Robot Oil

Forum for discussing Hero of Lukomorye II.

Robot Oil

Postby SentinelBasch » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Hello!

I touched on this a little in my other thread in the main forum, but wanted to delve into it further here, since robot oil is in the HOL series.

i read a moneymaking guide here in the forums that mentioned making robot oil in Matras and selling it there. However, I have done this and I get a message when selling to the alchemist that I cannot sell this item. Based on what I see, it might be because it's a miscellaneous item, with yellow text. Did this change with a recent update to where you can longer sell this item in the main game? It won't let me use this item, either - when I go to my potions menu, it doesn't show in the list. It's a bit perplexing that it will let you make this item in the base game with the expansion enabled, but it won't let you sell it or use it in the base game.

Also, I see that permanent gush potions didn't make it through on HOL2. Will we be able to make them in HOL3?

Thank you all for this great game and expansions!
SentinelBasch

Re: Robot Oil

Postby Catacomber » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:00 am

There are many, even some major differences between the Classic version and the HD version so I'd take the info for the Classic version with a grain of salt. In most cases, it may be helpful but not in all.

You might find some Permanent Gush lying around. It can't be bought or made. Maybe in the next expansion. One of the testers thought it was too powerful for HOLII. But I'm pretty sure I dropped some here and there.

Robot Oil is a miscellaneous item. About making it and selling it, i don't know. Again, the HD version is different from the Classic version in many ways. It's not intended to show up normally in shops. And you can't make it as far as I know.

The HD version had different people testing it, with different ideas about how things should play out and whether they should be fully available or not and whether they should be available at all.
Catacomber

Postby SentinelBasch » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:14 am

Thank you very much for the response!

Some of the items from your other expansions can be made and sold in the main HD game, so I guess I thought robot oil might be, too. I can definitely make the robot oil very easily in the base game, I just can't do anything with it. Thank you for clarifying.

I have briefly went through your expansions and will tackle them more once I've done a bit more of the base game. They do seem interesting and thanks again for helping to keep this great game alive with more content!
SentinelBasch

Postby Catacomber » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:28 am

Robot Oil has two forms. One is a sellable one but it's not sellable and one is a homemade potion but it also is not sellable and can't be used in the HD version. I can't tell you why it wound up that way. I may have put it in to help someone who had some problem lost in the past. It may have been a quest item before but not any more as far as I can tell.

Homemade Robot Oil could be used in the Classic version but not sold. Now it can't be made nor sold. Possibly because one of the testers thought it shouldn't.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:45 am

I can confirm that I scattered at least one Permanent Gush potion in the HD version of the game because my brave player who tested has one in her backpack. : ) If it was lying on the ground, it will respawn. But am not about to look through the whole game to find out where to find it--as am trying to put Macha's Curse in----that could be your quest. : )
Catacomber

Postby Sekhmet » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:22 pm

There’s a Perm Gush in an urn in the Harem
Sekhmet

Return to Hero of Lukomorye II