Reveal level secrets

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Reveal level secrets

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:45 pm

I remember from some other RPGs (perhaps Baldur's Gate?) that a spell existed to alert the caster to the presence of secrets in a certain area/level. Not the location, but the presence. Is that something you would consider implementing? I'm one of those whose horror vacui will lead to visiting every single bit of the map looking for secrets – but that would give a different sense of closure.
iwastetimeongames

Re: Reveal level secrets

Postby wolf3167 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:47 pm

The game is no longer updated except when a new expansion is released. Redshift is working on a sequel for the game and probably aren't interested in adding such a feature, especially considering that it's not exactly widely-requested.
wolf3167

Postby Catacomber » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:15 am

Elendil just updated the PC version to improve repair. Not sure if that will extend to ios and android but I imagine it will. However, an update like the one suggested here might be too much work but it is interesting.
: ) No harm in asking. : ) In our expansions you often get a hint. For example, in the Hero of Lukomorye series, you have Agent Kolobok in your backpack and he often alerts you to secrets.

Quest2 is a lot of work for Redshift so I imagine they have to balance what they can do to update TQ and what we in our expansions have to try to compensate for.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Catacomber wrote:Elendil just updated the PC version to improve repair. Not sure if that will extend to ios and android but I imagine it will. However, an update like the one suggested here might be too much work but it is interesting.
: ) No harm in asking. : ) In our expansions you often get a hint. For example, in the Hero of Lukomorye series, you have Agent Kolobok in your backpack and he often alerts you to secrets.

Quest2 is a lot of work for Redshift so I imagine they have to balance what they can do to update TQ and what we in our expansions have to try to compensate for.

Thanks! That helps more than being told something is "not exactly widely requested".
iwastetimeongames

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:44 am

We should really be working on The Quest 2. There will be no more updates to The Quest, sorry.

Repair was an exception, it was something which was on my mind in the past and it was a very quick (few seconds :)) change. (Of course creating a release is much more involved, but still.) I'll try and fix any serious bugs found, of course.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion