The Quest Guides Part 8: Tips and Tricks

Guides and walkthroughs.

The Quest Guides Part 8: Tips and Tricks

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun May 06, 2012 12:49 am

A collection of lost guides from Playhaven, focusing on gameplay hints, tips and tricks.

A little glitch to help you get to Mithria

For this, all you need is to be able to town teleport.

When you cross the wall from Varstares to Phryn, head north east towards the goblin slavers. From there, the town teleport will take you to Mithria. There you go.

This also works from Silver Peaks

Written by tiktax346

Andy's Trick To Killing High Level Characters Easily

My First Guide -

First off, you need either a weapon that has been enchanted so that it poisons opponents or a spell such as poison touch or poison cloud.

You require an area of four spaces to maneuver in. You simply need to either use your poisoned weapon or cast a poison spell on your opponent and move around in your four spaces as their health dwindles down. Make sure they are actually poisoned by checking to see if a green splash appears on their character model as you move. Just keep avoiding them until their health reaches about one HP left (poison won't outright kill them; you need to deliver the final blow).

As a quick side note, if you are lacking poison equipment, a quick getaway strategy is to commit a crime (failing at pickpocketing, stabbing a guard or civilian, etc.), and purposely get caught. You'll be thrown in the local prison where you can either break out of there or wait out your sentence. The enemies will presumably be gone, but in my experience, they've come back in two or three days max, so make sure you either get out of there or make sure you can deal with them adequately.

Hope this helps everyone!

Written by IndianaKatarn

Deadpans Secrets of The Quest 1: Sylons Amulet

How to get Sylon's Amulet

Some of you may have noticed the "unlock the bones within the trees" riddle in the final Other Dimension map of the game. Here's the solution to that riddle.

On the final island south of the Dark Castle is an area called Black Bay, close to the shore & at the boundry between the Black Bay & Dark Castle squares is a pile of skulls within a circle of trees.

Cast unlock on the pile of skulls at the northern part of this circle & Sylon will appear in the centre of the trees. Talk to him to recive Sylon's Amulet.

Sylon's Amulet:
Fortify Magic +40%
+10 Intelligence

Written by Deadpan

Deadpans Secrets of The Quest 2: The Redshift Hammer, The Caves of Ice & Stewe's Ring

How to get Stewe's Ring

You may have noticed the sign in The Caves of Ice which says "Cave of Secrets and Revealing Cracks", here's the guide to its meaning.

You need to have defeated the beast & have the Redshift Hammer to get the ring.

On the eastern side of the cave map is a cavern with another cavern to the north of it & and enterance to a network of tunnels to the south-west. From the western enterance take four steps forward and one step right (keep faceing forward). There should be a wall with a crack on it in front of you. Hit this wall with the Redshift Hammer to reveal a secret area with gems on the floor.

Once you have done this go to the eastern most part of the cavern to find Stewe. Talk to him to recieve Stewe's Ring & a fame increase.

Stewe's Ring:
+10 AC
+20 Endurance
+20 Magic resistance

Written by Deadpan

How to enchant to high levels

The Basics and The Advantages

In order to enchant to high levels (higher than shops and people in the game an provide) you have to make what is often referred to as an enchant suit. This is basically a lot of items i.e armor,helmet,shield etc that have been enchanted with environment magic. You also need to be able to cast the spell enchant. Making an enchant can be costly but the rewards of being able to enchant to whatever level you need become apparent very quickly. In the long term it can save you money and in the short term it can be used to give you the crucial edge over any enemies in the game. It also means you can enchant items to their full potential.

How To Make an Enchant Suit

Making an enchant suit is a fairly simple process throughout your playing time in the game you will pick up and buy items that have no enchantments but are able to be enchanted. Before you make your enchant suit you will only be able to enchant using shops. So go along to a magic shop (they have the scroll logo on the map) almost all magic shops will enchant for you.

Do not enchant items that you use as your primary (most used) weapon/armour to form your enchant suit

This is because once an item has been enchanted you are unable to remove or modify the enchantment of that item. You are best to enchant items with as close to the enchantment level the shop you are using can provide so you get the most out of the items. Then just enchant your chosen items with environment magic (it comes under the skills section on the enchant screen). If you have any items in your possession that increase mercantile have them equipped as this lowers the enchantment cost.

How To Use An Enchant Suit

There are four different fortify magic potions they are homemade,small,strong and ultimate fortify magic potions

After you have enchanted your first lot of items with environment magic its time to try it out. First equip all the items you have enchanted with environment magic. To boost how much you can enchant drink one of each fortify magic potion you can get as their affects stack. Then try casting the spell enchant.

Hopefully at this stage your enchant level will be higher than what is offered in the shops if not go back to the shop and enchant some other items with environment magic. If it is higher than the shop offer ability congratulations you have made your enchant suit to get your enchant level even higher enchant more items with environment magic yourself as you can make use of more of their full enchant storage e.g. the shops in the main game and the first couple of expansions only enchant up to 750 but you find some items with 1k+ storage. The more your enchant level is the higher your enchant ability will be.

Top Tip

To get the most out of your weapon enchant it with either light or heavy weapon depending on what type it is. This will increase your damage ability with that weapon.The same goes for armor enchant with either light or heavy to get the most protection.

Written by jamie990

How to gain lots of money and receiving the best drops from monsters! ( Sunken Monastery )

Recommend only for good characters for the Sunken Monastery

If you have already done Example: Sunken Monastery and you can kill all the monsters easily, then read.

​Hint: ​ What i'm am doing is to go to Sunken Monastery then get the items from the wall. Then go in the keys rooms. There will be 2-3 monsters first, you kill one when it is almost dead "Save the game" Then kill it and when you see drops like Armor or Weapon pick it up and continue killing the others and repeat it. ( Saving/killing etc.. )

Now you can sell those good weapons/armors later in shops or equip it, this is to get rid of bad drops, except of course you need that wand or need that book/scroll etc.. but good weapons/armor is always great to sell. And continue on all the monsters in Sunken Monastery

I choice for Sunken Monastery because there lots of monsters and have great drops! You will make lots of money around 15-25k. The monsters of abandoned one have of course better drops and the boss in Sunken Monastery even better.

You can repeat this all the time after an week. ( The boss will re spawn too! )
Thats why i choice Sunken Monastery.

Happy Hunting!

Tip: You do this also on all the monsters you kill around the world. ( Saving before killing the monsters to receive good equipment. ) Specially use it on bosses, or hard monsters to kill.

(Sorry, for my bad english i'll hope you understand) - If not, contact: Darwinvdpoll@gmail.com

Written by Darwin

How to get double skill and attribute points- A secret glitch

Part 1- The Goal

Yes, you read correctly! It is possible to get double the skill and attribute points, without getting the required experience points! However, it is tricky, and you can only do this by fighting certian monsters and bosses."How do I acomplish this amazing achievement? Which monsters do I have to face, and how can I get this strategy to work without dying in the process?" These are the logical questions that you are asking with the same intense curiosity and astonishment that you had when first tackling this game.Well your curiosity will not get the better of you this time because these questions are what this focused guide is going to answer!

Part 2- The Glitch

Ok. The first thing you need to understand is that this game usually gives you 5 attribute points and 10 skill points each time you level up. However, what the rulebook doesn't tell you is that you can level up for the SAME level MORE THAN ONCE!!!! The way to do this takes some strategic battling. The first step is to watch out for monsters that use attacks that make you lose your experience points. Note where you find them and MARK where they are with the MARK spell. Then you can use the RECALL spell to come back to that area as soon as you have gained a level. An easy way to get the MARK and RECALL spells is to go to the spell shop (The shop with the scroll on the sign, by the fountain in the center of town)at Matras, and save before going in. If they don't have the spell you are looking for, reload the game and try entering the shop again. These special monsters can make you drop a level when you lose exp, so if you face one of these IMMIDIATELY AFTER YOU LEVEL UP, they can use this attack to drop your level.

The attack they use is ranged, so this strategy will not work if you are in close range combat.

Part 3- The Goodies :)

This attack may drop your level, but if you tackled this monster immidiately after leveling up, this isn't a problem. In fact, I think it's a good thing, in this case, because when you beat the monster you will get experience points for beating it, and thus you will gain back your level. You then will have reached the same level twice, and you will have recieved double attribute and skill points, 10 attribute and 20 skill to be exact! You then can spend those extra points however you choose.

Part 4- The Genus (aka the kind of monster)

Now you are probably wondering what kinds of monsters use this special attack... Well this guide will tell you! The monsters that look like ghosts are more prone to having this attack as one of their abilities. They will not be the skeleton monsters since they attack with a sword. The monsters that use exp drain will be tough. As for where they are located, I found one while solving the quest to "kill the witch queen". This nasty ghost is protecting the key to the queen's chamber and can easily give you the glitch described in this guide, but you have to be ready for him. You have to have leveled up right before you go into the purple teleport and do not beat the skeleton enemy first! You have to get the ghost to use that attack on you, before beating the skeleton. Then you can trounce him, and have the ghost use the attack again, dropping your level a second time. Then you can dispose of the ghost and you will have mastered this glitch. I suggest marking that area because finding it again will be difficult once the monsters respawn.

Written by Aria

How to get what you need from a shop

If you need a specific weapon, piece of armor, or magic scroll, it is quite frustrating to open the shop interface only to discover that it is out of stock. Fortunately, there is a way to get shops to reset their inventories without wasting large amounts of food or money resting.

(If you have already visited your target shop the day you attempt this strategy, rest at an inn or camp until it is a new day)

Step 1: Stand outside the door of the shop, WITHOUT stepping inside.

Step 2: Save your game.

Step 3: Enter the shop.

Step 4: If the item you are looking for is in stock, congratulations! You are done.

Step 5: Reload the game you saved in step 2, and return to step 3.

HOT TIP: The magic shop in Matras sometimes stocks spellbooks of Mark, Recall, and Enchant. Many people ask how to get these spells, and the answer is right here in this guide.

Written by Sine_Nomine

How to increase your damage with a throwing weapon like a dagger

As the title says this is how to increase your damage with throwing knives. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not but this is if you have a high dual wield skill. What you need: any type of Dagger, an off hand weapon (Child of Light, Butter Knife, Dirk, any weapon that can be held in your left hand). When you wield your secondary and the dagger it's like the secondary and the dagger are one. Any damage you get from your secondary will be added to your throwing knife kills. So instead of hitting 1-10 you can hit (if your in HOLlll) about 6000-7000 depending how powerful your secondary is.

Written by Chi_and_Nate

How To Save Your Save Files to PC (By Elendil of Redshift)

Greetings Quest Fans,

We are pleased to announce that with the new update (version 8.2), we have enabled File Sharing in The Quest / The Quest Gold / The Quest Lite (and all expansions)! With this you can now freely copy your save files from/to the game using iTunes. What you need: - version 8.2 of The Quest (or Gold or any expansion) - iOS 4 or an iPad (with iOS 3.2) - iTunes 9.1 (version 9.2 is the latest)

If all the requirements are satisfied, just plug in and select your device in iTunes, go to the Apps tab and then to the File Sharing section. If you select a Quest app on the left, you can now save ("Save to...") or restore ("Add...") your save files. The Quest save files are called "TheQuestSaveX.pdb", where X can be any number from 0 to 20. Number 0 is the autosave, the rest are the regular saves. (Please ignore all other files. They are used by Playhaven or Crystal.)

Written by Elendil of Redshift

Nikademus' XP Required To Achieve Levels 2-30 Guide

XP required to achieve levels 2-30

This chart was researched and compiled by our resident number crunching expert Nikademus. I am only posting it due to his having complications uploading guides via the iphone. Enjoy!

2 400 xp
3 900 xp
4 1,500 xp
5 2,500 xp
6 4,000 xp
7 7,000 xp
8 11,000 xp
9 17,000 xp
10 25,000 xp
11 40,000 xp
12 60,000 xp
13 90,000 xp
14 130,000 xp
15 180,000 xp
16 240,000 xp
17 320,000 xp
18 420,000 xp
19 570,000 xp
20 730,000 xp
21 920,000 xp
22 1,150,000 xp
23 1,410,000 xp
24 1,700,000 xp
25 2,020,000 xp
26 2,370,000 xp
27 2,750,000 xp
28 3,170,000 xp
29 3,630,000 xp
30 4,130,000 xp

Written by NuMystic

Quick Guide to become over powered!

1. Mithria dash! (expansions enabled hol1-4) + dont level up

when you start out use purchasing trick to get mark and recall from magic store. dash to vastares while avoiding combat.
mark the entrance of the cities and the lure the enemies far away...recall the same spot to have safe access to the city
Get Town portal from the store
Use the northern part of the wall and get to the third squre east of the wall.Use town portal to get to Mithria!
(this part will take some time. mark the spot at the wall and lure monsters south then recall back)

2. Expansion enabled

Have at least hol 1234 enabled.
Mark a spot in mithria(next to the captin in the harbour)
Play cards untill you have $700+
travel to hol4 deathless and in the underdeck buy Ancient Arrows for 500 and sell them for 3k+ repeat untill you have a lot of money(credit goes to AustinPlaya) and follow a guide by bladestalker to get merchantile gear.

3. Alchemy and ingredients

Get you alchemy skill to level 80 using enchanted gears.
Buy ingerdients with Fortify Dextery (at least 2) and Fortify Strength
create Permanent Gush
Drink Permanent Gush(Every time you level up)

4. Start leveling up but SAVE you SKILL points!!!!

Level up and drink your perm gush potions to get permanent boost in Str Dex and End
Do not use your skill points yet! save them.

However, You can use your attribute points and add them to 50.
The trainers in hol4 ship and mall should be able to train your
With the money trick you should be able to get trainings up to the max 100
After you have all your skills trainned to the max 100, you can use you skill points you have saved up all along!!! You should have a decent amount to spend given you have higher attribute points to allow for the x2 of your attributes I recommend adding points to Dex and intelligence since they cover the most skills.

5. Yeah! now you are super overpowered!

Start to have no fun in the combat aspect of the game,
Complete all quests, wait for new expansions
start new game before new expansion comes out...
Rinse when new expansion comes out until redshift stops makine the Quest expansions :)

Written by h2345ey

The Importance of forsight

THIS IS SIMPLE

The thing about the quest is that you cannot spend points to further your levels past 100. That is, unless you read a book. What I did, is wait until all my levels were 100 until I read any books from any expansion. You thus can further all your base level past 100 without enchanted equipment.

Written by tiktax346

what you didnt know

hidden items

i currently only have the lite version so this will be very incomplete

everyone likes money right? well this isnt a money guide... its a guide on the items that are availible earlier than you thought and where to find them plus a little section on how to get what you need without trying over and over again. everyone knows that early on in the game you start out at matras and the best armor you will probably get is scale mail, low quality pants, armored boots,etc. i will admit this is WRONG!!! you can get uber things early on an example is my rasvium i have 210k, gold plate mail, gold legs, mystic dragon blade, wand of enchant lv60, ancient shield, well you get the picture so anyway i will tell you what you diddnt know and what you should do with it this guide will be sectioned for different dungeons, storehouses, and monsters that i feel can give you the awesome items that you find in a store in mithria for 6k when you could get it then free. alright here we go

Dungeons

Dungeon of Blood

thats right dungeon of blood you never know what you can find here and i dont think that i dont know everything about this place. here is a list of items i have found there so far: steel blade, wand of enchant, wand of lightning storm lv60, mystic dragon blade, ancient shield(yes i got most of my armor here), golden feather boots,etc. now where do you find these? in the item holders in the storeroom! now you may be wondering what the chances are of coming across these items well very slim but i have a method that will tell you how to get them without too much trouble that later. right now i will tell you what you should do. first off if you have lite or just starting out this will be your cash farm. why? because you can sell the items to the blacksmith, magician, and tailor in matras(note:if you ever get wand of enchant do not sell! you can maake way more money from it by not selling it)now you are probably wondering what item holders contain the best loot well i have the place figured out. in the storeroom there are 5 places for items 2 near the door 2 in the middle and 1 in front of the carpet the one infront of the carpet is where you get them. the 2 in between the ones near the door and the 1 with the big money items is the medium items spot it will have items such as cheap katana, morning star, and oter items that you can buy for high prices at the shops in matras. now there are two other money spots in the place but one will be in another guide on the other side of the dungeon go to the door leading to the cyclops and turn right continue that way until you come to a door with 3 levers pull both the levers on the left side this will open the door releasing a highwayman and outlaw kill them then go into the room they were in and look in the pots and item holders the items there are medium plus a spellbook of disarm and a mana recharger use both. some items i have gotten on my files besides my rasvium(i will be using my rasvium for the guide) great warbow, topaz ring(give +20 accuracy), holy helmet, heavy blade, spellbook of fireball, and money varying from 5k to 20k

monsters

cyclops

believe it or not these idiotic pieces of crap are useful for more than xp they drop just about anything from the dungeon of blood and then some. HOWEVER!!! they also have crappy drops as well like spellbook of feather which you already know if you chose environmental(someone correct spelling) magic but they can givegood drops that arer very useful later on like i once got a ruby and other gems they also drop full plate mail and warbows and great warbows.

how to get any item from a dungeon that you can get

everyone knows the concept of choosing your loot from monsters and getting what you want from a store but did you also know that you can do the exact same thing in a dungeon with changing items and recieve the exact same effect this is how i came to discover most of these items and i think that you can get anything from a dungeon that you could get from a store so apply this to your favorite dungeon and watch your cash get bigger(note:once you have taken the items or saved after seeing them you must wait 1 week or 21 rest periods before doing it again) (another note you must either save in front of the entrance to the dungeon or mark a spot in the dungeon and teleport to it after saving for this to work

extra info

i hope what i have put down so far i would be i love and enjoy any posts and if you know of anything i havent covered but made a guide for its location plz tell me so i can put it in. name the location on the map(i.e. city of matras, forest of blood,etc.) the name of the dungeon and where the items are in the dungeon also if any of you want a good idea of all you can get from dungeons that give later game items i will gladly post more items i have found and where i found them i will also post a full list of my armor including weight, AC/Strength/damage, enchantments, where i got it, and its enchantment storage(<--that may b a little harder)so please comment and fell free to ask questions.

Written by Chucky_Norris
Sylon / Redshift

Re: The Quest Guides Part 8: Tips and Tricks

Postby Bellbane » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Perhaps a more convenient occurance of the "genus" monster for the attribute/skill point glitch is the final one in the Sunken Monastery. You may enjoy access to this particular monster much earlier in the game. Surviving it, on the other hand, is a different matter...

Don't forget to "Mark" the location, for later revisits ;)
Bellbane

Postby Drakilian » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Bellbane wrote:Perhaps a more convenient occurance of the "genus" monster for the attribute/skill point glitch is the final one in the Sunken Monastery. You may enjoy access to this particular monster much earlier in the game. Surviving it, on the other hand, is a different matter...

Don't forget to "Mark" the location, for later revisits ;)

There is also the undead mine, first off I have to say that no quest revolve around it and I only stumbled upon it by accident, but this good mine is filled with undeads, ghouls that lessen exp, four portals to te underworld, fantastic loot, and a really powerful reaper-ghost, it's titled abandoned mine and it's close to the dungeon under lake brendan
Drakilian

Postby stbassy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 am

Something inconsistent in the guide here:

Sylon / Redshift wrote:A collection of lost guides from Playhaven, focusing on gameplay hints, tips and tricks.

With the money trick you should be able to get trainings up to the max 100
After you have all your skills trainned to the max 100, you can use you skill points you have saved up all along!!!
Written by h2345ey

The Importance of forsight

THIS IS SIMPLE

The thing about the quest is that you cannot spend points to further your levels past 100. That is, unless you read a book. What I did, is wait until all my levels were 100 until I read any books from any expansion. You thus can further all your base level past 100 without enchanted equipment.

Written by tiktax346

Written by Chucky_Norris

We have one guy saying you can push past 100-skill-level by saving your points from level... and another guy saying you CAN'T spend points to further your skills unless if it was from a book.
... .. so which is it? Can someone who actually tried this please clarify?
stbassy

Postby Bellbane » Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 am

Go ahead and spend the skill points you get when you level up, but save your books. I saved all my skill points from leveling up and now i got a ton of points I can't spend. The play-through was a good challenge though :)
Bellbane

Return to Guides