Forum confussion

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Forum confussion

Postby ducksinn » Sat May 20, 2017 1:43 pm

First, I have been playing Quest HD for about 2-3 weeks. AWESOME game. I haven't had a game pull me in and hold my attention like this for a long time. I love the "old school" turned based play, there are plenty of quests and plenty of options in character developments. I would recommend this game to anyone looking for a turned based RPG. (side note: I am a little disappointed to hear that the next expansion/evolution is going to in-game purchases. I find this tends to destroy the game play over time as the developers are looking for new ways to make fast money. However, I also understand that they aren't doing this for nothing. So thank you for your hard work.)

Finally, here is the point of my subject. I have found this forum to be full of great information. However it is a bit confusing filtering through the guides as they all appear to be for "the quest" I'm just now learning that not everything crosses over to HD from Classic. I have learned to look at the date of the post to help me know if it is for Classic, II, or HD.

SO, how much carries of from Classic to HD? i.e potions lists, how books are used, how skills expand, etc.
ducksinn

Re: Forum confussion

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun May 21, 2017 8:24 am

We'll use in-app purchases for expansion in our new games because having them as seperate apps is confusing and unwieldy. For The Quest on iOS and Android we'll keep the system but it's better if we use other methods for our new games.

This doesn't imply anything about "making fast money". ;) An expansion is an expansion, whether it's a separate app or an in-app-purchase. To see how it'll work (just more polished), just look at the mac app store version of The Quest. It's already using in-app-purchases for the expansions.

As for your other concern, it's unfounded. All guides are equally appliable to the old and the new version (as far as they are appliable, some are less then perfect ;)). There were no significant gameplay changes. (Here is some information on the changes: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4204#p11529)

The only exception is that the Islands of Ice and Fire expansion main quest line has been reworked to be more streamlined. This hopefully means that you'll don't need a guide as much. :)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby ducksinn » Sun May 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks Elendil! Thanks for the clarification on in-game purchase, that make sense. I was just hoping its not having to buy supplies, weapons, spells. etc.

Also thanks for the clarification on the guide. I guess I was confessed because I have seen some name changes on skills. Also I cant seem to make any of the higher level potions even I "dress" for alchemy. When I follow the guide I am not even given the option for such potions as robot oil. etc....
ducksinn

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun May 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Robot Oil is in one of Zarista's expansions. As I said, the guides are not perfect. :)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion