The Quest Guides Part 9: Official Expansion Pack

Guides and walkthroughs.

The Quest Guides Part 9: Official Expansion Pack

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun May 06, 2012 1:11 am

A collection of lost guides from Playhaven, focusing on the Islands of Ice and Fire expansion pack.

Finding the Idol of Balbus and the Fertility Plant for Dolf and fixing Auntie Rilla’s mirrors

Starting

This was one of the more annoying quests in Ice and Fire. You get it from Dolf the merchant in Eldfell City Center. He wants an Idol of Balbus and a special fertility plant and he thinks they’re in a temple near the Sunken Cemetery area. Head over there (note you need the Sunken Cemetery area, not the Cemetery of Eldfell).

Start location

The Sunken Cemetery area

Be prepared to face Lost Souls and Mutant Dogs if it’s the first time you’ve been to this area. You will note that the plant and idol are conspicuous by their total absence. This is because Dolf was wrong and the items are actually in the Fallen Cemetery which is entered through a hole (marked A on map.) Before entering, check in with Father Gorka in the Temple of Eldfell (marked B on map). Talk to him before you go into the Fallen Cemetery and he’ll give you a nifty Eye of Protection amulet with 30% magic resistance.

Finding the Idol of Balbus and the Fertility Plant

Enter the Fallen Cemetery. There’s no ladder down so you have to fall in to the hole and lose 20 HP. Be prepared to fight two Servants of the Flesh in here. The amulet you just received is a good item to equip . The Harm Undead spell works really well on these creatures and, best of all, doesn’t use up much mana.

Now where are the idol and plant? They are REALLY hard to find and can drive you crazy! You have to walk over the red plants marked on the map below. You can’t see anything different about them (I said this quest was maddening!) so please see my map below. When you walk over them a message will come up on screen that you have found the plant or idol.

I was standing on them when I marked them so I hope this is right!

Fixing Auntie Rilla’s mirrors

To get out you have to first go through the hole (marked X)on the map above. After killing another Servant of Flesh follow the passage straight ahead. You’ll find yourself in an Undead brothel (apparently ghouls have needs too). You can pay for some pleasure with the girls if you like but nothing happens (well to the storyline anyway <g>) and Wild Orchid drains you of 2 Hp as she’s feeling peckish. If you go and see the Madame, Auntie Rilla, she will ask you to fix her mirrors which have been occupied by some evil enchantresses. This bit is pretty simple. Touch the mirror. A Mistress Initaiate will appear beside you. Kill her. Repeat with other mirror. The madame will reward you with a firebird feather (which can be handy if you’re doing the five firebird feathers quest for the Eldfell tailor) and some studded leather armor. Make sure you pick up the Book of Dominion (Environment Magic +6) while you’re here.

Getting out

Right let’s leave this hell hole as damp air is bad for the lungs. You need to find a hidden teleport (in the area marked X on the map). Head into this passage and touch the brown brick on the wall. The teleport will appear. When you leave head back to Eldfell City Center to collect the reward from Dolf. I advise doing this before you mix any alchemy potions as you can use the fertility plant accidentally and if you do, it’s impossible to get it again and you fail the quest.

Touch the brown brick where the X is

Reward

Dolf rewards you with 2500 XP and 2000 gold.

Written by snoozysue

Arrange for the Burial of the Thief's Corpse

To do this quest you must have access to Eldfell's city center also I recommend being at least level 14/15.
To start you must talk to Valcherim the Blacksmith in the city center. Talk to him and say "any problem". He will then ask you to go to his wifes crypt in the cemetery and kill a demon haunting her grave.

The cemetery is on the western peninsula of Eldfell island.

Assuming you are standing right at the entrance of the cemetery you will have to take 7 steps west then turn north and walk until you see a set of stairs walk down them.
You will see the ghost standing near a pillar talk to him.

Make sure not to attack the ghost.

When you talk to him, help him DO NOT say you'll attack him or it won't work.
You have to say you'll help him.
He will then give you the "Arrange for the Burial of the Thief's Corpse" quest.
He will then teleport you to his brothers body you must tap the body and you will find 300 gold in his pockets.
Now you must walk back in the direction of the cemetery until you reach the entrance.
Once your standing outside the entrance to the cemetery take 7 steps north then take 6 steps west then 2 steps north then 2 steps west then walk north until you see a house tap the door and say "about a corpse" he will then tell you he can bury thief's brother (the thief is the demon) and that it will take a few days and he will charge the 300 gold you found in the pockets of the brothers body.

Now you must wait a few days I would recommend resting in 8 hour periods until he tells you he is done.

Now go back to the crypt and talk to the demon he will reward you and leave.
Now go back to Valcherim talk to him and say "any problem" again and he will reward you. You've done it! Yay!

Congratz :)

This guide goes hand in hand with the "Clear the Cemetery on Eldfell" quest. You will get this quest when you talk to the Blacksmith (it requires you clear the demon haunting his wifes tomb).

Written by QuestLover

Convince the Mayor of Eldfell

This quest does not require that you leave the Eldfell City Center. So it doesn't really matter what level you are.
To start off talk to Hartwin the owner of the orphanage and say "You look upset" he will then give you the "Convince the Mayor of Eldfell" quest.
If you can't find Hartwin or the Mayor follow these instructions.

Assuming you are standing by the southern entrance to the city center you must now walk north until you reach then take 2 steps west then walk forward 6 steps then take 1 step east then walk forward until you are standing by a bush. Now follow the path west, when you reach the intersection keep going north on the path 6 steps more, then turn north and you will see a door. This leads to Hartwin's orphanage.

Now to find the Mayor's house from Hartwin's door, take 1 step south then follow the path west until you reach the intersection now take 3 steps west then take 3 steps south turn west and your facing the Mayor's house!

I made such specific instructions for this because it took me a long time to find the Mayor's house, hope it helps!

When you talk to the Mayor say "about the festival" and he may say he will let the festival continue. If he doesn't you need a higher persuade level.
I had level 44 persuade and it didn't work, too solve this I enchanted some leggings for 15 persuade and it then worked, so I would get your persuade up somewhere around
Now that you've persuaded the Mayor to continue with the festival, go back to Hartwin
and say "you look upset" again, and he will reward you! You've done it!

Written by QuestLover

Find the Counterfeiter

To do this quest you must have access to Eldfell City Center (you won't be leaving the City Center so your level doesn't really matter).
To start this quest talk to Alf the Innkeeper in the City Center and say "You look upset" and he will give you the "Find the Counterfeiter" quest.
You will find Alf's Inn in the south east corner of the City Center.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to talk to Lennora but just in case follow these instructions.
He should have told you to talk to Lennora.
To find her follow these instructions:
assuming you are standing right outside the doorway to Alf's Inn take 1 step north then 4 steps west then 2 steps north then 1 step east now turn north and follow the path your facing (it will lead you to Lennora's door). When you reach a split in the path go south.

Instructions:

When you talk to her say "About the fake" and she will say she knows nothing.
Now you have to talk to the guy who used the fake coin (sorry I don't know his name).
To find him follow these instructions:
Assuming you are standing right outside Alf's Inn take 1 step south then 4 steps west then 2 steps south then turn east and your facing his door.

Talk to him and say "about coins" or something like that (sorry I'm not sure).
he will either confess or if not you need a higher persuade.
Now I had a Persuade level of 63 and it worked I'm not totally sure the exact level you will need (my bad).
Now when you talk to him you can't give into his pleas (unless you really want to help him, although I'm not sure this is advisable).
Now once you've gotten a confession, go back to Alf and and say "You look upset"
again, and he will reward you and now you've done it yay! (You can also go talk to Lennora again for another nice reward of food).

Congratz!

Please tell me if you notice anything misleading in this guide as I'm not completely familiar with this quest.

Written by QuestLover

Fire & Ice Quest Walkthroughs

This guide is unfinished. I will finish it when I have time.

Paralyze Dolf

Description
Give Dolf the Merchant a paralyze potion for the Governor in Eldfell Castle and tell him its fine wine Galiena, the Governor's wife.

Help
You get this quest from Governor Volney in the Castle of Eldfell. To enter the castle of Eldfell you need to talk to the innkeeper in Eldfell - City Center. After talking to Governor Volney, leave the Castle of Eldfell and go to Dolf. He is marked on the map by coins the same way the innkeeper is marked by a beer mug. Talk to him and give him the paralyze potion. Then return to Governor Volney for your reward.

