The Quest Guides Part 2: Tips for Beginners

Guides and walkthroughs.

The Quest Guides Part 2: Tips for Beginners

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat May 05, 2012 11:43 pm

A collection of lost guides from Playhaven, mostly for beginners.

A Quest Newbie's Guide to Being ... well, a Quest Newbie!

Introduction

As a new player, I was extremely frustrated early on in The Quest. Walkthroughs are difficult in this free-for-all style of game, so Quest-specific guides are prevalent. Though there are several great guides, I wanted something more concrete. I'm certainly not qualified to write a guide, but I want to get some stuff out that I've gleaned from playing, as well as other guides. For what it's worth ...

Tips/Tricks

1. Once you get past the monastery in Vastares, you start making a LOT more money -- invest in an enchanted weapon/armor to help you power through it. I found the Superior Battle Axe and buffed the heck out of it.

2. The Abandoned Region/Mine, just to the West of the Pagoda and Vastares, is GREAT for getting loot/gold drops. I haven't found anyone who offers a quest to clean it out; I wandered into it by accident. Just stock up on heal and mana potions before you go. It's also worth it to have the spells 'Recall' and 'Mark' prior to entering (I think TicTax gave me that tip!).

3. Keep Sohea's mortar and pestle until you can get a master one. That sucker can mix up potions like crazy! I am nowhere near the 70+ levels suggested by Michele et. al. for mixing potions, and I'm able to make Permanent stat potions pretty readily. (FYI: You need an Alchemy level of 75 to make Permanent stat potions 100% of the time). Previous advice suggests saving prior to each brew, so you could potentially retry if a potion doesn't take, but I didn't feel the need. The alchemists will buy them for around 300 gold. Big money when you're broke! :) While we're talking alchemy, invest in every herb and flower you can find. You'll catch on pretty quick that Torstal Root, Wolfsbane, Travelers Friend and Lighten Leaves are pretty rare. Check back at your alchemists on a daily basis to stockpile these herbs. I like putting my 'Mark' near the alchemist in every town for quick trips.

4. Wander the edges of the lake/ocean if you're feeling vulnerable. I edged around the map after I left Phryn and was able to utilize the cheat mentioned about 'Town Portal' in order to get to Mithria. Yes, I ran into expert robbers and blood shamans, but they were pretty scarce compared to the bloodbath I would have encountered walking through the middle of the map. Essentially, you're removing a direction (well, two) from which the baddies can approach you. This would also work to get to the monastery in Vastares, avoiding the scary shamans and creepy dwarfs that pop up out of nowhere (seriously, here -- I jump every time I swivel around and see one unexpectedly!).

5. Do not feel compelled to complete every quest in order. Beyond the obvious that you can't complete the main quest until the end, I've reached Mithria and have yet to visit the Sunken Monastery, talk to the jeweler in Vastares about double-crossing her, or return the above-mentioned mortar and pestle to Sohea. S'okay ... I'll get to them after I have a crap-ton of gold under my belt and can fell those early baddies with one hack.

6. Nine times out of 10, if the NPC doesn't have a proper name, you don't need to talk to them. Wastes a lot of time yakking with every citizen, prostitute, guard and pilgrim you come across.

7. As mentioned in other guides, cards are your friends. Use the innkeeper in Matras to hone your skills (necromancer always works for me) and try every inn in all the cities. I risk the full bet as to maximize my winnings. Also, I don't play more than two or three hands in a row. For some reason, the innkeeper tends to win when we play the same deck.

8. Push ahead to the next town when you can. Often times, the loot drops are so much better than the stuff near the quests you're working on, you'll find you can upgrade weapons to go back and defeat the baddies in the "easier" areas. For example, I pushed to Vastares, leveled up/got better armor, and went back to get the final skull for Oyo, the creepy shaman in the blood pit near the robber hideout.

9. Though I'm a great advocate for camping IRL, I'm chicken for camping out under the stars in this game. I'd rather have a ratty, flea-infested bed than the cold, hard ground, especially when it rains. Plus, how can you sleep when there are nutty weirdos running around the place?! Therefore, I always keep enough gold to stay in an inn at night. You get fed, you get watered. We keep horses in a stable. People should stay in an inn.

10. Finally, for iPhone users: Save, and save often! I can't TELL you how many times I got kicked out of the game when I got a call on my cell. If the developers read this -- getting the iPhone, which satisfies my mobile, music, video and gaming needs, was tantamount to the caveman discovering fire. Life-altering. Seriously. Help us help you to continue quality gaming experiences by not punishing us for playing on our phone. Please, for the love of all that's holy, see if there's a way for autosave to kick in when a phone call/text message/low battery reminder registers! Please!

Final Words
A special thank you to everyone who has written a guide, answered my questions, posted suggestions on the site. I was seriously ready to throw in the towel before I found you all. Again, a lot of what's in here is mentioned in other places. I just thought I'd condense some of it into a one-stop shop for newbies like me! :)

Written by MissSea

HAMMERtime's helpfull advice for starting out (i.e. stuff i wish i knew when i started playing)

Super helpful tips for just starting out.

1. to gain quick money early on, pick up all the alchemy ingredients to sell (i.e. mushrooms, flowers ect), 5 or 6 gold add up when you pick up 18 of em at a time.

2. when your looking for a certain weapon or spell book, save your game before entering the shop, if it isnt in the selection, reload until it is, as long as you dont enter the shop that day, it will change the selection every time.

3. always have persuade as a main attribute, for any kind of character, there are ALOT of quests that is necessary to have a certain level of persuade and sometimes it will give you a "lie" option to conversations if its high enough, also its just a neat attribute to beef up like mercantile or lockpick, it will come in handy when you least expect it, but need it most.

4. mark and recall. the most important time saving spells known to questkind! you can get them in vastares, but if you reload enough times ive got em in matras.

5. look through every barrel and tap every unusual thing, all that crap you'll never use you find in barrels add up when you sell em, and ive found alot of hidden gold and potions in rocks (rocks... i know...) and in puddles and bush's, cracks in the wall ect. not alot to find in the original quest, but the add ons are FULL of em.

6. have 2 save's, ive done quest's that have 2 or 3 parts to em, saved after getting the second part, messed up the second part of it, so didnt get the full reward for the original... wish i had a later save and got the full reward...

7. talk to all the NPC's and try every door, (btw,if you have a skeleton key you can break into some of the front doors, i think depending on how high your stealth is you do or dont get a price on your head for a crime, i could be wrong about that though) i missed alot of cool quest's because i didnt talk to everyone, and hit every door.

8. when a non-ranged fighter (ranged fighters are archer's, spell casters, enemies that can attack from a distance) backs away during a battle, dont follow, he will come back, use that turn to heal, or cast a spell or just attack nothing and make him return so you have the next turn to attack.

9. if your really into it, make a REAL quest log, alot of the info isnt repeated after they give you the quest, better to write the info down when they tell you the first time, (or take a screenshot of your ipod/iphone/iwhatever) they might not tell you again...

10. i wish i had an even 10 helpful things for this "guide", but i dont, so i hope this helps some new players, or some people who didnt know one of these things.

Written by HAMMERtime

Beginners guide to gold

alright by a show of virtual hands from noobs people wanna know how to maker a quick buck on "the quest"

First you have to go to the robber forest and go to the dungeon of blood. Talk to the shaman and get his quest this is essential. Beat and and put a mark at the storeroom and the cyclops room if u have the spell. If not find the spell then do as above steps instruct. Now wait 1 week in the village of matras and viola all the stuff in the dungeon has respawned.take everything, sell it and repeat as many times as desired

You can also take and get some pretty sweet equipment from killing the cyclops and checking the storeroom to buff out your guys

Written by Seanroy

Easy Money for lower level players

Reallly easy money for newer players

This is a guide for new lower level players.(such as myself)
I have discovered a few tricks while playing this game to help you gain money.
note: Higher mercantile helps for all of these

