The Quest Guides Part 7: Level 13-15 Quests

Guides and walkthroughs.

The Quest Guides Part 7: Level 13-15 Quests

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun May 06, 2012 12:43 am

A collection of lost guides from Playhaven, focusing on the last town (Mithria) and the end of the game.

Help Lord Solamar ~ A Questlover Guide

Firstly I would recommend being at least level 11 before doing this quest and as always I would recommend stocking up on potions, specifically a potion of full healing (you will need this to complete the quest).

To start this quest you must talk to Sathenea. Sathenea can be found in her School for Warriors. The school is about 10 steps west off the passageway to Mithria trail. The Passageway to Mithria can be found NW of Phryn (look it up on your island map)The school looks like a small blue box on your island map.

To do the "Help Lord Solamar" quest you must first talk to Sathenea and train her candadites. The Candadites are about level 9 also you can choose what type of candadite you want to train.

You will have to fight all of the rounds.

After you do that ask her "any problems?" and she will give you the "Help Lord Solamar" quest.

You will be fighting:

2 Blood Shamans: they are level 15 creatures with 200 Hp and they only use magic.

They also have high disease, magic, paralysis and poison resistances.

You will also have to fight many more of these on the way to the school including: Expert Muggers who are level 13 and have 210 Hp.

You will find Lord Solamar somwhere within 20 paces of the school in a southwest direction.
He looks like an average citizen. (Hes not that hard to find).

Now talk to him and give him a potion of full healing. He will then give you his dirk to show sathenea to prove that he is okay.

Now go back to Sathenea and say "any problems" again and she will reward you. Now you've done it! Yay!

Congratz :)

Sorry for the somewhat vague instructions in this guide. I'm not completely familiar with this quest as I haven't done it in awhile. I hope this still gives people a good guideline for this quest. If anybody notices anything misleading in this guide please tell me and I will fix it.

Written by QuestLover

Demons in the Cemetery Quest Walkthru

A father urges you to help him save his daughters soul from an unholy pact with a demon

Starting

In the Cemetery of Mithria you will a man dressed in green called Hadan. Ask him "Hm?".
He will tell you that his daughter is due to rise from the dead and she needs to be killed with a certain morning star that he will give you at his house in Mithria.
Once you accept you have 12 hours to receive the mace, and 24 hours to kill his daughter's ghost

Getting the mace

Enter Hadan's house (see map) and talk to him "About your daughter"
He will give you a Saint Morning Star

Ghostbusting

Go back to the Cemetery of Mithria, where you will be confronted by 2 enemies. A Ghost and a Demon.
Kill the ghost with any weapon and the Demon using the morning star.
Return to Hadan at his house where he will reward you with the Saint Morning Star, 800 gold and fame.

Written by evildonald

Elsibeta's Locket ~ A QuestLover Guide

To do this quest you must have access to the city of Mithria (and potions always potions).

To start talk to Elsibeta the little girl standing by the drain in Mithria. Ask her if she needs any help and she will tell you she lost her locket in a drain and you will receive the "Elsibeta's Locket" quest.

To find Elsibeta stand by the guards on the east entrance to the city center. First take 6 steps east, then take 8 steps south turn west and your at the drain! Elsibeta stands right near that area (just turn around and you will see her).

Now tap the drain your facing (after you've talked to Elsibeta) and you will crawl into a sewer.

You will be fighting:
Several Venom Bats. They are Level 3 creatures with 36Hp.
Several Bloody Skeletons. They are level 12 creatures with 192Hp.

When you first walk in take 1 step forward and you will find Venom Bats waiting for you, after that Bloody Skeletons will come (if you kill a creature and nothing apears swipe your weapon in midair until they appear). Now you must follow the small trail of water on the ground until you see a locket on the ground pick it up.

Now follow the water trail back tap the drain, climb up talk to Elsibeta and you've done it!!!
Congratz! :)

Written by QuestLover

Mithril for the Blacksmith ~ A QuestLover Guide

To do this quest you will have to have access to Silver Peak and Mithria. I also recommend being at least level 12.
You will be facing:

Several Cyclops: they are level 15 creatures with 450 Hp and they don't use magic
Several Mistress Leaders: they are level 14 creatures with 200 Hp and they use magic

Now to start talk to Ommar the Blacksmith in Mithria and say "something better". He will then give you the "Mithril for the Blacksmith" quest and tell you to go get Mithril from silver peak for a special armor.
Now you must go to The Village of Phryn (I recommend using the portal by the potion shop if you have access to it).

Ok I don't know how to upload pictures from my ipod onto my computer so bear with me

To start stand by the guard on the east side of the city center (of Phryn). Then take 19 steps east then 15 steps south then 8 steps east
then 10 steps south then 2 steps west. Now follow the wall line west 6 steps and you will be facing a hole in the wall tap it.
Remember to watch out for monsters on the way!

You will be facing:

4 Venom Bats: they are level 3 creatures with 36 Hp and they don't use magic but will tend to poison you.
Once you are inside take 1 step south then 1 step east then 2 steps south then 1 step east 1 more step south then turn west pull the switch you are facing. Now turn around and venture through the gate you will find a hole to the north climb down it.

You will be facing:

Over 6 Orc Miners: they are level 12 creatures with 200 Hp and they don't use magic.

Now talk to the Orc facing you and tell him "I'll kick you out first!" or something like that.

He will now fight you along with a bunch of Orc Miners.

Now walk east until you reach the second passage leading south then follow the passage 4 steps forward then turn east and walk 6 steps the turn south and walk until the end of the passageway. You will see what looks like blue gold pick it up it is the Mithril.

"Now go back to to Ommar and say "something better" again, and he will give you the armor for 10,000 gold and now you've done it!

Congratz :)
P.S. I got the 10,000 gold from selling some of the old gear I wasn't wearing to him and trust me its definateley worth it!

Written by QuestLover

Smurfys guide to - Find Rubors Grandson/Find Rubor in prison

Rubors quest, and quests related to Rubor

Find Rubors grandson/Find Rubor in prison

This is by no means a "hard" quest but it is confusing. I hear a lot of questions about Quest 2 (Find Rubor in prison)

Quest 1: Find rubors grandson

Talk to Rubor (In the port of Mithria I believe)
Talk to the Captain (You may have to pay him)
Talk to the Inn Keeper (You may have to pay him)

Rubor's grandson is around the back of the inn, tap the door.

Walk to rubors house in the outlands of Mithria (His house is northern most one)
Talk to his daughter

Quest complete, you will be rewarded and given another quest.

Quest 2: Find Rubor in prison

First of all, as many think there is a prison entrance you can enter prison without committing a crime. Incorrect do not spend time trying to find it, it is not there.

Buy a scroll of strong unlock/disarm or have very high lockpick/disarm levels.
Commit a crime
Use the scrolls of strong unlock/disarm on the prison door
Find Rubor he should be relatively easy to find.

Rubor will give you his amulet.
Dont get stuck! How does one get out of prison?

Find a sewer with no grate on it.
Tap it (it will ask if you want to leave prison or not select YES!)
Talk to his daughter
Quest completed, yumm3h.

Easy eh?

I know this was never a hard quest but I figured so many people ask about prison I should make it ; )

Written by VampireSmurf

The Trial/Confessions

Guide to completing the "Trial" and "Confession" quests

The quest for the "Trial" starts in Mithria City. While walking around the city square you'll come acorss a trail of blood. This will then lead to a conversation with a guard accusing you of murder. Once the conversation is over, You'll be locked up in jail with a defense attorney there with you. Talk to him to get the trial process started.

This part of the quest has 2 outcomes: (1) you are found guilty and forced to fight for your freedom or (2) given 48 hrs to get a confession to prove your innocense. (To get this option I simply denied, denied, denied and denied some more and then choosing the response "Why isn't the guard present for the trial" or something to that extent.)

Rewards for option (1); +20 hp, 2000 xp, and some gold (I think)
Option (2); the quest to get a confession within 48 hrs

For the quest "Confession" you need to get a written confession from the Guard who committed the murder, at the end of the trial you are given a hint to talk to Tila (I believe that's the name) the streetwalker as she is a witness to the crime.

Head back to the crime scene and talk to Tila, ask about the murder and get her to confess the truth about the murder. She will tell you that it was infact Bolnar (the Guard) who killed the person and where you can find him. (NW of Mithria City Center, start in the center and head west past the gates and to the first dirt road intersection, head North on the dirt path and it will lead to Bolnar's house.) She will also mention that Bolnar is part of a cult and the real culprit is the cult themselves.

You'll need to talk with the cult leader who resides right behind the lockpick shop (Directly East of the key symbol on the map on the other side of that same building.) Ask him about the murder and he will go on to say how messed up and sloppy Bolnar has become.

You will need to accept his offer to join the cult in order to finish the quest.

Once you accept the cult leaders offer, take the enchanted fur to Bolnar and give it to him using "This is a gift to you from the cult leader" (something to that extent.)

You will have 2 more options from here.

Option (1) Have Bolnar give you a written confession to bring back to the judge to complete the quest "Confession" (You are automatically taken to the judge to hand over the confession I think.) and failing the quest "Join the Cult"

Option (2) Have Bolnar give you the flask of blood for the "Join the Cult" quest. (I have no idea if you fail the confession quest or not going this route, will have to revert back to a save to find out and update this section.)

I did option (1) but was late on handing in the confession so I still had to fight the champion. (See rewards for being found guilty)

Written by staticfury

Elixir Of Youth

Walk the pits of fire and bring the Elixir of Youth to the Gatekeeper in the Dark Castle.

Difficulty: Easy
Length: Very Short
Possible Paths: 1
Recomended Level: 14+

Start the quest here

To start this quest you must be at least level 14 as the ghoul who takes you to the wasteland won't let you travel unless you are this level, and won't even appear if you are level 13 or lower.

Step 1 - Long lost relative)

Enter the 'Dark Castle' and talk to 'The Gatekeeper' in her room, she will tell you she is your cousin. Here you have many convosation options and things to read as 'The Gatekeeper' plays a large part in the final quests of the game. To start this quest you should select the "The One" convosation option and then "About this favour". She will tell you that she wants you to get her the 'Elixer of Youth' otherwise she will 'become an old hag'. Agree to help her and you will be given the quest. You have 12 hours to complete this quest. If you take longer you will fail the quest.

Step 2 - This is the pits)

Note - I recomend you have some healing potions or restore mana potions as you take a total of 120 damage in this part of the quest.

You'll need to go a doorway on the eastern side in the main room of the castle which leads to a walkway with three pits. There is no way to avoid these pits, you have to fall into all of them to get to the potion. Each time you step into a pit you will lose 40HP, and also you will be poisoned as you exit. After climbing out of the last pit, you will see a shelf on the wall and a switch. Be sure to take the Elixer from the shelf before you press the switch. When you have the Elixer, press the switch which will trasport you back to the main room in the castle.

Step 3 - Finishing up)

Talk again to 'The Gatekeeper' and select "About this favour" again. She will thank you and reward you. Quest complete!

Reward:
Hitpoints increased by 30
Potion of Permanant Dexterity
Potion of Permanant Endurance
Potion of Permanent Strength
Potion of Full Healing X3

Written by JoeTheQuestFansite

Gatekeeper's Quest: A guide

Recommended level: 16-19 (I was level 17) you may be able to do it at a lower level.

Needed: An item of rope, A Scroll of Strong Disarm (or a high disarm level),A Scroll of Strong Unlock (or a high lockpick level).

Monsters: Hell Skeletons (3), Undead Minions (7) (I think that is what they are
called) Dragons (7), Undead king (1), Dragon King (1) HellSoul (1)

Things that suck about this quest: You cannot rest anywhere except in Dark Castle, I recommend using a wand of Cure Serious Wounds!

Assuming you have already found "The Sailor" and traveled to the Cursed Island (Or what ever it is called) after disembarking from the boat walk straight forward until you find a sign from there travel east until (AKA: Just keep going straight) until you find a large building called Dark Castle. Enter Dark Castle, talk to the man standing to your left, ask him about "The Returning" he will tell you to go ask The Gatekeeper you may find her at the door directly opposite the door you came in.
Talk to her and ask her about the The Returning, you will be given a quest called "Gatekeeper's Quest". Now exit Dark Castle and find your way back to the sign you saw when you came in. From the sign go west for about four paces then walk north till you find a large stone building with a teleporter in the middle, simply enter the teleporter in the middle of the building. There are four doors in leading of the main chamber, One is leading to "The Undead Domain" it will have a green force around it, another one is tall/large and will open when tapped, then one leading to the Dragon Kingdom (you will need a scroll of strong disarm, or a high disarm level), lastly there is one with a hole in front of it (you need a rope to cross the hole, then you may enter the door by tapping it!). I am a little hazy in which direction the doors are. First enter the largest/tallest door collect items in the cubbys (If you want). There should be a statue holding a key a the far end of the room, take the key. Go back to the center area, now there is a passageway that has a hole in it walk over to it, and it will ask you "Do you want to use rope" choose: Yes. Walk forward further and there will be a doorway made of bone click it, it will open automatically. Behind it are three Hell Skeletons, destroy them. Walk forward and there will be a lever click it (The Force field around the door leading to the Undead Domain will have dissolved). Now regress back to the main chamber, enter the door leading to the Undead Domain.
Inside you will find (4) Undead Minions. You may battle them outright (which is hard, getting gangbanged by three of them isn't fun. My strategy was to lead them (The undead minions) back to the door I entered the Undead Kingdom (it is a bit tricky to get them to follow), From there I would pop back and forth using healing potions and whatever other healing instruments you have to heal when you are in the main chamber. It went some what as follows attack-attack-heal-attack-attack-heal repeat until all are gone, you should get two or more attacks for every time you heal.
After defeating the first four minions journy straight forward from the door you entered the Undead Domain from. You will find (1) Undead King (3) Undead Minions, talk to the king whatever you say you will end of fighting him so don't worry about it. How I killed the Undead King: same strategy, I led him away from his minions and defeated him rather easily, then go and kill the rest of the minions. Regress to the main chamber using the door you came in. Now go the door to the Dragons Kingdom use your strong disarm scroll, then use your "Dragon Key" to open the door.
Walk forward to the Dragon King talk to him. Now you must say "I will be your master" (Or something along the lines of that, just choose the middle option.) You will fight him alone none of his guards will attack, just be sure not to attack them. Once you destroy him, you will become the new king of the Dragons.
You do not need to kill all the dragons just leave them be, they wont attack you. Now for the last monster you have to kill, in the Dragons Kingdom to the right of the blood fountain you see when you come in there is a doorway, open it with a scroll of strong unlock. Kill the Hellsoul (or whatever it is called inside). Make your way back to the main chamber, step on the teleporter. Go to Dark Castle, talk to the Gatekeeper, she will give you two options.

You choose.

Close the gate, be a hero.
Do not close the gate, rule the world.

Hint: You get a house if your a hero. ;)

Happy questing, this is my first guide don't be to harsh! ;)

Written by VampireSmurf

A Monk's Guide to Killing the Dragon King and His Minions

The Island and the Gate
Toward the end of The Quest base game, you will travel to the northeastern island to choose your destiny: open or close the gate. If you choose to close the gate (the good ending to the game), you must destroy the evil army through the portal in the other dimension (The portal is located in the northernmost part of the island). In this dungeon, you must battle a room full of dragons and their king. Here is a strategy on how to do just that.

The Dragon King
First, you must talk to the Dragon King. From the text, choose the option that says you do not wish to kill them all, but rather talk it out. The King will then openly mock you and summon his minions to throw you in their prison.

The Prison Cell
Once you are in the prison, look around the walls and find a switch. The switch will look like a small brown square on the wall similar to the one in the Matras crypt. Click on the switch and it will open up a path. There will be a second switch at the end of the path. You have now escaped the prison.

The Attack: Items
For the attack you will want some of the following: Magic spells of lightning, healing and mana potions, a good bow, many arrows (I used holy arrows), and a good melee weapon (enchanting your melee weapon or some master arrows to kill dragon spawns will give you an atvantage).

Starting the Kill
Now, stand in the prison tunnel and use a ranged attack to attack the closest dragon in sight. Stay in the tunnel as you proceed to kill all the dragons. Staying in the tunnel will allow you to attack and kill all the dragons while only being attacked from one direction by a maximum of two dragons at a time. Compare this to being stuck out in the open surrounded by all of them. Good luck, adventurer.

Written by Monk_777

A Guide to Killing The Dragons

Are you stuck and getting pwned by the Dragons? Look no further...

First of all, I would like to say this guide is for the main base game near the ending, and this guide uses magic.

I have seen people post at lvl 16 they kept on getting killed by the Dragons, what they should do, and stuff like that. I just want to say here and now melee is not a good way, in my opinion, to kill the Dragons. Its all about mage. I destroyed the Dragon Army at lvl 13 without losing one hp and those things were kind of tough. Ok, its really simple and what you need is:

-A great lightning storm staff (Or 2 if you want to annihalate these guys)
-10+ full mana restore potion (I had 300 :P)
-A wand of strong resistance
-Some armour and a nice shield

Reccomended:
-Stone Skin spell or Stone Skin Wand

The Strategy:

Ok so all you need to do is talk to the Dragon King. Say anything you want, he will attack you so it is reccomended you save before you talk to him. What I did was attack the dragons first, though. When you walk in maybe 3 or 4 steps, theres dragons to ur left and right. Before you attack one of them, MAKE SURE TO USE ONE CHARGE OF STRONG RESISTANCE, and a stone skin if you have it. They hit pretty hard when you have no defense against their fire. They all go for you once you attack one of them, and thats good. So your completely protected and theres 4 dragons blocking ur path from each side. What do you do? Zap em all with ur great lightning storm wand. It lasts 8 charges, and you cant recharge it during combat, so you MUST have 10 or 15 full mana restores, to cast Lightning Storm/Bolt from ur spellbook. Since wands dont take up any mana, if you mess up with ur wands and overdo its effects, you can easily heal yourself with all that mana you should have filled up before you attacked them. They also will melee you, so it is strongly advised you have stone skin spell.

Warning:
If you follow this guide, you will completely annihalate the Dragons so good that you will get disapointed in the game for its lack of challenge :)

Remember to have fun with The Quest and make sure to buy Islands of Fire and Ice, its better then the 1st one!

Written by gonzopoly
Sylon / Redshift

Re: The Quest Guides Part 7: Level 13-15 Quests

Postby Bellbane » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:54 am

To get out of jail for Rubor quest, look for a button on wall near spikes which opens a passage to a teleporter.
Bellbane

Postby BlackAngel » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:47 am

Note, you can not complete the Rubor quest after completing the main quest, at least if you closed the gateway. All of your crimes will be pardoned on the spot, and you can't get into the prison in Mithria.
BlackAngel

Postby Ponsau » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:56 pm

On the trial/ confession quest, if you go to bolnar and get the vial of blood instead of the confession, you can go back to the cult leader. The only thing you will get at that point is a decrease in fame. Then you will immediately be transported to your cell with the judge. The judge will say you failed to get a confession and are guilty, sentence to death by battle with the champion. I'm not sure if there are more cult of blood quests afterwards as I reloaded and got the confession. With the confession you get your gold back, increase in HP by 20, and increase in fame
Ponsau

Return to Guides