Argimon's Dungeon - So Close

Forum for discussing Hero of Lukomorye I.

Argimon's Dungeon - So Close

Postby Joe99 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 pm

I have completed the main game and only have three quests left, all involving Argimon's Dungeon. I am stuck at the gates that require high disarm and lock pick. I have enchanted gear that gives me disarm and lock pick of 135 each. I can disarm fine, but not lock pick these gates. When I try to lock pick, it says my chances are very good, but it keeps failing. I have tried dozens of times. I would appreciate any help.
Joe99

Re: Argimon's Dungeon - So Close

Postby Catacomber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:04 am

Can you give me a better idea of where you are? As far as I know, none of Argimon's gates can be gotten through by lock pick--he favored switches---or puzzles---are you near any switches? The gates you're trying to get through probably need keys otherwise. He put up a walkthrough for his dungeon at my website if that would help you. : )
Catacomber

Postby Joe99 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Thank you for the response. I figured it out and finished the last few quests. I was confused because some of the posts mentioned needing a high lock pick skill. I didn't realize that was only for the lock to Cat. Now on to HOL 2.
Joe99

Postby UKayeF » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:36 am

Nope, some Doors have the Lock Level '101'' which means they cannot lockpicked manually. However, if your lockpick skill exceeds this value by far it seems as though you could open these doors. Confusing, isn't it? ;)
UKayeF

Postby wolf3167 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Yep, it's sad, too, because these doors are just one of the reasons why lock pick is frankly a useless skill in this game. Lock picking should be usable to open most doors, barring extremely useful ones that would allow you to bypass the story of course.
wolf3167

Postby Catacomber » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 am

Looking at Argimon's doors, most of them are set to be magically locked.

You need a key.

If you could lockpick them, it wouldn't be Argimon's dungeon. :evil:

I don't think the lockpick skill can give you the thrill you get by the challenge of finding the keys you need to make it through this dungeon.
Catacomber

Postby Juxian » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:53 am

Can somebody tell me how to open the doors with 13 swiches? I have tried 1 2 3 5 8 13 lots of times and it still doesn't open...
Juxian

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:44 am

If you already switched all the switches this way and that--switch them ALL up.

And then as KGold kindly posted in a thread here--

"1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, the Fibonacci code.
But thank it to Catacomber!"

Turn those numbered switches down--that is set them on.

And then at some point please release me from Argimon's dungeon as your thanks. Meow! : )
Catacomber

Return to Hero of Lukomorye I