For this trick you need to have picked alchemy as one of your main skills and diligently leveled it up.
At level 10 with 42 alchemy skill I have no problems pulling this off.
Go to the alchemist in the middle of matras.
Buy all of his ingredients(every last one, dont worry you will get your money back).
Go to you mortar and pestle and begin randomly trying out different combinations.
The potion you want to hit is robot oil.
After doing this a few times you will begin to notice certain ingredients working together.
The main point of this trick is that homemade robot oil sells for around 400 gold with 20 gold worth of plants going into the making.
You should be able to make 5+ robot oils per go (my personal record is 12).
Once you are done with robot oils you can experiment with your other goodies and make other potions.
You can sell those other potions too or keep them for help in dungeons and exploration.
Sell the robot oils RIGHT BACK TO HIM!
12*400 = 4800 gold!
The best thing is the alchemist replenishes his wares every single day!
Just rinse and repeat, you can do this passing through or just rent a room at the inkeeper to pass 8 hours.
Sometimes you need to rent the room at the inkeeper multiple times to get to the next day,
but it is only around 50 gold per go and you are going to be raking in money.
(you can walk in circles to pass the time if you want to save the gold on the room)
Rinse and repeat...

You can revisit dungeons every seven days and they will have respawned all their enemies and items!
The books on their pedestals will not respawn but everything else will.

DO NOT VISIT THE DUNGEONS INBETWEEN THE SEVEN DAYS OR IT WILL RESET THE CLOCK.

This works well with the three skulls dungeon, the amazon archer dungeon, and the skeleton dungeon.

If you did not tell the mayor about the storeroom for the smugglers that is a great place to do it.
(if you told the mayor the storeroom will be boarded off)

Just sell all of your goods to the alchemist, magician, and smith to get a couple thousand each run.

Hope this was helpfull.

Written by xBeast

Get rich quick! My guide to making big money

Introduction

I remember how difficult it was at the beginning of this game to make ends meet. I always try to have the best equipment when I play an RPG, and it seemed like every time I visited the shop there was a better, and more expensive, sword or piece of armor available. Not only that, but as an Etherim archer I was forced to continuously buy arrows that got more expensive the farther I got in the game, and I kept on running out of potions.

Now, slightly into HOL I, I have 300k cash, a full set of superiorly enchanted armor for four skills, and more arrows and potions than I will ever need. My skills are as high as the trainers will let them go. This guide will tell you how I did it.

Section I: Direct Money Makers

The methods I list in this section directly contribute to the cash in your pockets.

Alchemy

Buying herbs from an alchemist or witch and making potions from them has the highest return of any investment you will make in the quest. Once you start making permanent attribute potions, you will be multiplying the money you spend on herbs by 1000% or more, depending on your mercantile skill.

Here is a step by step explanation:

1. Mark the entrance to the herb shop in each town (Early towns sell lots of common herbs, later ones sell few rare ones).
2. Don any mercantile enhancing gear you own.
3. Visit each shop, purchasing every useful herb*.
4. Visit an inn or camp until a new day begins.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until you have a suitable amount of herbs.
6. Make potions with your mortal and pestle.
7. Sell your products for great profit (if you haven't equipped your mercantile gear yet, be sure to do it now)!

*Herbs you should buy no matter what potion you are making: Old Kings Folly, Lady's Slipper, Power Berries, Wolfs Bane (these make perm. strength), Scatter of Lion Fuzz, Fire Mushroom, Traveler's Friend (these make perm. dexterity), Narcissa's Gold, Swamp Sulfur, Ghost Shiitake, Hops (these make perm. endurance), Wind Flower, Love Lies Bleeding, Arrant Rose, Rainbow Mushrooms, Lighten Leaves, Torstal Root, Blue Thorn (these make perm. intelligence), Witches Kiss, Green Fungi, and Blighted Fungus (these make perm. personality). You won't be able to get enough of them eventually.

What potions should you make?

Permanent attribute potions! They sell for 89 coins each at lv 1 mercantile, increasing by about 2.8 coins with each additional level (this only applies until a point I have not determined, where the increase drops off). This is 229 coins each at the modest level of 50, and 285 at level 70 (easily achievable by enchanting gear), and they only cost 30 coins to make! I sell them for 355 with my boosted mercantile level of 258.

