Doesnt this game remind you of the elder scrolls games?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Doesnt this game remind you of the elder scrolls games?

Postby Jacob » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:48 pm

i have played elder scrolls 3 4 and 5 (and love them) i think they must have copyed this game :) you can enchant, repair, use magic, bows + swords. there is evan a recall and mark spell lol. i swear these 2 games are so alike. 8-)
Jacob
Jacob

Re: Doesnt this game remind you of the elder scrolls games?

Postby Gamester565 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:01 am

Geez I wish this gens gamers actually did more then just the latest stuff,
The quest is actually graphics & gameplay wise a good copy of TES II: Daggerfall(MCDOS).
The other 3 TES have no close relation other then it's a RPG with the generic skills that almost all RPGs now have the features of this game.
Example:
Enchanting has been used in RPGs since about 13 Years ago.

Duel Wield commonly used in rpg games for the faster weaker units in use since about 12-11 Years ago.

Potion Making over 15 Years old in a lot of none RPGs and RPGs alike.

The basics Swordfighting/Magic/Archery used since 20+ Years ago.

All in all this is just a classic rpg that due to the fact of later games is commonly compared to next gen games.
Gamester565

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:57 am

Well, The Quest's game system was created and designed two guys, Stewe and me, but we didn't want to copy any other RPGs out there. All I know is that Stewe liked Morrowind and Daggerfall, so he "used" some ideas from those games - probably parts of the skill system and alchemy, I'm not sure about that. While my ideas were coming only from my mind because I didn't play with any RPGs in the last 15 years (I always loved the oldschool type which ended around the middle of the 90's). So I agree that some parts were coming from other games, but the "whole" was just a collection of ideas from our mind when we started thinking about how we can improve the oldschool systems to a a better shape. The first chapter on this way was Legacy, which game was more of an oldschool dungeon crawler, while when we wanted to make a second chapter, we simply tried to improve Legacy's all features, and make a more complex game with larger surface lands, more freedom for the gameplay, better character building system, more possibilities for the game editor users to create better expansions, etc. That's all. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:25 am

Yeah it does. I could tell that at least one of the game makers liked Daggerfall when I first started play. Of course, I love the elder scrolls so I have no complaints :D
noobpod

Postby FireMonkees » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Just because a game has some things that you can do in another game doesn't make them copied. You can do alot of things in elder scrolls that you can do in others, doesn't mean they're copied. This is just a amazing rpg, that has many options of gameplay and it does them very well
FireMonkees

Postby abstractcolors3 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 am

yes, and Elder Scrolls was/is one of my Favorite games EVER!! The Quest is another one of my favorites!!
abstractcolors3

Return to General Discussion