Innkeeper's brother

Description
Bring word to the innkeeper on Eldfell that his brother on Thule is safe.

Help
To get this quest you need to talk to the innkeeper in Eldfell - City Center. After receiving the quest you need to go to Thule. To get to Thule first talk to Governor Volney in th Castle of Eldfell and get the quest: Find out the situation on Thule. You will receive a gate key. Then go to the Field of Lava which is North of the Outlands of Eldfell. Slightly North-West of the center of the Field of Lava is a hollow tree. It is guarded by a level 20 fire dragon. Enter the tree. Inside is a portal. Step into the portal. There will be a door right in front of you. Behind that door is another portal and a level 25 snow dragon. Kill the dragon and go through the door, shutting it behind you. Go into the portal. Continue onwards and you will reach a hole. Go through that hole. You are now on Thule, in The Port of Thule. Around Thule there are lots of level 18 flesh eaters. Go West to the Village of Thule. Go to the inn (There is a sign on the map). One step West of the inn's door is a letter and a ring. These are the innkeeper's brother's. Pick them up and return to the innkeeper in Eldfell - City Center.

Hypnotise the jeweler

Description
Hypnotize Eldfell's Jeweler and find out whether her husband's spirit has been inhabiting her body at night.

Help
You get this quest from the Jeweler in Eldfell - City Center. At night go round to the back of the Jeweler's shop and enter through the back door. To hypnotize her you need at least level 35 mind magic. Talk to her and hypnotize her. her husband Cadarn appears. Talk to him, then to the Jeweler again.

Find Five King Firebird feathers

Description
Within one week, find at least five firebird feathers for the tailor Conrad in the Northeast of the City Center of Eldfell.

Help
You get this quest from the tailor in Eldfell - City Center. To get firebird feathers you have to kill firebirds. You find firebairds in Eldfell usually around the Fields of Lava and Lava Lake. When you have five give them to the tailor.

Bring Eckinish to Dagma

Description
Bring the farmer's wife, Dagma, at Lava Lake, some Eckinish plants from the abbey of Thule to cure her lung sickness.

Help
Go to the Abbey Gardens, West of the Abbey of Thule and talk to Brother Joram. He will give you the Eckinish plants. Return to Dagma at Lava Lake.

Convince the Mayor of Eldfell

Description
Convince the mayor of Eldfell not to call off the Big Festival this year. Report your success to Hartwin in the North part of the City Center

Help
You get this quest from Hartwin, in the very North part of Eldfell - City Center. Then go to the mayor of Eldfell, he is West of the Castle of Eldfell and South of the blacksmith. Talk to him. To persuade him not to call off the big festival you need at least 45 persuade. Go back to Hartwin afterwards

Clear the cemetery on Eldfell

Description
Clear the cemetery and crypt of Eldfell of pranksters or ghosts for blacksmith Valcherim in Eldfell's City Center

Help
You get this quest from the blacksmith in Eldfell - City Center. Go to the cemetery of Eldfell which is North West of Eldfell - City Center. The ghosts are level 15.

Written by azaz

Abbey Murder/Sword of God/End of Game

This is a bare-bones walkthrough of the Abbey Murder/Sword of God/End of Game quests from the Ice and Fire expansion

Once you reach Thule Abbey, you should talk to everyone in and around the Abbey (1st floor, basement, Abott’s room, cemetery, garden) and also inspect Brother’s Joffey’s room. The minimum sequence to identify the poison is: Talk to the Abbot, find the goblet on the shelf in Brother Joffey's room, Talk to Brother Joram, Talk to Brother Stannis (you may be able to skip this one), Talk to Brother Denis, Talk to Brother Alvaro, Talk to Desta (you may be able to skip this one too)

Once you have identified the poison in the goblet:

1. Talk to Sister Pamfiela (make sure you have a relatively high persuade skill [46 or higher?] to trigger the conversation path that identifies Brother Benedetto)
2. Talk to Brother Benedetto
3. Find Joffrey’s journal behind the green painting in his room
4. Talk to the Abbot
5. Find the Abbot’s journal in secret library (and the scorpion flail for a different quest)
6. Talk to Daku
7. Talk to Shusanna
8. Talk to Hartwin at the Home for Unwanted Children (Eldfell)
9. Talk to Father Valar at the church in Shacktown (Eldfell)
10. Talk to the Abbot (get cult key)
11. Talk to the cult leader
12. Kill the fire gargoyles
13. Talk to the cult leader
14. Talk to the Governor
15. Talk to the Beast (in the Abbot’s room), get turned into a flesh eater
16. Talk to Solfecht
17. Talk to Brother Alvaro/get cure flesh eater potions (and use one)
18. Talk to Brother Alvaro again regarding the Abbot’s whereabouts
19. Talk to the Abbot (in the cemetery crypt), get crypt key
20. Get the sword of god behind a wall outside of the Beast’s room (break the wall with a weapon)
21. Kill the Beast (you also get the Redshift hammer in the Beast’s room)
22. Talk to the Abbot (get the Maul of Healing [to fix the bridge] and Abbey keys)
23. Talk to Brother Joram (finishes the Sword of God Quest, finishes the Murder Quest)

To finish the game:

24. Talk to the Governor (and be prepared to kill a bunch of dragons)
25. Fix the Bridge (from the Thule side, just walk to the end of the bridge)
26. Talk to Mersant Orasare in the Port of Eldfell

Written by Jethro

Innkeeper's Brother

To do this quest you must have access to the Eldfell City Center and the island of Thule. I also recommend being at least level 15 before doing this quest (I was level 16).

You will be fighting:

Many Flesh Eaters: these are level 18 creatures with 310 Hp and they don't use magic.
A Snow Dragon: these are level 25 creatures with 1000 Hp and they use magic.
And you may run into Mutated Dogs on the way to the portal (they are about as strong as Flesh Eaters and they don't use magic).

To start this quest you must talk to Alf the Innkeeper in Eldfell City Center.
When you talk to him say "About the sickness" or "You look upset" I'm not sure which one. He will then give you the "Innkeeper's Brother" quest.
Now to get to Thule you will have to get the "Find out the Situation" quest from Governor Volney.
When you talk to the Governor say "Excellency" and he will give you the "Find out the Situation" quest and the key to the portal.

The Governor lives in the Castle of Eldfell on the north side of town.
His room is straight north from the entrance.
This is not a guide for "Find out the Situation" only for "Innkeepers Brother" quest.

Directions:

Assuming you are standing right in the in the northern exit of Eldfell City Center you must now walk north until you run into a sign.
Now follow the path west (the path will become less noticable after a few steps when this happens keep following the path).
Follow the path until you run into a fountin of lava then take 1 step east now take 16 steps north then 1 step east then 4 steps north then 1 step east turn west and your facing the portal (it will look like a tree trunk).
Now walk into the tree trunk and follow the passage and go into the portal.
When you come out of the portal you will be facing a door open the door and you will be faced with a Snow Dragon.
Once you've killed the dragon walk forward and close the door behind you (you have to close the door for the portal to open).
When you get out of the portal you will be in an icy hall follow the passage and step through the hole.
You will come out in Thule!

When you walk out of the trunk start walking west (watch out for Flesh Eaters) and you will end up on a trail follow the trail until you walk onto the paved ground.
Once you step onto the pavement walk west until you get onto a dirt trail, follow the trail 5 steps turn east and you are facing Alf's brother's Inn.
You should have found a ring and a scroll on the ground near his Inn.

Now once you've gotten the ring and scroll, go back to Alf the Innkeeper and say "About the Sickness" or "You look upset" (sorry I still don't remember).
Now you've done it Yay!

Written by QuestLover

Guide to the Abbey of Thule Murder Mystery, Finding the Scorpion Flail, the Sword of God and the Beast

You'll need to find your way to the Abbey of Thule to the southwest of the Village of Thule.

Once you reach Thule Abbey, you will need to go to the small wooden door to the right of the large gates. The guard there will give you the key to the large gates.

Find and talk to the Abbot and talk to him. You'll learn about brother Joffrey being murdered. You need to ask about checking out brother Joffrey's room for clues.

Brother Joffrey's room is along the outer corridor of the Abbey on the west side. (There's a slight blood stain on the floor in front of the door) Go inside and find the goblet on the shelf. Take it to Brother Joram in the garden outside of the Abbey. Brother Joram will tell you there is hemlock poison inside the goblet.
Find and talk to Sister Pamfila (You'll need 48+ persuade) to find your next clue - Brother Benedetto.Sister Pamfila can be found in the green colored building in the middle area of the Abbey.
Find and talk to Brother Benedetto (The brother out by the cemetery of Thule) He will tell you to make sure you've checked brother Joffrey's room good enough for clues.
Go to brother Joffrey's room and you'll find his journal behind the green painting. (It's to the left of the shelf where you found the poisoned goblet)
Read the journal.
Talk to the Abbot about what was written in brother Joffrey's journal. The Abbot will tell you that he's going to his secret library. Tap the east wall in the Abbot's room until it opens to his secret library. Tap all of the ladders that you see until you find the Abbot’s journal.
Read the journal.

You'll find the Scorpion Flail for brother Jago on a shelf here.

Find the boy Daku walking around inside the northeast corridor surrounding the Abbey. (Not the boy Celso in the center of the Abbey) Talk to him about doing the errand for the Abbot.
Go to the Ankle of Thule area and find Shusanna's house. (South of the garden and west of the cemetery) Talk to Shusanna. She will tell you about her child that was brought to the Home of Unwanted Children. It's the northern part of Eldfell City. (The door on the west side just before you exit the city) Talk to Hartwin.

After talking to Hartwin, you need to find and talk to Father Valar at the Church of the Poor in Shacktown. (East of Eldfell City). Valar will give you Hartwin's journal.
Read the journal.
Go back to the Abbey of Thule and talk to the Abbot again. He will give you the key for the Cult door. (In the basement of the Abbey) Talk to the cult leader about the Beast.
Go to the governor of Eldfell and talk to him about the Beast. Go back to the Abbot's room. You'll find Boad the Beast there. Talk to him. He will infect you with flesh eater's disease. You'll be transported to an area where Solfecht is. Talk to him. Find and talk to Brother Alvaro in the basement of the abbey to get cure flesh eater potion. Talk to him again and ask him about the Abbot's location. He will tell you the Abbot was heading to the cemetery.

Go to the crypt of Thule to find him. Talk to the Abbot about the Beast. An area towards the back of the crypt will now be opened.
You'll need a rope in this area to get across a gap in the floor.
When you reach the door of the Beast's lair, turn to the left and look for a crack in the wall. Hit it and look inside for the Sword of God. Open the gate and kill the Beast.
You'll find the Redshift Hammer here.
Go back and talk to the Abbot. He will give you the keys to the Abbey. Talk to Brother Joram and give him the sword and keys. He will give you The Maul of Healing.
Go to Eldfell and talk to the Governor about the situation on Thule.
Use the Maul of Healing to fix the Bridge. You just need to walk to the end of it from the Village of Thule area. It will fix and the Maul will disappear. Find Gurutz in the Stone Village to complete the quest.

The Redshift Hammer is used in the Caves of Ice to open a wall, and be able to find Stewie in an area nearby.

When you are finished, talk to Mersant Orasare in the Port of Eldfell to finish.

Written by MIchele Laconto

Guide to the Location of Gurutz' House

Here's the location of Gurutz' house in the Village of Thule.
You will find Gurutz located in the center area of the Abbey of Thule. He will send you on a quest to break into his house in the Village of Thule and bring him half of the gold you find and all of the oil you find there.

Gurutz' House

You need to do this at night. Go to the back window and hit it with your weapon.
If you cant break in, you need higher stealth. (I will find out how high it needs to be and add it here)
Return to Gurutz for your reward. If he's no longer in the Abbey of Thule, look in the larger houses in Stone Village.

If you have mercantile of 51+, he will be more generous with his reward.

Written by Michele Laconto

Guide to Exorcising the Witch Nairia

You'll receive this quest from the healer in Home of the Healer area on your map. She will send you to exorcise her sister Nairia in Stone Village.
First, you'll need to talk to Father Gorka at the church in Sunken cemetery. (You'll need Persuade of 51+) He won't give you the 'Book of Exorcism'. Go back at night and hit the windows with your weapon. (You'll need Stealth of 36+)
Go to Stone Village, find and talk to the witch Nairia. (You need the exorcism book and persuade greater than 51+).
Nairia should be healed now. She will give you a ring that you need to give to the healer.

Guide To Finding The Harp And Tuning Key

•The Key - From the sign that says Welcome, Abbey of Thule, walk north 4 paces.

•The Harp - To the left of that sign is dead grass or something.

Just walk over the areas to find the items.

Guide to the Bribe the sea captain Moruu quest

Starting

You can only get this quest after you have completed the Cure Hildemar quest.

Once you have done the above quest you should get a new option when speaking to Hildemar “About leaving.” She will tell you she wants to leave the island but that you will have to bribe a captain for her, since the Governor has closed the port to prevent the flesh eating disease getting to Eldfell. She will give you 3500 gold for the bribe.

Finding Moruu

So where is Moruu? Well he’s a sea captain so the Port of Eldfell is a good place to start. Here’s a map of his position if you don’t want to search the whole area.

If you ask Moruu about Hildemar’s request, he’ll agree to take her to Beraquel as the winds aren’t right for Freymore. He’ll accept 3000 gold so you make a profit of 500.

Reward

Go back to Hildemar and give her the good news. She’ll reward you with another 3000 gold, but your fame will decrease (as bribery is wrong people).

Written by snoozysue

Guide to the Find the Jewelry Shop Thief, Cure Hildemar and other related quests

Starting

Enter Eldfell City Center and go to the Jewelry Shop. If you ask Elena the jeweller if there’s “Anything Wrong” she’ll mention that some of her jewelry has been stolen and ask you to retrieve it. If you ask who was in the shop recently she’ll mention that it was the Governor’s wife and daughter so you need to go and see them next.

Go to the Castle of Eldfell. Speak to Galiena the Governor’s wife. If you ask her about her problems she says she’ll confide in you if you go to her bedroom at night and give you the bedroom key (see map). Speak to Hildemar the Governor’s daughter. She will ask you to return a stolen necklace to the jeweller – you just discovered the jewelry shop thief. You can accept or decline this quest – I’ll deal with it below.

Return the Stolen Necklace quest

So you agreed to help Hildemar out. In order to solve this quest you need a Mercantile skill of above 50 and an outfit above 45. Otherwise you commit a crime and fail the quest. Go to the jeweller and give her the necklace (a “special item”). She’ll give you 1000 gp for it. Return to Hildemar and split the money with her. She rewards you with a Great Warbow and your share of the money (500gp) but your fame is decreased.

Cure Hildemar quest aka I blame the parents

Return to the Castle at night and see Galiena in her bedroom (see map above). She will tell you that she found some stolen jewelry in Hildemar’s room and beg you to get a healing potion from the Healer to cure Hildemar of her compulsive stealing thus saving her the cost of years of therapy.

Find the Undertaker’s missing jewelry quest

Before going to the Healer, head off to the Home of the Undertaker. If you ask him if there’s anything wrong, he’ll mention that he’s lost some jewelry from some of the corpses he’s been preparing. It seems Hildemar’s been a busy girl. Agree to help him recover the loot.

Getting the healing potion

If this is the first time you’ve been to the Home of the Healer, you’ll face some Hellhounds in the area. Note the position of Seff the Cyclops but DON’T attack him until you’ve talked to Telissera the healer. If you ask her about a healing potion, she’ll want you to do her a favour before she’ll give it to you. She will give you an Amulet of the Healer (Fortify Magic 20% and +30 Heal Magic). You might also want to visit the two healing springs here if you’re a bit bashed up, as they restore 40 HP and 40 Mana each. (They look like green smoke coming out of the ground. Just step on them.)

Find the Cold Spring for the Healer quest

Right then, Telissera mentioned the rocks would need to be hit with something heavy. In fact the only thing that will work is Seff the Cyclops’ club. Go back and find him. He’s usually in the extreme south east of the Lava Lake zone or the extreme south west of the Home of the Healer zone (see map). You need to ask him about a club. If your Persuade level is high enough (I managed with level 50) he’ll give it to you if you beg. I think you can kill him for it if your Persuade is too low. Return with it to the healer’s house and find a crack in the rocks nearby (see map). Hit it with Seff’s club and you should uncover the cold spring. Inform Telissera and she’ll give you the healing potion and an Orb Staff (+30 Heal Magic and +30 SP, good alignment only).

