Some important questions

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Some important questions

Postby montesinos7 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello there everyone! I've been playing The Quest since its release years ago and I can't even imagine how many times I've re downloaded, repurchased, and replayed it. It's a truly incredible game.

I had no idea that there was a graphics overhaul, and I now realize that I have the "Classic" version because I guess The Quest Gold has classic graphics. So my question is, do I have to purchase the graphically enhanced games to play them or can I get them for free somehow because I've already purchased virtually all the classic games? Also, if I do get the graphically enhanced version can I transfer over my save files? And can I go from those graphically enhanced games to non graphically enhanced expansions since they haven't all been updated?

Thank you for anyone who takes the time to answer my questions, I love the game so much! Cheers!
montesinos7

Re: Some important questions

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:29 pm

The new versions are separate games. (With separate prices. ;))

Saves are not really compatible between The Quest and Classic. You might be able to load a save from Classic (if you haven't been to later expansions), but this is not guaranteed and there can be problems. You definitely can't load saves from The Quest in Classic.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby abstractcolors215 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:25 am

montesinos7 wrote:Hello there everyone! I've been playing The Quest since its release years ago and I can't even imagine how many times I've re downloaded, repurchased, and replayed it. It's a truly incredible game.

I had no idea that there was a graphics overhaul, and I now realize that I have the "Classic" version because I guess The Quest Gold has classic graphics. So my question is, do I have to purchase the graphically enhanced games to play them or can I get them for free somehow because I've already purchased virtually all the classic games? Also, if I do get the graphically enhanced version can I transfer over my save files? And can I go from those graphically enhanced games to non graphically enhanced expansions since they haven't all been updated?

Thank you for anyone who takes the time to answer my questions, I love the game so much! Cheers!
I have both The Quest Classic and its expansions and The Quest HD and the expansions that have come out for it so far, and there are more to come. And I love both Quest games. The Quest Classic has beautiful and talented artwork done by Sylon and has that old school gameplay that is fun and really stands the test of time, while the Quest HD has newer graphics and some updated areas to the game like new areas to explore and some other things. So, I would play both The Quest Classic and The Quest HD because they each are quite enjoyable in their own way. ~A Lifelong Quester
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:25 pm

I'd like if people wouldn't called it "HD". (I know, it was released that way on iOS, our error, but it has been changed now.) It's "The Quest" and "The Quest Classic". (Of course I won't do anything if you do. It's just a preference. ;))

The gameplay is the same in the new version and the new graphics was drawn by Sylon too. ;) (Here are most of the changes.)

Of course the "feel" of the game (graphics/music, controls) is a question of preference, but The Quest is The Quest, there were no major changes to gameplay.

(Unlike the main game, Islands of Ice and Fire received some quest changes/updates to make the main quest line flow better and a few new quests, so it is more different, but it's still not by that much.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby abstractcolors215 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:08 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:I'd like if people wouldn't called it "HD". (I know, it was released that way on iOS, our error, but it has been changed now.) It's "The Quest" and "The Quest Classic". (Of course I won't do anything if you do. It's just a preference. ;))

The gameplay is the same in the new version and the new graphics was drawn by Sylon too. ;) (Here are most of the changes.)

Of course the "feel" of the game (graphics/music, controls) is a question of preference, but The Quest is The Quest, there were no major changes to gameplay.

(Unlike the main game, Islands of Ice and FIre received some quest changes/updates to make the main quest line flow better and a few new quests, so it is more different, but it's still not by that much.)

Of course, Elendil! The Quest and The Quest Classic. Thank you for the clarification. I love The Quest and will keep on playing!
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:31 am

Don't worry about it. :) Thank you for your support and we are glad you are enjoying the game!
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby montesinos7 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Ah okay that's even better news! I didn't even realize that it was sort of it's own game, I was under the impression it was basically identical just with different graphics.
I've been reading stuff about the quest 2 here, is that really in development?
montesinos7

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:24 pm

The Quest 2 is in development, yes. It's a long way away yet, though. Of course we'll write when it's nearing release.

And it almost definitely won't be called "The Quest 2". It'll be sufficiently different and we have realized quite a long while ago that "The Quest" is just too generic.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby abstractcolors215 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:The Quest 2 is in development, yes. It's a long way away yet, though. Of course we'll write when it's nearing release.

And it almost definitely won't be called "The Quest 2". It'll be sufficiently different and we have realized quite a long while ago that "The Quest" is just too generic.

I'll be patiently waiting to play it!
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Return to General Discussion