Cloud saves?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Cloud saves?

Postby Luuthian » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Any chance the game might see cloud saves in their future or is that a whole other thing to impliment? I’ve been playing on both my iPad and iPhone and it’d be nice to use iCloud to pick up from either device in the future maybe
Luuthian

Re: Cloud saves?

Postby Tulki » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:06 am

I've really been hoping for this as well, though I'm guessing that most of their efforts are focused on The Quest 2.

I'd really like it even if the cloud upload was manual rather than automatic. With a game as huge as this I'm always paranoid about losing saves. Afaik you can rip the save off of an iPhone to back up on the PC but that's increasingly difficult to do as Apple locks down the system more with every iOS update.
Tulki

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 am

As said, our hands are full with The Quest 2. We are just two guys and I'm the only programmer. I'd like to do it but I cannot promise any concrete date, sorry.

In the meantime, as also said, you can backup your saves with iTunes File Sharing. (See details here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4624)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Luuthian » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:42 am

All good, I’m running a mage on one device and a fighter on the other. It’s nice to have but not a deal breaker.

Hopefully it’s something that’ll we’ll see in The Quest 2 then!
Luuthian

Postby Drifter » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:06 am

Afaik you can rip the save off of an iPhone to back up on the PC but that's increasingly difficult to do as Apple locks down the system more with every iOS update.

And that's one of the many reasons I switched from Apple to Android. I couldn't be happier.

I have no problems backing up my Quest saved game files to my PC from my 13.5" Android tablet. I love the freedom Android offers. No longer forced to update to the latest iOS. No longer forced to use iTunes. No more overpriced devices lacking basic features such as headphone jacks and expandable micro USB storage. No more Apple. :mrgreen:
Drifter

Return to General Discussion