Best Race and Primary Skills?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Best Race and Primary Skills?

Postby Bryan Miller » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:46 am

Hello,

So I am not new to this game as I put a lot of hours into The Quest Classic in the past, and just bought the HD version on iPhone.

I am no expert though and also made some dumb decisions when making my first character in The Quest Classic, so this time, I want to have the best character possible. I would like to hear from veterans on what race and primary skills to choose. Also any other tips for min/maxing my character are welcomed! Thanks!
Bryan Miller

Re: Best Race and Primary Skills?

Postby Bryan Miller » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:20 pm

In case anyone is interested, after lots of research and reading basically every race and skill related post here, i decided to go with Nogur and the skills i chose were Heavy Weapon, Heavy Armor, Block, Repair, Alchemy, and Persuasion. I was going to choose dual wield but after reading about it, decided not to.

I read the Etherim is the most well balanced race, and that i should use light weapons, but im a heavy weapon guy and really wanted to use them, so thats why i went with the nogur.
Bryan Miller

Postby Prickett » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:39 pm

My first many characters were Nogurs, and I'm currently playing an Etherium. I chose to try an archer on the HD version because of the addition of the "I" and "II" tabs next to the attack button. I always got tired of switching between my melee and ranged weapons. Also try environmental magic next time over repair or alchemy. You'll be able to enchant your own gear to a much higher degree.
Prickett

Postby Bryan Miller » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Prickett wrote:My first many characters were Nogurs, and I'm currently playing an Etherium. I chose to try an archer on the HD version because of the addition of the "I" and "II" tabs next to the attack button. I always got tired of switching between my melee and ranged weapons. Also try environmental magic next time over repair or alchemy. You'll be able to enchant your own gear to a much higher degree.

Thanks for the info. I wasnt far in at all so i ended up making a new character and replaced Alchemy with Environmental magic.

So my final primary skills ended up being Heavy Weapon, Heavy Armor, Block, Environmental Magic, Repair, Persuasion.
Bryan Miller

Return to General Discussion