Classic PC Version. Available?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Classic PC Version. Available?

Postby Khaelenmore » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:57 pm

Hello. Is it possible to buy The Quest Classic for the PC? I don't see it on site, but I would like to have it because of expansion packs(If I understand correctly I can't use old ones on HD version? Are they compatible with all platforms?) and for historical reasons.
Khaelenmore

Re: Classic PC Version. Available?

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:34 am

The old PC version is included with the Steam version, in a folder in the install folder of the game.

Only on Windows, but it'll only run on Windows anyway. There is no support for it. ;) You'll need to decompress it into whatever folder you'd like to use. Just put old *.pdb expansions into the same folder.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Khaelenmore » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Thank you for your response.

I guess, I'll wait for drm-free version then. I prefer to avoid Steam whenever possible(I know that not all games contain DRM, but I also don't like having a heavy client running in the background even if I need it only for updates and installing) . And for now I'll stick with Palm version.
Also, are there plans to make Android version available drm-free? I would also buy it then, but not on Google Play.

I've just sent you an email regarding the purchases.
Khaelenmore

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:04 am

Currently we have no plans to release The Quest on other platforms. (This might change, but it's almost completely sure that we'll not release the Android version elsewhere than the Play Store.)

The old version on PC doesn't require Steam, it's just included with it.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion