Top tips for min/max. Randomised starting skills

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Top tips for min/max. Randomised starting skills

Postby Jim » Sat May 13, 2017 11:42 am

Tldr when you create a new character your starting skills can vary by up to 5 points. Keep recreating your character till you get the stats you want.

Hi guys. I'm really new to TQ, but absolutely love it. Only a few days since getting it in the playtore sale and I want to reroll and make an amazingly overpowered character.

I've been reading a lot of the discussions on these forums and steam to plan the best possible playthrough, and I've noticed something that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else (sorry if this is old news).

If you create a new character and check your stats as soon as you start the game then your starting skills vary by up to 5 points (between 15 and 20 for a main skill). From a min/max perspective that is important if you are planning to use light weapons (as there are no trainers) and possibly alchemy if you want to use enchanted gear to make permanent attribute potions at level 1.

If anyone has any tips to make the best possible endame character please share them.
Jim

Re: Top tips for min/max. Randomised starting skills

Postby cloudtirones » Mon May 22, 2017 11:03 pm

I have some tips.. first i earn money and use them to train any shop.. i save my skill points and use them until there's no other show who can train my skills.. skills capped is 100 i think.. but you can increase those by reading books.. max your skill first then read books... in the no expansion added "the quest" theres no light attck trainer and attack magic.. but in the expansion isles of ice and fire.. you can train your light attack up to lvl 70.. and magic attack .. and in early game buy some enchanted suit to enchant your alchemy to make some permanent potion.. you can only use 1 permanent potion per lvl sa plan carefully..

Str gives damage and storage
Dex damage and storage
Endurance health storage poison and disease resistance
Int mana magic and magic resistance
Personality paralysis resistance
cloudtirones

Postby Bryan Miller » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey Jim thanks for this. Was not aware of it and made 6 different characters and added all the skills together each time. They were mostly between 260-270, but the last one I ended up getting 285, my highest by far, so i think im going to stick with that one!
Bryan Miller

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Just a note. I've significantly increased the skill limit (to 500), in anticipation of all the expansions (and character levels) Zarista will bring. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Bryan Miller » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:Just a note. I've significantly increased the skill limit (to 500), in anticipation of all the expansions (and character levels) Zarista will bring. ;)

Holy crap, very good to know. So no need to save skill books anymore or save them if i were to ever get a skill to 500?
Bryan Miller

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Bryan Miller wrote:Holy crap, so no need to save skill books anymore or save them if i ever get a skill to 500?

I guess. :D
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Tract » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:12 pm

I have been hoarding the books on my character since I made it, haven't touched them yet, so no reason to blow them now when i may want them in the distant future. Is this change already implemented?
Tract

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Yes, but only in the Steam version yet. It'll be in the next update for the other versions.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Sekhmet » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:00 am

cloudtirones wrote:
ice and fire.. you can train your light attack up to lvl 70.. and magic attack

do you know where's that magic trainer? i've been looking for a minute but havent found it.
Sekhmet

Postby Bryan Miller » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:18 am

Sekhmet wrote:
cloudtirones wrote:
ice and fire.. you can train your light attack up to lvl 70.. and magic attack

do you know where's that magic trainer? i've been looking for a minute but havent found it.

Abbey of Thule
Bryan Miller

Return to General Discussion