Magic Spell Cost

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Magic Spell Cost

Postby Cortland300 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:31 pm

I’m currently running the game as a pure mage who focuses on Attack, Mind Magic, Enchantment, and Alchemy. Whenever I level up either of my skills, the cost of mana for the spells in that class of magic basically skyrockets. Is there a way to reduce the cost?

I am trying to conserve mana but fireball will go from 25 to 45 to 60 and so on when I level up and my mana isn’t going up that much from adding points to intelligence. Also, my drain mana spells, both touch and long distance version barely absorb any mana compared to the cost of casting.
Believe in Jesus as the son of GOD, repent from your sins, and you shall be saved.
Cortland300

Re: Magic Spell Cost

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:40 am

Yes, spells will cost more as you improve them, because they do more (higher damage, etc.).

You can improve your mana capacity by increasing your intelligence. You can also increase mana by enchanting your equipment with fortify mana. (There are people in the world who can do that for you.)

You can also carry mana potions. You are not really supposed to fling fireballs non-stop. You can still be very powerful, even if you have to replenish your mana regularly. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Cortland300 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Lol I try not to cast too much magic of my own. I usually use wands as a substitute when I don’t want to waste too much mana. I’m just at the point where my own magic attacks are stronger than the strongest wands I find. Thank you though, I’m going to make some mana boosted armor.
Believe in Jesus as the son of GOD, repent from your sins, and you shall be saved.
Cortland300

Postby dreaders » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Put Drain Mana on a weapon, and then when you run low whack em with a stick a couple of times. Makes for interesting encounters - I tend to judge how many enemies I see, and think about which do I blast-wipe out, and who am I going to stand toe to toe to replenish.

Simple version of tactics, but quite enjoyable.
dreaders

Postby Ellderr » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Jewelry and staffs, possibly something else as well, can be used to fortify MAGIC which is way better IMO than mana since it makes all your spells more powerful without increasing mana cost
Ellderr

Return to General Discussion