Unlocking Doors as a Mage

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Unlocking Doors as a Mage

Postby Necromancer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:43 pm

So I have a Mage build, low dex.
How do I get through high level locked doors.
I’m level 14 and the best I have is a 60 unlock wand.
Necromancer

Re: Unlocking Doors as a Mage

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:30 am

You can learn the Unlock spell yourself and improve your Environment magic enough to get through most doors.

However, not all doors are unlockable even with very high skills. I wouldn't worry much about it, you can get more than enough loot without going through every door. As a mage type build, your skill points are better spent elsewhere, most likely. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Xose » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:15 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:However, not all doors are unlockable even with very high skills.

Is this the case of one particular cell at Mythria prison? I tried to unlock it by all means (picking, strong unlock wand...) but no success yet.
Xose

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:32 am

I think cells in prisons are supposed to be unlocked (you are most likely to get to the prison if you play a thieving character ;)). Maybe your unlock skill is just too low.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Xose » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:I think cells in prisons are supposed to be unlocked (you are most likely to get to the prison if you play a thieving character ;)). Maybe your unlock skill is just too low.

I tried again (lockpick level 59), even with a wand of strong unlock (level 90), and no success yet... but I think it is the door to the cell where you are jailed during the Confession Quest, 'cause right now I have this cell fully mapped while the first time I've been prisoned there (during the Find Rubor in Prison Quest) was not.
Xose

Return to General Discussion