The Quest Card Game

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

The Quest Card Game

Postby Gamester565 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 am

I was wondering if there is a real life pack of the quests card game can anyone give me a link or suggestion on where to find one if one actually exists
Gamester565

Re: The Quest Card Game

Postby Jamie990 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:49 am

As far as I know there isn't, nor any other quest related merchandise.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:26 am

No, there is no real life card game, nor any other merchandise as Jamie wrote (we are just a very small company of 2-3 members with no money and time for things like that), but we are making a completely independent card game loosely based on the game inside The Quest. So if you like to play at the inns, you'll like this new game too, hopefully. More details are coming a few months later...
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Gamester565 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:48 am

Aw a card game would be awesome due to the fact it's so simple.
Would love to see one in the future if things pick up. ^_^
Gamester565

Postby Buddywalkosz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:No, there is no real life card game, nor any other merchandise as Jamie wrote (we are just a very small company of 2-3 members with no money and time for things like that), but we are making a completely independent card game loosely based on the game inside The Quest. So if you like to play at the inns, you'll like this new game too, hopefully. More details are coming a few months later...
Is the company really that small? I would think that with all the people who have bought the game it would be bigger! I can't imagine making an entire game series with only three people!!
Buddywalkosz

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Actually, we are only two guys now.

Although The Quest has been bought by quite a few people, they are still not that many. You can't really even compare the number of copies sold to any "proper" game released by a "proper" game studio. Not to mention The Quest only costs a few dollars (of which we only see a part, the rest is Apple's and our publisher's). We don't have and never had enough money to pay employees.

But don't worry, we'll create (hopefully :)) fun games, nonetheless.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Buddywalkosz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 pm

You guys truly are amazing. Though one question; What ever happened to Catacomber?
Buddywalkosz

Postby Jamie990 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:36 pm

They are separate companies.

Redshift developed The Quest game engine and made the main game and the ice and fire expansion.

Catacomber was involved in developing ice and fire I believe and as a beta tester in the main game.

Zarista games (which is owned by catacomber and Dr. Vlad) created the here of lukomyre season and all the other quest expansinos apart from Lost archipelagos which was made by a player.

So yeah Catacomber is still working on making them just she is and was never part of Redshift.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Well, Cat wrote sidequests for The Quest too, but "officially" she was never part of Redshift - she was a big fan of our previous game, Legacy, and started making expansions using that game's public editor, so we got to know each other through that way - public forums, making maps, etc. Also, she lives in the US while we - Redshift - are Hungarians. So she was a good help with the English language, writing and correcting text for dialogues, manual, events, etc. And when she learned how to use The Quest's editor, she started making expansions for this game too.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:30 am

I also loved the card game.

Will you ever expand it and make another game revovled around it?
noobpod

Postby noobpod » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:49 pm

What's your guys favorite deck to use? Mine is Necromancer.

EDIT: Oops I double posted, I am going to forum hell.
noobpod

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:47 pm

We are working on that right now. Our next game will be a card game loosely based on the one in The Quest. But it'll be much bigger and hopefully much more fun. :)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby noobpod » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:34 am

That sounds awesome! Will it also be available on iOS? Will it have a story? Will it be linear or a bit more open? Will my guy be able to walk around? Sorry, for all the questions :D
noobpod

Postby abstractcolors3 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:

We are working on that right now. Our next game will be a card game loosely based on the one in The Quest. But it'll be much bigger and hopefully much more fun. :)
that sounds great! cant wait to play it!
abstractcolors3

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:16 am

Noobpod: yes, it will be available on iOS too: iPhone, iPad, PC, and probably Android too.
Yes, it will have a story.
It will be some kind of non linear - a bit more open as you said. Your guy (or girl) will be able to walk around. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Noobpod: yes, it will be available on iOS too: iPhone, iPad, PC, and probably Android too.
Yes, it will have a story.
It will be some kind of non linear - a bit more open as you said. Your guy (or girl) will be able to walk around. : )

That sounds awesome! I've always wanted to play a good card videogame that let's you walk around and not just follow the main story.
noobpod

Postby seyss » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:04 am

I'm a The Quest card game junkie... all I do in this game is play that card game because it is simple yet challenging and complex to master.

I'm at the point where I have no need to read any description.. just keep picking cards and winning 95% of the time.

I've asked the devs to fix the 7 bugs described below but they said they have no plans to expand the card game further :( really sad.

Please guys, release a fix or sell a separate app for the card game. I'd happily pay $2+ for it.

1- Damage reduction effects are being applied to each damaging card, not total damage.
Say I have 3 Blood Golens, and the defender has the 25% damage reduction. My total damage is zero, because the 25% damage reduction is applied for each Blood Golen card.
The correct way is to only apply the damage reduction after all damage cards are summed up.

2- When the innkeeper is a Necromancer, the cards which have HP are not protecting them. Say innkeeper has a Bone Wall (6hp) and I hit him with Fang (6hp damage), innkeeper loses the Bone Wall plus he loses some HP, which he wasn't supposed to. This works for all Necromancers defensive cards, only for the innkeeper.

3- Cards which double the effect of the next card are not doing anything for the innkeeper. They only work for players.

4- Warrior's card Berzerk (50% more damage, 30% more damage taken) is not working correctly. The 30% more damage taken is only working for high damages (like Necro's Soul Crush). Single point attacks are not causing any damage at all for someone with Berzerk effect (30% more damage taken).

5- Mage's "Aura of Fire", which reflects 25% of damage suffered, is reflecting damage for each damaging card, not the total sum of damage. Say I have 3 Blood Golens. I hit for 3, and get hit for 3. I was supposed to be hit only for 25% of 3, which is 1. This problem is simmilar to number 1, where damage reducing/reflect effects should be applied to the FINAL damage value, not for each damaging card.

6- Backstab (5 damage, defense ignored) is not working for players. It does regular damage to enemy's defenses. It only works when used by the innkeeper.

7- Warrior's card Mourner (50% damage dealt bonus) is actually reducing damage taken.
seyss

Postby Hampsteroid » Thu May 08, 2014 11:16 pm

I'm bummed to hear their is no real Quest card game, but I am currently making a pack myself. Would it be out of the question for Redshift to offer a printable page of the cards for home use?

Great work on The Quest Redshift. Truly a classic. I look forward to your other card game project or any other project for that matter.
Hampsteroid

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri May 09, 2014 8:12 am

Thanks! Unfortunately there is no printable version from the cards, they were just drawn in that small size. But if you wait a little, hopefully after a few months you can print out our new card game's cards for home use. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Prickett » Fri May 09, 2014 1:07 pm

That would would a good idea Sylon. I've actually contemplated making my own pack of cards before.
Prickett

Postby mangoose » Sat May 10, 2014 10:10 pm

id love to adapt the quest's cards for real life use if I had the sprites and descriptions, as well as how common each card is.
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Prickett » Sat May 10, 2014 10:24 pm

There is a thing under guides about the card games that shows how many of each cards are in each deck.
Prickett

Postby mangoose » Sat May 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Then I'd just need the images and descriptions.
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon May 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Sorry but we really have just the images and description which we use in the game's official manual. Here it is:
http://www.redshift.hu/iPhone/TheQuestiPhoneManual.pdf
Sylon / Redshift

Postby mangoose » Mon May 19, 2014 10:24 pm

I think that'll do, I'll start working on it when I regain access to my computer
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Return to General Discussion