You need level 70 alchemy to make permanent attribute potions without fail, but you can attempt them with a partial success rate at lv 50 or so (this is a ballpark figure, I'm not sure what the exact level is). The potion will show up as ???? if you select three herbs that fortify an attribute. Just save your game before you try to make the potion, and if you fail, reload the game. Again, enchanted gear is your friend.

If you can't or don't want (are you crazy?) to make permanent attribute potions, you can still get a modest return from fortify magic, fortify melee, resist magic, cure plague, and cure warrt potions. I have no idea what the exact figures are, because I don't make them that often.

One last thing: PICK ALL THE PLANTS THAT YOU SEE! I can't stress this enough. There are thousands of coins worth of potions just lying around, waiting for you to pick them up. Why spend money on herbs when you can get them for free?

Enchantables

Enchanted gear is always more expensive than unenchanted gear. Sometimes a simple enchantment can increase the value of an item by thousands. You can take advantage of this by buying an unenchanted item, enchanting it with your own skills (taking it to a magician defeats the purpose), and selling it back for a profit. NOTE: This is a mediocre method of gaining money. You should only really be doing this if you happen to see a good enchantable; marking shops specifically for item hunting is a waste of spots.

Good items:

Cloak
Leather Cape
Wood Staff
Silver Gauntlets
Unholy Crown
Master Arrows
Cape
Anything you get as a monster drop (ALWAYS enchant for-sell drops before you hand them off)

This list represents a very small percentage of the viable items for this strategy. Feel free to experiment, because you might find a great item (tell me about it in the comments, and you may see it in this guide :D).

NOTE: If you ever see a Wand of Enchant in the Phyrn or Mithra store, BUY IT! It will cost you about 6k, but it will allow you to enchant your stuff without mana, as well as to recharge your wands, including the Wand of Enchant itself. The lv 60 wand enchants up to 180 storage with 5 charges, and the lv 80 wand gets you 240 storage with 6 charges. This is more than enough for dealing with the massive amounts of slightly enchantable crap you get from monsters, and if you are an archer like me it is great for beefing up the vast quantities of master arrows you will be buying. It might even be worth reloading the shop until it becomes available.

NOTE: If you can only fill part of an item's enchant storage, don't leave the part you can't enchant empty. Drink fortify magic potions (Potions of different strengths stack. Yes, this means you can drink a small, strong, ultimate, and homemade potion and reap all the benefits) and wear gear that boosts your environmental magic.

Respawn Farming

Monsters respawn every week. This means that if you are having trouble with a certain part of the game, you can go back and train on monsters you already killed.

But did you know that items respawn as well? That's right, the reward rooms for every dungeon in the game restock once every seven days. Marking the location of the more valuable item spawns gives you a regular weekly income, which gets higher as you get to better dungeons.

One of the great things about this cash cow is that it is available very early in the game. The Cave of the Amazons explored in "Thurms Quest for the Animals" has some GREAT stuff, including some nice arrows for the budding archer.

Now, I only recently discovered respawn farming, so the Cave of the Amazons is the only good early game dungeon that I remember. But fortunately for you all, you don't really need an explicit guide to make great money doing this. Just cast mark if you find a great item, and return once a week. It's as simple as that. Feel free to reply if you have a great spot that you just have to share, however :-).

Spawns that I have marked (or have had marked in the past):

Twisted Fire Rapier in the Caves of Lava*
Mystic Robe in Cyclops Cave (grab 800 enchant wand while there)
Ancient Shield in Undead City (located near Dark Maul)
Holy Crown on ground in the Hospitality Forrest~
Ring of Enchantment in cave on HOLI starting island (grab random pile of gems while there)~
Bra that Rocks in Bath House in Fortress of Zlatograd~

*Found in Official Expansion
~Found in HOLI Expansion

Choosing Loot from Monsters

Have you ever spent ages fighting the boss of a dungeon, only to discover that your reward is the spellbook for a spell you already know? It can be very frustrating, but fortunately, there is a remedy. In fact, you can even make a considerable profit.

The game does not assign a drop to a monster until it is dead, at which point you receive a random item from the monster's drop table. Since the drop is not assigned until death, you can pick which item you get to a certain extent by saving before you kill the monster, then reloading the game if you aren't happy with what you get.

This not only solves that annoyance of getting a spellbook of Mass Drain Health after a long hard dungeon, but also allows you to hunt monsters that occasionally drop very valuable items without waiting the week for them to respawn. The monsters that stick out in my mind for this are the dragons in the Fire and Ice expansion. They sometimes drop a pile of 20,000 coins, which is quite a lot at that stage of the game.

I have never gone back to kill respawning monsters, so I have not had that much exposure to the rare and valuable drops of other monsters (I did find a heavy dragon blade from a waterfiend on Elfdell, however). This is where you come in: leave a comment if you find something great.

Written by Sine_Nomine

Gol’Crop Card Game

Overview

Gol'Crop is a mini game of cards implemented into The Quest to serve as a good source of income when you are on a tight economical spot as well as an entertaining distraction from the chore of daily adventuring.

The game can be played by visitting the inns located at each town across Freymore. Each game will have a minimum and maximum betting fee, and these vary across towns. There are three types of 25-card decks to select from; The Warrior, The Sorcerer and The Necromancer. Each one of these decks has a different focus and strategies associated with them.

Betting

This is perhaps the most important thing to know about Gol'Crop, how much money you can make.

The first oportunity you get to play this mini game will be in the Village of Matras. Jose will give you the option of betting only 10 gold as the minimum amount, but you may increase this bet by increments of 10 up to 50 gold coins as the maximum amount. You will forfeit the amount of gold you put in should you lose a game, but you will earn double the amount you bet should you win. If you only put down 10 gold coins, you will only gain 20 gold coins in return (the 10 you bet plus the 10 you won from Jose). This means that the most you can make playing Gol'Crop in Matras will be 50 gold coins. Fear not! These amounts will grow with each new town you visit.

Town - Min Bet - Max Bet

Matras - 10g - 50g
Vastares - 50g - 200g
Phryn - 50g - 300g
Mithria - 100g - 500g

Gameplay

The game itself is both entertaining and simple. Each player will start with a 40hp counter. The goal of the game is to reduce your oponent's life total to 0hp without you falling below 1hp.

Each player will draw five cards at the start of the match. The game will then be split into rounds with each player taking a turn to play a single card starting with your character. There is an exception to this rule as some combo cards allow you to play more than one card in your turn, but there are only a few combo cards on each deck. Once the round's actions are resolved, both players will draw the same number of cards played to replenish their hands back to 5 cards. This rotation will continue until one player looses.

There are three types of cards in Gol'Crop:

Instant - Cards that have an action that resolves within the same round. Most of these cards are either dealing damage or healing hp, but there are also instant cards that remove temporary effect cards.

Temporary - Cards that resolve their effect in two or more turns. These cards will take up one of the three open slots by your character's pic called markers. You may only have three temporary effects active at any given time. New temporary effect cards played after all markers are filled will randomly replace one of the tabled cards.

Combo - Cards that resolve instantly, but also allow for a second card to be played. These card must be played before another card in order to have its effect resolved. You will not be able to play a card before a combo card on the same turn. Note that each deck will have one combo card that doubles the subsequent card's effect, but this acts differently for each card type. Instant damage or healing efects are doubled, while temporary effects have their duration doubled instead. In addition to all of that, combo cards will trigger a turn for your markers. You can use this advantage to stack more effects within a single turn by playing multiple combo cards at once.

Decks

All three decks will have 25 different cards with 55 being their total card count, but they will be themed quite differently from one another.

The Warrior

The Warrior deck focuses on using cards that reflect their physical attributes in combat. The deck is full of weapon attacks as well as number of defensive armored effects. The deck also makes heavy use of potions to replenish any damage taken.

Card Name - Card Type - Quantity - Effect

Arrow Storm - Temporary - 3 - Inflicts 3 damage per turn - Turns: 3
Assault - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 2 damage and removes a marker from the enemy
Backstab - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 5 damage, any kind of defense ignored
Battle Axe - Temporary - 2 - 20% damage bonus per turn - Attacks: 7
Berzerk - Temporary - 1 - 50% damage bonus but 30% more damage taken per turn - Turns: 2
Bleeding - Temporary - 3 - Inflicts 1 damage and enemy loses 3 Hp per turn - Turns: 3
Block - Temporary - 1 - 50% damage resistance - Turns: 2
Bloodlust - Combo - 2 - Heals half of the missing Hp
Crush - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 3 damage to the enemy
Dual Strike - Instant - 2 - Inflicts 8 damage, half to the defense if apply
Fosse - Instant - 3 - Removes a marker from the opponent
Healing Potion - Temporary - 3 - Heals 7 points plus 1 point per turn - Turns: 3
Heroic Remedy - Instant - 1 - Increases both Hp and max Hp by 5
Kite Shield - Temporary - 3 - 25% damage reduction per turn - Durability: 12 Hp
Longsword - Temporary - 3 - 20% damage bonus per turn - Attacks: 5
Marksman - Temporary - 1 - Inflicts 5 damage per turn - Turns: 3
Mourner - Temporary - 1 - 50% damage bonus per turn - Turns: 2
Plate Mail - Temporary - 1 - 33% damage reduction per turn - Durability: 15 Hp
Raid - Temporary - 2 - Inflicts 3 damage per turn only to the enemy defense - Turns:5
Rapid Stab - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 4 damage, half to the defense if apply
Rejuvenate - Instant - 2 - Heals half of the missing Hp
Remedy - Instant - 3 - Heals 5 points
Slash - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 2 damage to the enemy
Tower Shield - Temporary - 2 - 20% damage reduction per turn - Durability: 8 Hp
War Cry - Combo - 1 - You can table another card which effect's doubled

The main strategy of this deck is to outlast your oponent by using its numerous defensive cards as well as its healing potions. The deck has a major drawback in that the damage dealing cards are not very potent when compared to the other decks. Knowing when to use markers for damage equipment instead of protective equipment will be crucial.

The deck has also a good amount of cards that control the oponent's marker in Assault and Fosse. Do not be afraid to use these when you draw them as you will likely see multiple copies during a single game.

Sorcerer

The Sorcerer deck is the trickiest of them all. This deck has a good amount of mid-tier damage cards much like the theme would suggest, but its real strength comes in the numerous temporary cards it holds.

Aura of Air - Temporary - 3 - Decreases the damage taken, by 25% per turn - Turns: 4
Aura of Earth - Temporary - 1 - Decreases the damage taken, by 50% per turn - Turns: 4
Aura of Fire - Temporary - 3 - Reflects 25% of suffered damage, per turn - Turns: 4
Aura of Water - Temporary - 3 - Decreases the damage taken, by 25% per turn - Turns: 4
Blade Storm - Temporary - 3 - Inflicts 3 damage per turn - Turns: 2
Bless - Instant - 1 - Heals 15 points
Blizzard - Temporary - 3 - Inflicts 1 damage per turn - Turns: 6
Chain Lightning - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 5 damage to the enemy
Death Node - Temporary - 3 - Increases the damage inflicted, by 25% per turn - Turns: 4
Earthquake - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 5 damage to the enemy
Firewall - Instant - 1 - Inflicts 8 damage to the enemy
Healing Scroll - Instant - 2 - Heals 7 points
Healing Shower - Instant - 3 - Heals 4 points
Ice Bolt - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 4 damage to the enemy
Life Node - Temporary - 3 - Regenerates Hp by 2 points per turn - Turns: 10
Mana Explosion - Combo - 1 - Heals half of the missing Hp
Mana Storm - Combo - 1 - You can table another card which effect's doubled
Moon Node - Temporary - 3 - Increases the damage inflicted, by 25% per turn - Turns: 4
Rage of Nature - Temporary - 1 - Inflicts 4 damage to the enemy per turn - Turns: 3
Sandstorm - Temporary - 3 - Inflicts 1 damage per turn - Turns: 5
Starfall - Instant - 1 - Destroys all of the enemy's markers
Sun Node - Temporary - 1 - Increases the inflicted damage, by 50% per turn - Turns: 4
Whirlwind - Instant - 2 - Inflicts 5 damage to the enemy and destroys one of its markers
Wildfire - Temporary - 1 - Inflicts 2 damage to the enemy per turn Turns: 4
Will-o'-the-Wisp - Temporary - 2 - Reduces enemy attack by 2 per turn - Turns: 3

