HD expansions

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

HD expansions

Postby Rich1066 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:55 am

I'm currently playing the QuestHd and will next purchase the islands of ice and fire HD. Will the other expansions be given the HD treatment or shall I just play them in the old format as a new character?
Rich1066

Re: HD expansions

Postby MasterAbbott » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:42 am

Rich1066 wrote:I'm currently playing the QuestHd and will next purchase the islands of ice and fire HD. Will the other expansions be given the HD treatment or shall I just play them in the old format as a new character?

They "might" bring the other expansions to HD but there is 100% confirmation on this. I already asked this question as I'm in the exact same boat as you are in. I purchased GOLD version and then saw that HD looked so much better so i purchased that and started playing it and now can't go back as the save games are not backwards compatible. I'm currently in the middle of Ice and Fire and (taking my time as I don''t want to finish it too quickly as i'll then be left with nothing to do) :(

But let's hope that the Redshift team might be able to bring over a few in time.

All i can say is just enjoy and take your time with HD and then Ice and Fire and don't rush it :)
:twisted: Fear The Master :twisted:
MasterAbbott

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:29 pm

All other expansions are by third parties (mainly by Zarista Games).

I'm working on the editor and Steamworks integration now. When it's ready, anyone will be able to create expansions (or update existing ones) for Steam. If/when a good enough is released, we can get in contact with the creators to bring it to iOS/Android.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby mangoose » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:17 am

I hate to ask for an eta, but do you think it will be released in weeks, or months? And I'm assuming we would have to wait a few more months after steamworks integration is added before we see any of zarista games' expansions to be released as well?
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:31 am

I don't know. I would really hope it's ready in February. :)

However, it'll need some testing. I might ask Catacomber if she liked to test it, use it to update one of their expansions first. It would be nice when it's released an expansion is ready to go with it. But that would of course delay the release. I don't know yet.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby MasterAbbott » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:54 pm

that would be great to have an expansion released with the update, but I would say get the update out and then the expansions can come out after. I dont think waiting maybe 1-2 months is going to be major problem, we've all been waiting and enjoying the game for a very long time so whats another 1-2 months wait anyway :)
:twisted: Fear The Master :twisted:
MasterAbbott

Postby reddragon72 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:59 pm

There quite a few us that are Looking forward to the expansions. Hopefully it goes well and we will see them on Android in the next few months.

With that said all we can do is cross our fingers and wait.
reddragon72

Postby macatron » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:24 pm

I'd love to see more HD content too, so I'll definitely add my name to this list! :D Here's hoping the Steam integration provides us with some awesome user created content too!
macatron

Postby Catacomber » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:05 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:I don't know. I would really hope it's ready in February. :)

However, it'll need some testing. I might ask Catacomber if she liked to test it, use it to update one of their expansions first. It would be nice when it's released an expansion is ready to go with it. But that would of course delay the release. I don't know yet.

I'm happy to test it whenever you're ready. No pressure here. You did such an awesome job with the HD version that I think we can all have patience.
Catacomber

Postby mangoose » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:50 am

Which expansion do you plan on updating first? (The correct answer is HoL1)
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby FEV47 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:11 am

Please don't make the expansions with textures from the base game. Hd versions should be a chance to improve on the originals.
FEV47

Postby Catacomber » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:35 am

mangoose wrote:Which expansion do you plan on updating first? (The correct answer is HoL1)

Sorry for the late reply but I've been busy. I think this might be answered in another thread. HOLI will come after Thor's Hammer which uses the graphics from the base game and Ice and Fire. We have to give Sylon time to draw the graphics needed for HOLI. There are a lot. And have to factor in he's busy with The Quest 2 graphics. We put a lot of work into Thor's Hammer and it should be enjoyable and get you ready for HOLI.
Catacomber

Postby macatron » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Catacomber wrote:
mangoose wrote:Which expansion do you plan on updating first? (The correct answer is HoL1)

Sorry for the late reply but I've been busy. I think this might be answered in another thread. HOLI will come after Thor's Hammer which uses the graphics from the base game and Ice and Fire. We have to give Sylon time to draw the graphics needed for HOLI. There are a lot. And have to factor in he's busy with The Quest 2 graphics. We put a lot of work into Thor's Hammer and it should be enjoyable and get you ready for HOLI.

Awesome! Thanks for the update! :D
macatron

Return to General Discussion