Retrieving the Jewelry

Now you’ve got the cure you can return to the Castle. Give Hildemar the healing potion. Then (important!) go back and see her again. This time she will confirm the potion worked and hand over a ruby ring, an emerald necklace (but only if you didn’t agree to return the stolen necklace), a ruby amulet, a blue star ring, an unholy blood crown and a fancy amulet. If you don’t see her again you won’t receive the jewelry or solve the quests.

Now you need to wait until nightime to see Galiena again and solve the Cure Hildemar quest. If you go to see her in the day she won’t solve the quest but just admire your muscles (and it doesn’t matter if you’re male or female – apparently Galiena plays for both teams). Go to her bedroom and tell her Hildemar is cured of kleptomania. She will reward you with 1500 gold and a fame increase.

Returning the Jewelry and solving the quests

So now we need to return the jewelry to the anxious undertaker and jeweller. First head back to Wilmot the undertaker. He’ll take the ruby amulet, the blue star ring and the ruby ring. He’ll reward you with a permanent strength potion, 2 cure plague potions, 2 cure poison potions, 2 cure paralysis potions, 4 full healing potions, 4 full restore mana potions and 100 gold.

Finally, return the jewelry to Elena the jeweller. If you didn’t do the “Return the Stolen Necklace” quest she will take the emerald necklace, the unholy blood crown and the fancy amulet. She’ll reward you with 2000 gold, a special fur and a fame increase. If you did the Stolen Necklace quest she only takes the amulet and the blood crown. You get the fame increase and the fur but only 1500 gold (but you got 500 from the necklace).

Written by snoozysue

Guide to the Kill Erhard’s infected son quest

This is a pretty simple quest to complete provided you can find Arven, but worth a tasty reward.

Starting

You’ll find Erhard, the old hunter, in his house in the Outlands of Eldfell area (see map). If you ask if you can help him, he will tell you that his son, Arven, caught the flesh eating disease and has turned into a monster. He wants you to let him know what has happened to his son.

Killing Arven

You’ll find Arven on the borders of the Lava Lake and Sulphur Peak – East Side areas somewhere towards the eastern side (see map below). You will have to kill him as he instantly attacks you. He shouldn’t be that difficult to kill, just chuck a few Lightning Storm spells at him or cut him down.

Arven wanders around but is usually in this general area

Reward

Once you’ve finished Arven off, return to Erhard and he will be sadly grateful (poor guy). He’ll reward you with a Garrison Shield, 250 gold, 2 sapphire gems, 2 ruby splinter gems and a fame increase.

Written by snoozysue

Train Candidates for the Bodyguard

To do this quest you must have access to Eldfell City Center I also recommend being at least level 16 before doing this quest.

To start this quest you must talk to Governor Volney in The Castle of Eldfell.
The Castle of Eldfell can be found on the north side of the city center.
You will find the Governor's room straight north from the entrance.
When you talk to him say "Anything Else" and he will give you the "Train Candidates for the Bodyguard" quest.

You will be fighting:

At least 2 Swamp Dragons: these are level 22 creatures with 750 Hp and they don't use magic.
1 Emerald Bird: these are level 18 creatures with 350 Hp and they use magic, they also tend to poison you.
Possibly Mutated Dogs (sorry I don't know the stats on them but if you can handle an Emerald Bird or Flesh Eater then you should be just fine against these).

Directions:

Assuming you are standing right in the northern entrance to the city center you must now walk forward until you run into a sign, now follow the path west (keep following the path even when it fades red).
Follow the path until you run into a fountain of lava now take 1 step east then 16 steps north now walk west until you run into a bush.
Now take 1 step north then walk west until you reach a small path.
Follow the path north 39 steps you will then reach a sign. From there follow the path west 39 steps you will then reach a sign. Now follow the path south and it will lead you to the Gladiator Arena.

The Master Gladiator trains Heavy Weapon if you need this.
Talk to the Master Gladiator and say "The Gov sent me" and the Master Gladiator will send you into an Auditorium and you will have to fight about 6 Candidates (sorry I don't have the stats on the Candidates but if you can beat the swamp dragon you should be just fine fighting these guys). Now once you've beaten the Candidates knock on the door behind you and the Master Gladiator will be waiting for you.
Once your done talking to the Master Gladiator go back to the Governor and say "Anything Else" again and now you've done it yay!

Written by QuestLover
Sylon / Redshift

Return to Guides