes are in the expansion, Islands of Ice and Fire, where the main quest line has been reworked and there are a couple of new quests added.)

No expansions are included.

All guides should work (except as noted there might be some changes to Islands of Ice and Fire, however those should make it easier to follow the game).

Robot Oil is only found in Zarista Games' expansions (no idea which ones). Also there are no permanent potion recipes in the base game.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Re: Android Version Questions

Postby vandermere » Wed May 03, 2017 12:09 pm

Great info! Thanks, Elendil!

That said, does anyone know of guides aimed specifically at the "new" version?

And while I'm at it does the Android version accept mods and if so how would they be installed?
vandermere

Return to Guides