Exorcise the Demon

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Exorcise the Demon

Postby Steelcaress » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Everyone gets stuck here, so apparently it's my turn.

I talked to Yann and Brother Resmus and got the scroll.
I fought my way down to the Monastery
I read the scroll to Elfwin, who laughed at me.
The only two dialog options either:
1. Automatically kill her and land me in jail.
2. I refuse her and she ends the conversation.
She doesn't mention the Holy Man, so when I visit him I don't get to ask him for help.
I have read forum posts and walkthroughs, but none of them help. It's like the quest is bugged.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Steelcaress

Re: Exorcise the Demon

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:21 am

Hmm. I've just tried the quest (up until I talk to Sister Elfwin) and all works as expected. When I talk to her I can select the "I have a scroll that may help you. ..." option, and then the "My will is strong, demon! I'm interested only in getting rid of you!" option, which leads to the Holy Man.

You must have selected the other option "What did you have in mind? Maybe I'm interested...". Which means you've sided with the demon. I think there is no going back, so if you want another solution you'd have to reload an earlier save.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Steelcaress » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:18 am

You are exactly right! I never selected "My will is strong," and then it never offered the option again. Thank you!
Steelcaress

Postby OctoSpin » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:46 am

This is only 5 years later, but if you don't choose my will is stronger first are you not able to exercise the demon? I picked I was listening just to see what my options were, but I don't want to kill the sister. Now I'm stuck in a loop of "no I'm not going to kill you" or "your will be done" (basicly) as my only two options.
OctoSpin

Return to General Discussion