Thor's Hammer HD Expansion Confirmed!

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Thor's Hammer HD Expansion Confirmed!

Postby macatron » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Hello fellow Questers! I recently saw a post from Catacomber stating that they plan on making their next expansion, Thor's Hammer, for the HD version of the game! That would be make it the first HD expansion after The Islands of Ice and Fire. This is REALLY awesome news, and I hope it's just the beginning because I'd LOVE to see more expansions in HD. :D

Here's a link to the post:
http://www.catacomber.com/index.php/for ... lity#10959
macatron

Re: Thor's Hammer HD Expansion Confirmed!

Postby Noob Saibot » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Oooooooh,nice
Noob Saibot

Postby mangoose » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:08 pm

As cool as that is, to be honest I'm more interested in the old expansions getting ported.
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby macatron » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:22 pm

mangoose wrote:As cool as that is, to be honest I'm more interested in the old expansions getting ported.

Oh, I definitely agree. I'm just happy to see that another HD expansion is in the works. :)
macatron

Postby macatron » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Here's a quote from Elendil that he posted in the Touch Arcade forums. I've got to admit that I'm REALLY excited at seeing user made content. :D

Well, I can't promise that Catacomber will finish it, but she has definitely started working on it.

This is possible because I've finished the first version of the updated editor. She is basically the betatester.

The plan is to add full Steam Workshop integration to the Steam version. That way anyone can create expansions (not just Catacomber), either free or paid. Any expansion which we deem good enough we can then bring to iOS and Android too (if their creator wants it).
macatron

Postby Catacomber » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:49 am

The only reason I decided not to start with porting an old expansion is that graphics have to be redrawn for HD. It's better to start with a new expansion where I can use the current HD graphics. Sylon is awfully busy with Quest 2. I don't want to press him right now.
Catacomber

Postby macatron » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:58 am

Catacomber wrote:The only reason I decided not to start with porting an old expansion is that graphics have to be redrawn for HD. It's better to start with a new expansion where I can use the current HD graphics. Sylon is awfully busy with Quest 2. I don't want to press him right now.

Makes perfect sense to me! :D Thanks for replying!
macatron

Postby Catacomber » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:03 am

It's bad enough I had to ask him to redraw the Viking ship he made for the old Quest. :). The amount of work he did to make the HD version is amazing. So many objects! Of course I can change the palettes and have fine cursed Vikings without having to ask for anything to be redrawn. :)

Besides, I think the most exciting thing is that you will be able to make your own.
Catacomber

Postby FEV47 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Release date?
FEV47

Postby Catacomber » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:57 am

ASAP! Testing like mad. :) It's a big world!
Catacomber

Postby FEV47 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:37 am

No rush. Just asking. :)
FEV47

Return to General Discussion