Order of places

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Order of places

Postby Unknown_Z » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:22 am

Where should I go (by zones) for leveling? Ashore list would help:) and also maybe ice and fire expansion too? Thanks
Unknown_Z

Re: Order of places

Postby Jamie990 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Ok here is the list.

Main game
Cursed chess set
Celtic Rift
Ice and Fire
Here of lukomyre (HOL) 1
HOL2

That should be enough to keep you going for now I have the full list somewhere.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby ReddestDream » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Here's a list of expansions in order of level/sequence:

Celtic Rift: "Recommended for low level characters and start a new character to fully enjoy."

If you are just starting to play The Quest, take your new character to Celtic Rift from the port at Matras ASAP. You can just create a new save and keep one in Matras to continue the main game and the other expansions. Celtic Rift is considered its own continuity, and you get items there that are rather game-breaking outside of Celtic Rift. A new expansion, Celtic Queen, is coming in a few months and will continue the plot, so hold on to your saves in the Celtic Rift.

Cursed Chess Set: "Recommended for low level characters."

I recommend you gain a few levels and complete a few quests in the main game first. You don't get too much that is game-breaking in this expansion, and it is a good idea to have your bearings about the basics before going there.

Islands of Fire and Ice: "It is recommended to reach at least level 14."

Just make sure you aren't at too high a level when you go here.

Hero of Lukomorye I: "It is recommended to reach at least level 22."

Hero of Lukomorye II: "It is recommended to reach at least level 32."

At this point, you'll probably want to create a new save so that you can play Mithril Horde I-II without being over-leveled!

Mithril Horde I-II: "It is recommended to reach at least level 35."

Hero of Lukomorye III: "It is recommended to reach at least level 38."

Escape from Asteroids: "It is recommended to reach at least level 40."

Hero of Lukomorye IV: "It is recommended to reach at least level 45."

At this point, you'll probably want to create a new save so that you can play Lost Archipelagos without being over-leveled!

Lost Archipelagos: "It is recommended to reach at least level 45."

Attack from Asteroids: "It is recommended to reach at least level 58."

Hero of Lukomorye V: "It is recommended to reach at least level 61."

If you play the expansions in this order, playing the main game in between for leveling, items, quests, and such, you should be fine. Hope this helps! ;)
ReddestDream

Postby Unknown_Z » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks to both! Helped a lot
Unknown_Z

Postby ChouDoufu » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:23 am

I didn't know expansions we're available or how to get them. But it is good to know they are continuing to develop the world. But I am concerned about your advice to save so that you are not over leveled or expansions being their own continuity. Seems needlessly complicated and I don't like the idea that if I take my character to an expansion pack that I may not be able to return to the main game or other expansions. Before I bother looking more into expansions and buying them (I assume they come at an extra cost) can someone direct me to a source of information on how the various expansions do or do not integrate with the main game and what level or other limitations they have?
ChouDoufu

Postby Jamie990 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 am

ChouDoufu wrote:I didn't know expansions we're available or how to get them. But it is good to know they are continuing to develop the world. But I am concerned about your advice to save so that you are not over leveled or expansions being their own continuity. Seems needlessly complicated and I don't like the idea that if I take my character to an expansion pack that I may not be able to return to the main game or other expansions. Before I bother looking more into expansions and buying them (I assume they come at an extra cost) can someone direct me to a source of information on how the various expansions do or do not integrate with the main game and what level or other limitations they have?

In the product description of the different expansions you will see details of the reccomended level.

I advise you to get the spell mark and recall. It works through the expansions so mark somewhere in the base game then go to an expansion, find it to hard just cast recall and go back to the main game.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby macatron » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:02 pm

I just started a new game, and went directly to the harbor master in Matras intent on traveling to Celtic Rift. However, he doesn’t have any destinations for me. I’ve enabled Cetic Rift in the main game, so is there something I’m missing? Thanks!
macatron

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:33 am

You'd have to completely exit and restart the main game. It depends on your platform how to do it. On Android, you can use the "Exit" menu option on the main menu. On iOS, you'd have to bring up the recent apps and "flick off" The Quest. :) After the restart it should work.

Oh. And if you are on Android, I hope you haven't deleted the expansion app. It must be installed to be recognized. See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4669
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Death (warmed over) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:59 am

On my IPad 4 mini and my IPhone X I have to turn them off and restart to add expansions.
Death (warmed over)
Death (warmed over)

Return to General Discussion