The Sorcerer deck is both graceful and devastating. You will never run out of damage dealing spells with this one, but there are some tricks. The damage these cards do will be mid-tier. You will have to enhance its power by weaving the multiple auras and nodes available to you. The trick to the deck comes in timing the defensive auras with the offensive ones well enough to not have them overlap needlessly.

Keep an eye out for Starfall. This potent card will be crucial in dealing with all decks as it can clean all of the oponent's markers in one clean strike.

Necromancer

The Necromancer deck is perhaps the most damaging of the three. The deck focuses on placing numerous minions on the table to deal damage over time as well as packing a considerable punch with mid-tier damage instants, and even some nasty high damage suprises.

Acid Rain - Temporary - 3 - Inflicts 1 damage per turn - Turns: 3
Atrophy - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 2 damage
Blackout - Instant - 1 - Drains 12 Hp from the enemy
Blood Boil - Temporary - 1 - Inflicts 10 Hp damage per turn - Turns: 2
Blood Chant - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 4 damage for suffering 2 damage
Blood Filch - Instant - 2 - Inflicts 5 damage for suffering 1 damage
Blood Golem - Temporary - 3 - Minion, inflicts 1 damage to the enemy in each turn - Hp: 6
Blood Moat - Temporary - 3 - Defensive bone wall - Hp: 8
Bone Wall - Temporary - 3 - Defensive bone wall - Hp: 6
Corpse Army - Temporary - 3 - Inflicts 2 damage per turn - Turns: 2
Dark Touch - Instant - 3 - Drains 3 Hp from the enemy
Fang - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 6 damage for suffering 3 damage
Ghoul - Temporary - 3 - Minion, inflicts 2 damage to the enemy in each turn - Hp: 4
Graveyard - Temporary - 2 - Regenerates 1 Hp per turn - Turns: 5
Heart Pile - Combo - 2 - Heals half of the missing Hp
Parasite - Temporary - 3 - Drains 1 Hp per turn - Turns: 3
Poison Cloud - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 4 damage for suffering 1 damage
Sacrifice - Instant - 3 - Inflicts 5 damage for suffering 3 damage
Skeleton - Temporary - 1 - Minion, inflicts 3 damage to the enemy in each turn - Hp: 4
Soul Crush - Instant - 1 - Inflicts 15 damage for suffering 5 damage
Soul Pile - Combo - 1 - You can table another card which effect's doubled
Unholy Seal - Temporary - 1 - Drains 1 Hp per turn - Turns: 3
Vampire - Temporary - 1 - Minion, drains 3 Hp in each turn - Turns: 3
Vampire Bats - Temporary - 2 - Drains 1 Hp per turn - Turns: 4
Vampire Bite - Instant - 2 - Drains 6 Hp from the enemy

The major drawback of the deck comes in the form of its recklessness. Most of the damage dealing instants will deal a small amount of damage to your character as well as harming the oponent. However, the numerous drain effects on the deck will alleviate some of the strain that your offense might give you. The trick to playing the Necromancer deck is to learn how to balance these two effects. Use the powerful Vampire Bite frugally as it will have no drawback at all and is capable of leveling the playing field if you find yourself in a tight spot.

The deck also has three of the most devastating cards in the game in the form of Blood Boil, Soul Crush, and Blackout. Each one of these is a game winner when used propperly. Combine them with the Soul Pile combo card, and there will be no stopping you.

There you have it!

Hopefully this guide helped you understand the game enough to start turning a profit. Good luck in your gambles.

Written by Matapiojo
Sylon / Redshift

Return to Guides