No good light bow in main game?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

No good light bow in main game?

Postby Juxian » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Why is there a great warbow, superior war bow(high dmg and +10 acc, +5dex) when the best light bow is a 3-10dmg eleven short bow?
Juxian

Re: No good light bow in main game?

Postby MasterAbbott » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Juxian wrote:Why is there a great warbow, superior war bow(high dmg and +10 acc, +5dex) when the best light bow is a 3-10dmg eleven short bow?

Yes there is a not very good Light Weapons/Armor for characters that use Light Weapon/Armor.

When I finished the game I was using:

Rogue Bow
Damage: 4-14
+5 Dextterity

--

I can say that in Ice & Fire Expansion. There are some far better Bows and Cross Bow available. I ended up using the following on Ice & Fire.

Bow Of Elements
Damage: 26-35

I then enchanted it to have the following:

+12 Dexterity
+10 Accuracy
+10 Light Weapon

--
:twisted: Fear The Master :twisted:
MasterAbbott

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:52 am

The best light bow in the main game has 20-30 damage and +20 Accuracy, +10 Dexterity. (The second best is 4-14, +10 Accuracy, the best one is admittedly not really useful in the base game. :))

It's true that heavy weapons and armor are somewhat more plentiful than light ones, but I don't think it was ever intended that you only stick to one kind. Always use the one which gives you the best damage/armor. ;)

And if you want to stick to one kind for roleplaying purposes, it's easier to maximize light armor/weapon effectiveness. They need only Dexterity, while heavy armor needs Endurance and heavy weapons need Strength.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby MasterAbbott » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:43 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:The best light bow in the main game has 20-30 damage and +20 Accuracy, +10 Dexterity. (The second best is 4-14, +10 Accuracy, the best one is admittedly not really useful in the base game. :))

It's true that heavy weapons and armor are somewhat more plentiful than light ones, but I don't think it was ever intended that you only stick to one kind. Always use the one which gives you the best damage/armor. ;)

And if you want to stick to one kind for roleplaying purposes, it's easier to maximize light armor/weapon effectiveness. They need only Dexterity, while heavy armor needs Endurance and heavy weapons need Strength.

I think that if people are placing a lot of their skill points towards light weapon/armor then this is probably why we are questioning "why isnt there any good light weapon/armour available"

Of course we can understand work with whatever best combination of light and heavy for the strongest result. I think its hard for / specific characters as you need to dedicate a lot of attributes towards certain things like DEX and INT. and then less for Endurance and STR and in turn that can lead to not being able to add more points to heavy weapon and heavy armour skills as there is a limit you can add based on your base stats and as well each skill that is not your primary costs more to upgrade as well.

My only suggestion to this is, Stick with the light weapons and armour you have in the game but PUMP as much as you can into both skills for your character and also enchant armor or weapons as well with DEX and more so light weapon and light armour and the results will be VERY rewarding. I have done so with my character who only uses light weapon and armour and he's turn out fantastic!

Hope this make sense to anyone reading this and just wanted to give my opinion on this without any disrespect to the game or style that people might be playing.
:twisted: Fear The Master :twisted:
MasterAbbott

Return to General Discussion