Hi i am new to this game and am wondering how to get started

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Hi i am new to this game and am wondering how to get started

Postby thekittymancer9000 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:31 pm

I decided to buy the quest classic gold because it looked amazing :D
and being new to the series I was wondering how to get started.
a few questions I have are:

what kind of build should I go for my first char.

are all the dlcs worth buying I'm kind of a "collectionist" and if some are and some aren't I would like to know which are and which aren't

how do I start the main quest.

and how many hours of game time will I get if I buy all the dlc I've heard the base game is 100 hours.
thekittymancer9000

Re: Hi i am new to this game and am wondering how to get sta

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:12 am

Thank you for buying the game! May I ask why have you decided on he Classic version if you haven't played the game before? The updated version looks and plays better I think. Of course it's still the same game, so you'll hopefully enjoy it very much!

I think for a first character I'd go for a straightforward fighter build. The default character/primary skills the game gives you is quite good for this. Then just pick the best weapon/armor you find or can afford and hack away. ;) On level up, always improve your Dexterity first and don't forget Endurance and of course always put enought points into Light Weapon/Armor. If you take it slow, talk to everyone and do all the quests available to you and move to new areas when you've reasonably cleared everything the game should be smooth sailing.

If you want to play a more social character and not a lone fighter, I recommend replacing the Repair skill with Persuasion and also improving your Personality regularly. Persuading people to see your way or reward you more generously is quite worth it.

If you start a new character, right at the start you'll talk to a guy and you'll get your main quest.

The Gold version not only contains our own expansion but Hero of Lukomorye I & II too, it'll take a lot of time to get through all of that. I wouldn't worry about buying other expansions just yet. After you've played though all of what you have, I think you'll know whether you want more or not. As for how many hours it all takes, I cannot even guess, sorry. :)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion