WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!?!

Forum for discussing Hero of Lukomorye I.

WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!?!

Postby tom22222 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi,

I'm new to The Quest and don't understand all of it. I've completed the main quest and Ice and Fire one. My character is built in attack and unholy magic. In HOL none of my spells work against:

Forest witch
Queen of the wolves
Ghost Eye

(Maybe more, these are just the ones so far)

Please can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
tom22222

Re: WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!?!

Postby wolf3167 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Yep, you fell into the "attack magic trap" as I like to call it. Zarista expansions have enemies with over 100% magic resistance, meaning your attacks are literally useless! It gets worse in later expansions, but most of the high-level ones are crap and don't have any attack magic spells included with them (or at least not many). However, Redshift and Zarista have gotten together, I heard, and this shouldn't happen in newer expansions.
wolf3167

Postby tom22222 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Ah ok, thanks v m for explanation - so, what should I do - enchant a load of stuff so I'm better at say using arrows? If so, what skill is best for arrows to do the most damage? Maybe 'heavy weapon'? Thanks.
tom22222

Postby Prickett » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:08 am

Light weapon
Prickett

Postby tom22222 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:00 am

Thanks guys
tom22222

Postby Benedict Darkhand » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:43 pm

I'm finding myself in the same situation. My character is a Derth who's focuses are on intelligence/personality and his skills are attack, mind, and environmental magics. I didn't invest much into defensive skills. The idea being he's a gifted court wizard. The Ice and Fire expansion was a breeze with this build but the HoL expansion is tearing him to peices like a wood chipper would do to this silly staff my character carries :cry: I will try what was recommended to see if I can amend all that hard work. At least my investment into environmental magic is worth something in this expansion.
Benedict Darkhand

Postby Catacomber » Fri May 01, 2015 7:43 am

It's not our (Zarista's fault). We took the Quest as it was. The Quest is set up in a way that allows you to increase your Magic and Disease defenses in the base game and the Ice and Fire expansion to 100%. I don't think Stewe ever imagined someone would take the Quest as far in expansions as we did. I worked on the Quest game and Ice and Fire and it actually wasn't a consideration in my mind at the time that there would be any problem in the future with the high Magic and Disease Resistances. I didn't realize it then but learned to try to deal with it later when we made our own expansions.

When we did realize it, we did whatever we could to get around that, including diseases in HOLII and later other things.

But when we did Luko I we didn't know we had that problem. We tried different ways to get around that in the later expansions.

If you use long range weapons it helps. Anyway, I think there's enough fun in the expansions to keep you interested. : ) And you can get some great gear.
Catacomber

Return to Hero of Lukomorye I