Free Cat Error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum for discussing Hero of Lukomorye II.

Free Cat Error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Drocan016 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:08 pm

I completed Mad dwarves castle in HOL 2 I spoke with Argimon and asked him about how he died because I found his grave. anyway I completed everything it showed that I lost A ROCK but I still have it in my inventory whenever I Go to cats Island she says the the prompt that she still needs A ROCK. did I forget to do something?

It’s still shows active bring Cat A Rock quest btw

Who issues the quest free cat quest?
Drocan016

Re: Free Cat Error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Drocan016 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:00 am

I checked and it says that silver girl issues the quest however the only prompt with silver girl is about the mana charger.
Drocan016

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:44 am

This is not a technical issue but an issue with a specific expansion. I've moved the topic.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Drocan016 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:48 am

Ok thanks for the correction. But what should I do now?
Drocan016

Postby Catacomber » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:21 am

Silvergirl gives you the quest to free me but I give you the quest to bring me a rock. I want the Rock from Mad Dwarves' Castle not a rock.
Catacomber

Postby Drocan016 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Doesn’t argimon take the rock though I’ve finished this quest before?
Drocan016

Postby Catacomber » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:04 am

He should take the rock if you talk to him about it. It's called A Rock.
Catacomber

Postby Drocan016 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:23 pm

I do understand that Cat. My problem is I still have “A Rock” in my inventory the dialog to complete Mad Dwarves castle has already been done but when the Dialog was completed I still have “A Rock” in my inventory! Because of this the game still thinks it’s at Mad dwarves castle but Argimon when he talked to me did not take it. To show what I’m explaining is true I have pictures of my inventory indicating that I have “A Rock” can I email you those pictures? Another way I can explain that I have “A Rock” is when I go to a misc merchant it says the item is worth 600k. I just barely helped a friend finish Mad dwarves castle when he did everything that I did when Argimon talked to him the “A Rock” was removed from his inventory. So somehow mine was not removed when Argimon took “A Rock”. And because of this I have no way of finishing the quest. Can you help me? Again great game I just need some assistance with this bug. Thanks again for responding so quickly.
Drocan016

Postby Catacomber » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:23 am

It's not a bug but possibly a mobile glitch. Argimon's coded to take the rock and the code is correct. Cat doesn't check whether you have a rock or not. She checks whether you talked to Argimon about her. When you take the rock off the shelf in Mad Dwarves Second Floor then step back off the square, you trigger a dialogue with Argimon that sets a global that Cat checks. During that dialogue, he takes the rock.

Did you get the quest to Free Cat from Silvergirl? Is it open or closed?

Where is Argimon when you talk to him? Every time you talk to Argimon he sets a global _ 1. So the first time you talk to him he sets the global tain_argtalk x. He won't talk to you about Catacomber until that global is 8. So you would have needed to talk to him the first seven times before he talks about the rock. My guess is you haven't found the spot yet where you talk to him about Cat. You talk to him by stepping on certain squares in Mad Dwarves' Castle. You should have talked to him about Cat on the second floor of Mad Dwarves' Castle if you have the rock in your inventory and step off that square. Is it possible you got the rock and recalled somewhere, thereby missing talking to Argimon? Try going back to that shelf in Mad Dwarves' Second Floor and step off that square.

If you exited out of that dialogue with Argimon too fast and didn't tap on the yes answer, it would prevent you from getting to the dialogue and the global Cat checks. You'd have to go back to an earlier save file.
Catacomber

Postby Drocan016 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:03 pm

How would I check what global check I’m on?

because I’m positive I did not quit from the dialogue too early. I actually was slower because I asked him about his grave at the end he said live long and prosper to which I said you too. So I think I did everything correctly unless there was a glitch where one of the Dialog from Argimon wasn’t activated would you mind. Illustrating a map of where each of the global checks commands are present?
Because I combed the entire place stepping on each step I could take including the one behind the shelf.
Drocan016

Postby Drocan016 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Btw thanks for helping Cat!
Drocan016

Postby Drocan016 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:06 pm

The quest for silver girl is open I think do you mean active? In the status page?
Drocan016

Postby Catacomber » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:44 pm

The dialogues are independent of each other. There's nothing wrong with the code. I can put up a pic later tonight. I think you had a mobile glitch of some kind.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:03 am

Here are the locations of all the places in MDC where you can talk to Argimon.

Do you have an earlier save file? I can put a fix for you in MDC however it could throw off other players who have talked to Argimon where you get the rock so if you have an earlier save file, that would be the preferred option. Your quest with Silver Girl is open because you haven't freed Cat and you havent' freed Cat because it appears you didn't talk to Argimon at the location marked 8 in MDC Second Floor.

This is what he says if you tap on "Yes" when you're prompted: "I see you found it - the little stone. Well, you won't need it, so I'll take it. Tell Cat, that she could leave her isle if she wants. But it would be safer for her to stay where she is right now. I will not harm her - I could promise her that. She is safe there.. Don't ask why (murmling strange words) .. Thank you for the stone.. and you could tell Silvergirl that you helped Kozney's agent gain a powerful magical item, the Rock.. She will be really happy if she believes in such nonsence as my being a spy and working for Kozney. She doesn't know me. It was your big mistake to help her but.. Once more thank you.. and live long and prosper."

Do you remember that conversation?
Catacomber

Postby Drocan016 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:44 am

Yes I remember that dialog but for some reason the global check when I go back to you all you say is I need A Rock please hurry.

Is their any significance that I still have A Rock in my inventory?
Drocan016

Postby Catacomber » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:59 am

No. Do you have an earlier save file? As I said, I could put a fix but over the many years this has been out, no one has needed this and it could interfere with other players that do not have a problem. It sounds like a mobile glitch of some kind.
Catacomber

Postby Drocan016 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:56 am

No it’s ok cat. I actually don’t have an earlier save file but that’s ok it’s still a great game. And hopefully it was just a wierd glitch from my phone like your saying. because if you say everything is working fine. Then I trust what your saying Thanks for all the help you’ve given though.
Like I said before I am still greatly satisfied. By your support and also the great game you’ve developed. Have a great night/day Cat.
Drocan016

Postby Catacomber » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:32 am

It's players like you who make it worthwhile to make the games---if you'd like an item named after you in Celtic Doom which I'm working on now, let me know what.

Or, I'm still willing to do a fix for you that might help but again I worry that it will throw off other players. If I put it on a candle that was just like other candles, it might work for you and not hinder others. Let me know.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:23 am

By the way, are you playing the Classic version or the new version?
Catacomber

Postby Drocan016 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:16 am

I’m playing classic game style.
Drocan016

Postby Catacomber » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:42 am

I sent you a pm.
Catacomber

Return to Hero of Lukomorye II