Some suggestions for improve the game

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Some suggestions for improve the game

Postby Berzetoberze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi everybody!

Before I start, I want to say in advance I'm sorry for my english, It's not my native language.

I have finished The Quest, Islands of Ice and Fire, Thor's Hammer and Hero of Lukormoye I.

And now I will say what to improve in the game for a better experience (in my point of view)

- When you discover a item or a event happens and a pop-up will appear. Near all the time, I can't see it because I'm suprised and I follow my way and the pop-up disappear. This is will be great if the pop-up block all the buttons temporaly for read what's happening or lock the screen and unlock until you click on "ok"
- Sometimes some enemy can pass through the wall... I have many example, the worst was the Serviles Chief who pass through three walls!!! And I don't have to wait level 18 to pass in the room who is supposed to be.
- All the yellow items can't be sell, it's too bad because some of them are very useless (no quests needed it) and you can only drop them...
- At the beginning of all the games and expansions, this is will be great if you can have a paper or a sign who tell who trains what but not the location of the trainers for not make too many spoil.
- An explanation for the attributes and skills will be very helpful like the spells!

And that's all for the moment, thank you for reading.
Berzetoberze

Re: Some suggestions for improve the game

Postby Catacomber » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:20 am

Although I don't have any control over the things you point out in your comments, the one comment I'm concerned about is the monsters appearing through a wall. This appears to be some kind of graphical bug. I hope it can be corrected somehow. We had this in Thor's Hammer in one specific place. I tried to fix it by moving the monster and adding some more walls between the monster and the player. Not sure what causes this.
Catacomber

Postby Spam Troll » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:57 am

Catacomber wrote:Although I don't have any control over the things you point out in your comments, the one comment I'm concerned about is the monsters appearing through a wall. This appears to be some kind of graphical bug. I hope it can be corrected somehow. We had this in Thor's Hammer in one specific place. I tried to fix it by moving the monster and adding some more walls between the monster and the player. Not sure what causes this.

Collision detection seems to be buggier/glitchier in Quest HD than the classic engine. I assume because it's newer and Thor/Elendil hasn't 'hammered' down all the stray critters yet.
Spam Troll

Postby Catacomber » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 am

Can you send Elendil some save files with examples? And let him know details? He's done a wonderful job with the HD editor and if it's something traceable that he can easily fix, why not bring it to his attention? I haven't had a problem with collision detection and I've been trudging through testing three games now in HD. My testers haven't had a problem either. Need more info. : ) But we are testing on Steam. Maybe you're playing on mobile?
Catacomber

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 am

Spam Troll wrote:Collision detection seems to be buggier/glitchier in Quest HD than the classic engine. I assume because it's newer and Thor/Elendil hasn't 'hammered' down all the stray critters yet.

Hmm, who is this "Thor/Elendil"? :)

In any case, I loathe to repeat myself, but as I've said quite a few times, I wasn't the one who programmed The Quest originally (only the graphics) and the internals are less than "perfect", so to say. :cry: I've fixed countless bugs but at this time I just have to let it go. We are just two guys (and I'm the only programmer) and The Quest 2 needs all our attention.

I'd love to fix any remaining bugs of course, but as Catacomber said, I'd need a save file and instructions on how to reproduce the problem to have a chance at figuring it out (I've scouried the source trying to find bugs long enough :D).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion