items that cannot be sold

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

items that cannot be sold

Postby icedevice » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 am

in the islands of ice & fire expansion (ios version) firebird feathers, lavabird feather and furs cannot be sold as they just don't show up on selling screen. when i try to sell the golden plate armor, eye of protection, thieves amulet and a few other quest items, i get an error message even after their respective quests are done. i saw that you've released an update about the golden plate armor on steam. any updates for ios planned? thanks!
icedevice

Re: items that cannot be sold

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:14 am

Items which cannot be sold can still be dropped somewhere if you don't want to bring them with you. Of course they'll disappear after a week (in game), if you don't go back to where they are, so make sure you've no more use for them before doing that. (And/or keep a save.)

(There wasn't any update to/about the golden plate armor ever. :D)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby icedevice » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:15 pm

yes i figured that out already :) but i know from the walkthru files that lava bird feather can be sold for 15k so i wonder why can't i sell it and use the money...

also i have read that the furs and feathers are meant to be sold somewhere in the main world. so, i'm assuming again, not on the expansion.

same as the rope issue that i've mentioned, which got the me stuck completely.

if these are the cases, you should have written to the game info that this game needs the main game to run properly. instead it is explicitly written that this expansion can be played as a standalone and it's misleading.
icedevice

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:40 pm

If it cannot be sold, it cannot be sold. In that case, the walkthrough is mistaken. Don't worry about unsellable items, just drop them. (Unless they are needed for a quest, of course.) You can get more than enough money.

Some stuff can be sold in the main world, but I don't know if it works for items in the expansion. Even if yes, it's something which is very much just an extra, without any consequences for the expansion.

I've uploaded an update with ropes added to two barrels (one in the harbor, one in the monaster). It might take a while before it becomes available, but blame Apple for that.

The description wasn't meant to be misleading. The expansion in it's original form has been out for a very long time on iOS and before we released it, it was playtested. No one ever complained until now. I added the ropes to be absolutely sure. (I just can't check easily, because there is no search function in the editor.)

Also, make sure you have been away from either the docks (where you started) or the monastery for more than a week (in game time), otherwise you'll not find the newly added items. Maybe the best would be to send me a save file and I can then add a rope for you. ;) (How to get to them: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4624, send it to redshift@redshift.hu)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby icedevice » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:36 pm

thanks for the lenghty reply. i don't have a computer access since i'm on the road for sometime, so i'll wait for the update, no worries.

since the game is quite old by now, my guess is most people played it from the beginning of the series, so they didn't experience the same issues. whereas i found about it just a week ago, so i just picked an expansion that seemed appealing to me :) but i've seen another post about the rope issue too, so i may just be the one to report...
icedevice

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:51 am

Let's hope Apple works fast and you can continue playing. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby cloudtirones » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:09 pm

I am searching for a buyer of firebird feather then I saw this thread. Pretty old but fyi you can sold lavabird at light armor shop in eldfell, you need to talk to him to sell
cloudtirones

Return to General Discussion