Expansions.... What's with them?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Expansions.... What's with them?

Postby Bloody Dan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:46 am

I got the cursed chess set and I started out at level 6. I found a lot of HIGH powered stuff just lying around. Then I go and knock on some doors to find quest and I in up stealing stuff. I then go out to the port and two guards (who are orcs) attack me and i die. It says for low levels and people said level 5 was a good place. My point to all this why is the monsters so strong and why is there overpowered things lying around.
Bloody Dan

Re: Expansions.... What's with them?

Postby Belvita » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:57 am

The items aren't overpowered, just better than your current ones. As to the guards, I would recommend purchasing a full set of armour in Frommage before taking them on.
Belvita

Postby Belvita » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:57 am

The items aren't overpowered, just better than your current ones. As to the guards, I would recommend purchasing a full set of armour in Frommage before taking them on.
Belvita

Postby Bloody Dan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks.... and just to be sure and not make anyone think the Quest and Expansions are bad there THE BEST. Maybe I should play the main game some more. Would level 10 be good???
Bloody Dan

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:10 pm

I think first you should play the main game to the end, then continue your adventures with the official expansion pack (Islands of Ice and Fire), then going on to Hero of Lukomorye 1, 2, 3, etc.
The low level expansions are mostly for players who want to start again a new game with a new character.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Bloody Dan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Alright I think I will do that but won't I be to strong for fire and ice if I wait to the end?
Bloody Dan

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:02 pm

No, you will be just OK. You'll finish the game around level 14-15, which is perfect for Ice and Fire.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jamie990 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:48 pm

A personal suggestion would be this, play the base game then save. Once you've saved at a point after the base game keep that save then play through cursed chess set. Then go onto play celtic rift from there. After that play Ice and fire and the expansions which follow. Why do I suggest this? because these are some fun expansions you might miss out and struggle to play from scratch on. Why save after the base game? So if you decide you'd rather not play ice and fire after celtic/cursed you can go back to that point then play it. This way you get to play all the great expansions :D
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Bloody Dan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 am

Sounds good. I'll think about which one to play as I'm playing the main game. Just wandering where would you guys think the asteroids games fit in. It seems fun to go to space, a nice sounding twist
Bloody Dan

Postby Jamie990 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Escape (the first one) fits in after Hol3 or Horde 2 as far as level recommendations go. Then attack is after lost archipelagos/hol IV.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Bloody Dan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Alright cool, thanks for the tips
Bloody Dan

Return to General Discussion