IOS Game Center Achievements

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

IOS Game Center Achievements

Postby rummy1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:35 pm

I can’t seem to find where to view my achievements in this game. Is there something I’m missing? This is one of the few games I’d like to see them on.
rummy1

Re: IOS Game Center Achievements

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:57 am

The game was designed so you could view your achievements in the Game Center app. However Apple has removed the app a while back. It seems they are not really interested in the feature any more.

Presumably they expect the game to show you your achievements, but as I'm the only programmer on the team (of two :lol:), I just don't have the time, sorry. The Quest will not receive any new updates, apart from fixes for critical bugs. And new expansions, of course, if/when they are created.

(Seeing how they handle these things, I'm not entirely sure we'll add achivements to The Quest 2 on iOS, but we'll see.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby rummy1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Thanks for the reply! That’s a bummer though. I would like to see the achievements in The Quest 2 as well. What language did you code this game in?
rummy1

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:14 am

The Quest was programmed mainly in C++. There are platform specific bits in other languages. Some Objective-C on iOS and quite a lot Java on Android.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion