Now What Do I Do? A Beginning Quest Walkthrough

Guides and walkthroughs.

Now What Do I Do? A Beginning Quest Walkthrough

Postby Michele_L » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Village of Matras

You will begin in the area inside or outside of the Village of Matras, or in Cavity of Wolf Creek. Bryl, a kingdom agent, will greet you, and send you on your way to saving the land of Freymore. Following are the quests related.

1. Find Marisola's Hand Mirror:

If you started in the Cavity of Wolf Creek, you will meet a little girl named Marisola. She will send you on a quest to find her hand mirror. It is found in a puddle in the area. You just need to tap the puddle to find it. Return it to her and she will reward you with an item of water, two apples and Marisola's Amulet. Your fame points will also increase. She will give you a quest to get Osman the Orc to move off of the bridge at the Pagoda. This is a later quest. If you try to do this one at a very low level, you'll die quickly.
Explore the cave for any useful items. You can also pick the mushrooms in this area by tapping them. (you may need to be back a pace to pick them).
When you exit the cave, head south towards the Village of Matras.

2. Cure the Sickness:

Find the Mayor's house. It's one of the white ones to the north of the village. Talk to him. He will send you on a quest to "Cure the sickness'' in the village. Next go to the inn and talk to the innkeeper. He will tell you about the sickness and place a ladder down in the hole of the Cemetery of Matras.
The Cemetery of Matras is to the west just outside of the village. Go down in the hole and look for the area where there's bubbles coming from the floor. Take one step back from the wall and attack the area or use the burning hand spell to collapse it. When you find the crypt area, the shelf with the skull of Saint Seyna is permanent storage.
Return to the innkeeper and mayor for rewards. The mayor will make you return in a day.

3. Find the Smuggler's Storeroom:

You'll need to wait until the "cure the sickness" quest is complete to take on this quest.
In the Crypt of Matras, you'll see a small square button in the corner area to the right of the coffin. Tap it and the wall will open to your left. Follow the passage.
Return to the mayor for a reward.

4. Burgle for Mayana:

Find Mayana the Streetwalker standing by the long wooden building in the Port of Matras. She will want you to have committed a crime before she gives you her quest. (just attack her with your weapon, that's good enough for her) She will have you go around to the backside of the inn at night. Look for the unlit window and hit it with your weapon. Bring the loot back to her and divide it any way you like.
* This is a timed quest. You are given a certain amount of time to complete it.

5. Agent Recruiter's Boy:

You'll receive this quest from a Kingdom Agent Recruiter. You need to find the Agent's boy Onin. He's wearing brown clothes and can be found during the day in the Forgotten Swamp area. If you follow the western coastline south from Matras, you'll find it.
If your persuade skill is high enough, he will go willingly. If your skill isn't high enough, he will ask for gold. If you have enough gold, you can pay him and he will go willingly. You'll need to find his brother Anan, wearing pink clothes in the area of Wolf Creek, during the daytime. If you don't have the gold, you can bring his clothes to the fisher girl, Shena, in the long wooden building in the Port of Matras. You'll need persuade skill of 25+ to not fail the quest. (if you stand at the entrance of the hollow tree in Wolf Creek and walk five or so paces north, you'll be in the general area of Anan)
*If you are playing as a Seiry, the Kingdom Agent Recruiter will give you 250 gold and a spellbook of "Feather".

6. Kidnapped Wife:
and
7. Ransom Money:

Find Lord Bogar's kidnapped wife in the Robber Forest southeast of Matras. You'll find three small houses and a path to the south. The house to the east is where the lord's wife will be. When you find Sheila, the lord's wife, she doesn't want to go with you. Follow the path to the south. Find Drann. Talk to him about exploring the hole there. He will give you a 'Robber Key'. It opens the Dungeon of Blood in the hole there. Walk back north along the path to the middle house. Osanke, the Robber Leader, will send you to collect the ransom money from Lord Bogar. When you tell him his wife won't come back, he will give you Mush rum to give to his wife.
The choice is yours- help the lord or help the robber leader.
Return to the lord or robber leader for a reward.

8. Shaman's Three Skulls:

Follow the path south from the robber leader's house and enter the hole in the ground to the Dungeon of Blood.
The 'Robber Key' from Drann will open the first gate in this area. Oyo the Shaman will be in the area to the east. The gate will close behind you.
When you talk to him, he will tell you to look at the mirrors in the room. Tap the four mirrors and return to him. He will ask you to help him. If you refuse to help Oyo, and you don't have the "Mark" and "Recall" spells, you'll be trapped in the room. If you take on Oyo's quest, you'll need to find the three enchanted skulls.
Skull of Saint Sayna- you may already have this skull. It is/was located in the Crypt of Matras on the permanent storage shelf.
Skull of the Ogre- You'll need to find Ichi The Pawnbroker behind a door on the south side of the long wooden building in the Port of Matras.
Skull of Blood- Follow the passage to the north after you leave Oyo's area. The red magic barrier blocking the way should be gone now. Go down the stairs to find the creature. In this area you will also find the spellbook "Enchant".
For the rest of the Dungeon of Blood, there's a treasury room to the south of Oyo's area, a hidden area to the northwest side of the stairs leading to the Pit of Blood (there's a small square button on a wall), and a sanctuary area to the northeast of the stairs that you'll need to activate levers to open the gate. (activate only the two levers to the west for the gate to open)
When you find and talk to Ichi the Pawnbroker, he wants you to bring 500 gold and the "Book of Fire". The gold you need to acquire yourself and the book you'll get from Oyo.
Once you have both, return to Oyo the Shaman to complete the quest.

9. Thurm's Quest for the Animals:
and
10. Nadia's Potion:

Thurm and Nadia are located in the Peninsula area. Thurm is in the house near Nadia, who will be walking around outside, during the daytime. She also has a quest for a potion from her father in the Ploughland area. Both quests will lead you to the Amazon Cave. To find the Amazon Cave, it's in the area just south of the Forgotten Swamp on your map called, "River of Brendan". The entrance, a hole in the ground, will only appear after you take on Thurm's quest for the animals.

Amazon Cave: (will be added)

11. The Orc's Lost Idol:

To move Osman the Orc from the bridge in the Pagoda area, you can pay him or find his lost idol. To find it, stand directly in front of Osman then go nine paces to the west and one pace south. Tap the grass.

12. Repair Borgh's Armor:

Borgh the Lonley Knight in the Dark Pine Forest will ask you to bring him an Apprentice or Intermediate Repair Hammer. When you bring him a repair hammer, he will give you an item of Borgh's Map from the Orc's. When you receive this map, it will open up a hole to the Water Caverns along the western side of Brendan Lake.

Water Caverns:

There won't be a ladder in the hole, so you need to fall in. There will be a lever across the water to the east that you will need to throw/shoot something at to activate it. If you don't have any ranged weapons in your inventory, there's a shelf to the southwest that contains throwing weapons. This lever will open a gate to the south. Activate the lever in this newly opened area to open a wall to the northeast. Tap the green dragon tapestries to open the magic barriers. Activate the last lever to the east to turn on the teleport.
Michele_L

Re: Now What Do I Do? A Beginning Quest Walkthrough

Postby Dublin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Where do you find agent recruiters and is it worth it doing all these quests?
Dublin

Postby Michele_L » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:20 am

You find the Agent Recruiter behind a door in the southeast part of Matras. Yes it's worth doing these quests because you get rewarded. And you clear your quest list.
Michele_L

Postby Dublin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:46 am

Ok thanks for the quick response!
Dublin

Postby Michele_L » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:29 pm

You're welcome. :)
Michele_L

Postby Torthann » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:22 am

You should make one for the quests in Vastares
Torthann

Postby Carbonix » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Michele_L wrote:You find the Agent Recruiter behind a door in the southeast part of Matras. Yes it's worth doing these quests because you get rewarded. And you clear your quest list.

Btw: where are all the other guides gone?
Carbonix

Postby ChouDoufu » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:31 pm

I cannot find the button to open the secret passage to the smugglers hideaway. I've completed the poison air quest and asked the mayor about the smugglers dem and was ask of I heard anything but can only answer know. I'm assign that I need a new quest from theater before the button will appear. Is that correct?
ChouDoufu

Postby Unknown_Z » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:17 am

ChouDoufu wrote:I cannot find the button to open the secret passage to the smugglers hideaway. I've completed the poison air quest and asked the mayor about the smugglers dem and was ask o
f I heard anything but can only answer know. I'm assign that I need a new quest from theater before the button will appear. Is that correct?

I believe you are on the right track, go back to where the poison air book thing is and look at the enpty passage at the crypt, on the left side I think is a button which you press, leading you down a long passage
Unknown_Z

Postby Zman55 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:32 pm

I can't find the hand mirror I found the puddle though what do I new to do?
Zman55

Postby SoTa_Twist » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:45 am

Ok so for the Find The Smugglers Storeroom quest, either I'm blind or there's something I didn't do before hand because I can not find the button. I have already finished the Cure the Sickness quest too. Is there something else to do?
SoTa_Twist

Postby Unknown_Z » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:59 am

SoTa_Twist wrote:Ok so for the Find The Smugglers Storeroom quest, either I'm blind or there's something I didn't do before hand because I can not find the
button. I have already finished the Cure the Sickness quest too. Is there something else to do?

Idk then. So sorry. If you think your blind however, contact you doctor.
Unknown_Z

Postby Mostrio » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi my name is michael. All this info is pretty useful but i wonder how to take off the magic force field out of some places in the sunken dungeon and the water cavern ... ?
I know you probably have a life ( so do i) but if you want to answer that of better : contact me at mostrio@live.com, i would certainly appreciate !
Thx
Mostrio

Postby Velvorn » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:11 am

Hey, Michael. There is usually a switch of some kind to turn the energy walls off. It can look like a regular switch, but some of them are tapestries or buttons you have to walk onto. Just try tapping all the walls nearby.
Velvorn

Postby noobpod » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:47 am

Thanks for this guide. It's helping Malintaur out a lot.
noobpod

Postby Seanski9 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am

Thx
Seanski9

Postby Matías111 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Unknown_Z wrote:
SoTa_Twist wrote:Ok so for the Find The Smugglers Storeroom quest, either I'm blind or there's something I didn't do before hand because I can not find the
button. I have already finished the Cure the Sickness quest too. Is there something else to do?

If he's blind then how did he type that post? Did he use his guide dog or did he use a cane? XD
Matías111

Postby Unknown_Z » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:09 am

Matías111 wrote:
Unknown_Z wrote:
SoTa_Twist wrote:Ok so for the Find The Smugglers Storeroom quest, either
I'm blind or there's something I didn't do before hand because I can not find the

If he's blind then how did he type that post? Did he use his guide dog or did he use a cane? XD

Erm... He got blind after finishing the post
Unknown_Z

Postby jflame » Fri May 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Got as far as finding the whole in the Matras Cemetery, but no ladder!. My rope does not work, coming back the following day did not work, the pawn shop was of no help. Suggestions? Thanks
jflame

Postby Jacob » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:05 pm

jflame wrote:Got as far as finding the whole in the Matras Cemetery, but no ladder!. My rope does not work, coming back the following day did not work, the pawn shop was of no help. Suggestions? Thanks

You have to speak to the Inn keeper first. He says that he put down a ladder
Jacob

Postby orion sheepkiller » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:30 pm

how do you get the blood skull???
orion sheepkiller

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:51 pm

It's in the pit down from the Dungeon of Blood - the green force field which guards it will disappear after you accept the quest from the shaman.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Xwatson » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:27 am

Thanks great and easy to understand guides keep them coming please and thank you
Xwatson

Postby Capataz » Mon May 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi this is the first time I write in a forum, I'm from Chile and I'm 16, I love the quest, but i'm so bad, Just want to now where is the square boton from the third quest :D
Capataz

Postby wolf3167 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:36 am

In the crypt of Matras.
wolf3167

Next

Return to Guides