Visibility of explored areas on map

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Visibility of explored areas on map

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:35 pm

While playing Thor's Hammer, I had to draw my own map to remember where each area I had explored was. So I thought that it might make sense to ask this: would it be possible to make the map show all explored areas (alternatively, just the names), either permanently (ideally) or by casting a spell or similar?
iwastetimeongames

Re: Visibility of explored areas on map

Postby wolf3167 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:55 pm

It might be helpful if you compiled all of these questions into a list and made one big post.
wolf3167

Postby iwastetimeongames » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:58 pm

wolf3167 wrote:It might be helpful if you compiled all of these questions into a list and made one big post.

That would make that *my* personal list of questions, whereas I was trying to be of help to all forum users by allowing each to monitor the one/several topics they may be interested in, independently of the ones they're not. But I can go ahead and make a one-post list, if that's more helpful.
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:03 am

Personally, I find one big post with lots of questions/topics to be extremely tedious to answer and it makes it harder for other forumites to find an answer to any specific question they might have. I know there are two possible views about this but I'd always vote for individual threads on different topics as it's much less confusing and easier to answer if you have an answer and much easier to follow. I absolutely need some catnip personally when I see one big post with lots of questions. It's very depressing. : ) I always try to answer though, after a lot of catnip. : )

At my forum I always encourage individual threads with unique titles for questions--it's a whole lot easier on me and it makes it much better for anyone who might find the thread helpful. My worst nightmare is a thread entitled "Some questions". : ) Cause someone who might know the answer to those will never help out because they might not know all the answers or even have an opinion on all the answers and I know I've got a rough row to plow. Yet, I always do the best I can and answer. But such threads are not very helpful.

And they don't ignite other players' imagination about the game. You never know when one question will take off and inspire a good discussion--if a lot of questions or ideas are lumped together--they are generally often ignored.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:47 am

Catacomber wrote:Personally, I find one big post with lots of questions/topics to be extremely tedious to answer and it makes it harder for other forumites to find an answer to any specific question they might have. I know there are two possible views about this but I'd always vote for individual threads on different topics as it's much less confusing and easier to answer if you have an answer and much easier to follow. I absolutely need some catnip personally when I see one big post with lots of questions. It's very depressing. : ) I always try to answer though, after a lot of catnip. : )

At my forum I always encourage individual threads with unique titles for questions--it's a whole lot easier on me and it makes it much better for anyone who might find the thread helpful. My worst nightmare is a thread entitled "Some questions". : ) Cause someone who might know the answer to those will never help out because they might not know all the answers or even have an opinion on all the answers and I know I've got a rough row to plow. Yet, I always do the best I can and answer. But such threads are not very helpful.

And they don't ignite other players' imagination about the game. You never know when one question will take off and inspire a good discussion--if a lot of questions or ideas are lumped together--they are generally often ignored.

I know I did the right thing when Cat agrees :)
iwastetimeongames

Return to General Discussion