Undo attributes / Keep skills

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Undo attributes / Keep skills

Postby iwastetimeongames » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:20 pm

I may be stating the obvious, but I have noticed, completely by chance, that one can increase attribute values in order to make it possible for certain skill-books to be read and have those skills go up, and then go back and undo the attribute increase without decreasing the newly learned skills. In other words I may need to go up to 100 personality to reach 210 mind points by reading from a book, but then I can decrease personality (and recover attribute points) and still keep the 210 mind points.

Is this an expected behavior? Is there any technical harm in increasing/decreasing attributes this way?
iwastetimeongames

Re: Undo attributes / Keep skills

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 am

I don't think it's the intended behaviour, but I think it won't cause any problems.

(I won't check every place for it now, that would take a lot of time. But as far as I remember, sufficient attribute point levels are only checked when you are trying to increase skills. But this also means that you cannot just increase skills indefinitely, because the attributes must be high enough at least when you are trying to increase your skills.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion