A SimpleGuide to the Classes of "The Quest" by Jacob L

Guides and walkthroughs.

A SimpleGuide to the Classes of "The Quest" by Jacob L

Postby Jacob_L » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 am

First of all, what is "The Quest"??? Well, hahaha, let Master Jake tell you his interpretation of "The Quest" ;)

Definition: "The Quest" (n.) th-uh KUH-west
A game of epic proportions by the makers of Redshift, an indie company that is just awesome by name, but even more so awesome after playing just a mere millisecond of their selections of games/expansions. "The Quest" features a detailed stirrings of, in simplest terms, AMAZINGNESS. Any RPG fan will become enveloped in this game's plot-line, elegant visuals, beautifully crafted combat system, and its hours of gameplay.

Now on to the real reason I made this forum. There are 5 total races of choosing in this game and, based on your preference of combat, picking the right one is VITAL. "Oh no, Mr. Jake has got me all worried and I'll pick the wrong one and not be strong enough!!!", is what some will say after reading the previous sentence, and others will CHILL OUT AND READ ON for my opinionated guide to choosing your character. What are the 5 classes you ask? Well, sit down, keep reading, and possibly make a bowl of popcorn (I prefer butter AND salt...mmmmm...yummy :P )!!!

The 5 races are as follows:

•Rasvim:
"The Undead" are as they are called by some, others regard them as fierce battlemages of the dark magics. They have an increased strength(+5) and intelligence(+10) and have heightened immunities to diseases and poisons (%50), however lack appropriate personality(-5) and have a staggering -%50 Magic Resistance in battle, so that is a serious problem.

•Note: When I played as Rasvim, I usually enchanted a few of my armors to include some magic resistances and I've also gained the "Resist Magic" spell so I may better survive against magical beasts/foes. Focusing solely on Strength, Endurance, and Intelligence I used a 2:1:2 ratio as character build, increasing the level of Personality and Dexterity every now and then.

•Etherim:
Master scouts and and the best with a bow, these hunters are best with light armors/weapons and with a bow in their hand. Etherim have nearly no natural penalties, other than a -%20 Magic Resistance, which isn't too bad. Their gains, however, are fairly great, being that they gain an increase to Dexterity(+10) and Endurance(+5). They also receive (+10) to Light Armor, Light Weapon, and Accuracy. Lastly, they increase their natural immunity of diseases by a decent %20 permanently.

•Note: For this class, I added magic resistance to my cape to negate my -%20 Magic Resistance and overall balance my character out. I also focused on increasing Strength, Dexterity, and Endurance on a 1:2:2 ratio, with an occasional 5 point increase to either Personality or Intelligence every occasional level.

•Seiry:
The "Theives" of this game, they are solely a secondary class due to no natural gains in combat related attributes/skills. They are crafty and skilled in wordplay and sneakery, and tend to get what they want in a dialogue or deal. They get a gain in Dexterity(+10) and Intelligence(+5) and increases in Lockpick, Sneak, and Disarm (+10) and also in Accuracy(+5). They have a few let downs though, being that they lose Strength and Personality(-5) and have an unfortunate -%30 Magic Resistance.

•Note: I've never played this race, and don't believe I will, but don't let me discourage you. My inference would be to increase Dexterity for ranged attacks and intelligence for secondary skill increases. Increase the secondary skills of Mercantile, Sneak, Persuade, Lockpick, and occasionally Disarm.

•Derth:
These scholars are the most intellectually gifted in all the game, otherwise known as a nerd in reality. Due to their Mental gains, they don't get the chicks so lose some Strength, Dexterity, and Endurance (-5 to all). Their Intelligence has a great gain (+10) and they also get increases in (+10) Heal, Attack, and Mind Magic. Lastly, they get fantastic %30 increase to magic resistance.

•Note: I am currently playing as this race and it is the best character I've created so far. I recommend increasing Intelligence 5 points the first level and doing that every 3 levels, whilist you increase all other attributes in ratios at your discretion.

•Nogur:
The hardiest warriors one can create, these tanks have the capabilities to receive physical damage at fractions of the other classes, and are also experts of heavy weaponry. With their natural increases of Strength and Endurance (+10) and Dexterity (+5), they are brick walls to any melee attack. They also gain %20 resistance to poison and %30 resistance to any diseases. As described before, they lack the intelligence of their predecessors, the Derth, a permanent decrease of intelligence and personality (-5) and to Magic Resistance, -%30.

•Note: These warriors typically do best with increases to Strength, Dexterity, and Endurance, at a 2:1:2 ratio. I also put a few skill points into Heal Magic as to put their SP to good use in battle and to keep them steam-rollin' on.

So now you have a rough idea of who you are and what you may become, whether it be with Sword & Sheild, Magic & Staves, Bow & Arrow, or Wordplay & Lockpicks. And this is a guide by the creator, Jacob L, who just wanted to help the younglings pick the right character. So now run along and play "The Quest", slay an Orc, smite a Thief, whatever you may do to just have fun and enjoy the beautifully crafted game by our friends at Redshift. :)

SimpleGuide by: Jacob_L
(ÜberBleistift)

P.S. :
Never EVER increase one attribute solely in a character. Even though you are a Nogur and Intelligence is not your thing, always keep upgrading that because of a possible need to increase a related skill to advance in-game.
Jacob_L

Re: A SimpleGuide to the Classes of "The Quest" by Jacob L

Postby Xionus » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Another thing I would like to add is NEVER BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS!! Everyone who plays The Quest needs help at one point or another, and it is our responsibility to give each other some help.
Xionus

Postby ZzCupidzZ » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:52 am

Are you allowed to put 5 points at a time? It doesnt let me
ZzCupidzZ

Postby Zax-fa » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:01 pm

I think your allowed to put 5 points at one time because once when I got too level 28 I put 35 points on lockpick.
Zax-fa

Postby Carbonix » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Zax-fa wrote:I think your allowed to put 5 points at one time because once when I got too level 28 I put 35 points on lockpick.
Carbonix

Postby Jacob_L » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:23 pm

ZzCupidzZ wrote:Are you allowed to put 5 points at a time? It doesnt let me

In regards to attribute leveling, there is a limit to how high attributes can be based on your level. An example may be any character in the beginning of The Quest, whereas you level your first time, you are only allowed to invest 2 points into any attribute. However if you wait two labels later on, you may expend ALL points into a single attribute (however the attribute cap is still active and is based on ratio to your level). Hopefully I have answered your question! :)
Jacob_L

Postby CryoFyre » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:07 am

I have played as a seiry, and bows, light weapons, and poisons are usually their thing, they usually just steal stuff from citizens and sneak past guards, it's what they do best. ;)
CryoFyre

Return to Guides