Leader of the Mage council

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Leader of the Mage council

Postby schlpn » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:18 pm

I am trying to defeat him to complete the returning part of the game, but no matter what I try I can cause no damage!!?
schlpn

Re: Leader of the Mage council

Postby Jacob_L » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 pm

First off, are you currently in the Other Dimension when you fight him? This is the ONLY place where his defeat is possible. Second, what type of attacks are you using? The Mage Council Leader has a Resist Magic spell (four black clouds when he casts) that negates any magical attacks/afflictions. I've come to realize melee attacks are optimal, as they can get up-close and personal so he cannot try to sneak around corners to hide. If you are using melee and it still has no effect, try purchasing/repairing a better weapon for fighting use.
Jacob_L

Re: Leader of the Mage council

Postby ChouDoufu » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Jacob_L wrote:First off, are you currently in the Other Dimension when you fight him? This is the ONLY place where his defeat is possible. Second, what type of attacks are you using? The Mage Council Leader has a Resist Magic spell (four black clouds when he casts) that negates any magical attacks/afflictions. I've come to realize melee attacks are optimal, as they can get up-close and personal so he cannot try to sneak around corners to hide. If you are using melee and it still has no effect, try purchasing/repairing a better weapon for fighting use.

Exactly right. I found him easy to defeat as a warrior with high strength, dual wield, and heavy weapons. Iade sure to take a strong resist magic potion and had much of what I was wearing enchanted to resist magic as well.
ChouDoufu

Return to General Discussion