Video quality of iOS games

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Video quality of iOS games

Postby FnkyJoe » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:32 am

Quick question - which games on the iOS App Store are in HD?
FnkyJoe

Re: Video quality of iOS games

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:21 am

The Quest and all expansions. (Without "Classic" in their name.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Jerome » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I am on iOS and before few weeks I have bought the quest gold and bought quite a few expansions with it as well. is there a way to transfer my character to HD version of the game? I dont want to start completely anew and I have char over lvl 40 with badass equipment. I dont mind buying everything again in appstore in HD but that char would be a shame to lose. Thank you for your answer be it positive or negative
Jerome

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:23 am

I may be wrong but I don't think it's possible. On the positive side, there are a lot of expansions in the Classic version that have not yet been ported to HD that your level 40 character could play. Trying to get there to port them but it takes time because I enjoy also making new expansions for the HD version.

There is a lot of good, new equipment in the HD version and there are new expansions already there that are not available in the Classic version like Thor's Hammer and Macha's Curse and you could try a new character, like a Nogur or a Rasvim. They say Rasvim have more fun. : ) You could still develop your character in the classic version while developing a new character in the HD version.

The quests in our expansions in the Classic version and those ported to the HD versions are different so you might have some fun comparing.

I was level 75 in the Classic version when I had to start over to test the HD version but I didn't miss being a higher level because I had new worlds to explore. I think that's the fun of the Quest. Taking your character to explore new worlds. Or trying a new one who has to face what's out there. I've started over playing the Quest many times at level one, trying new characters.
Catacomber

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:41 am

Saves are not compatible between the regular and the Classic versions, sorry.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Jerome » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:35 am

Cat, I have started anew multiple times (I began with Quest quite few years ago, than forgotten about it, picked it up few years later, played the hell out of it, forgotten about it again and few weeks ago I started playing again.) I had lvl 50 Derth and began anew (Etherim) because as Derth I was reading books as I came across them, only later realized I should have saved them for after I maxed out a skill. It has been bugging me since level 30, I took it to lvl 50 and started anew. In most games I enjoy end game and maxing out stats. I enjoy discovering something what I havent seen more than I do rediscovering where I have already been. I am not saying that I didn't enjoy The Quest till I was certain level, not at all, Quest is great. But I dont have that much time to play (busy as hell with work and girlfriend). So with the hours I can put in per week, I will get where I am in next two-three months maybe. That being said, I will probably do it anyway :D

Elendil, I understand that you don't want to burn mandays on feature that has little impact on overall product, but is there char transfer on the roadmap somewhere? Like when you enable expansion, it modifies data in base game. In a similiar way, you could maybe make character transfer when you have Quest Classic and Quest HD Installed. You could transfer gear and stats, remove marked positions from unavailable expansions, remove quests and spells that should not have been possible in HD version. I am not sure what else could pose problems (well, once you figure out how to link data between these versions, that is).

Sorry, I didn't plan for this message to be this long, I am at work and this was nice opportunity to think about something else :)
Have a nice day! :)
Jerome

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:27 am

Character transfers will not be a thing, sorry.

(It could be done, like almost everything, with horrendous amounts time spent on it. It would require a stupid amount of manual checking and massaging of the game data. ;))
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion