dlc / expansion order

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

dlc / expansion order

Postby omniov » Wed May 16, 2018 7:29 pm

hi,

I tried to search the board but with no luck, sorry for maybe duplicate topic

I've just bought the quest on android. remember playing it years and years back on palm and it was great. the question(s) is(are):

- is there any specific order in whic all those dlc and expansion(s) in play store should be played (like level requirements / suggested level)? there's quite a lot of them
- should they be played after finishing main game or at some points in main game?
- is there any benefit in having dlcs / expansions during playing main game?

thanks
omniov

Re: dlc / expansion order

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 pm

I recommend playing through the main game then Islands of Ice and Fire. They are meant to be played that way.

The other expansions are meant to be played from different starting points. I think Zarista even reshuffled some of them from how they were originally. (The level requirement/suggestion is noted in all expansion descriptions, though. ;))

In any case, these expansions:
- Thor's Hammer (new character)
- Hero of Lukomorye (level 23 recommended, a character which completed Islands of Ice and Fire is the best)
- Celtic Rift (level 15 recommended, start with a character which completed the main game)
- Hero of Lukomorye 2 (level 29 recommended, best continued from HOL)
- Macha's Curse (level 40 recommended, continue with a character from HOL2)
- Celtic Queen (level 45 recommended, continue with a character from Macha's Curse)

All expansions are supposed to be played separately, one after the other.

You can "cheat" a little and go to higher level expansions to get some higher level equipment but you might have trouble in some expansions where you start off with a fight and getting back without completing large parts of them might need Recall. It's just for extra fun anyway, it'll ruin the normal progression.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby omniov » Thu May 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:I recommend playing through the main game then Islands of Ice and Fire. They are meant to be played that way.

The other expansions are meant to be played from different starting points. I think Zarista even reshuffled some of them from how they were originally. (The level requirement/suggestion is noted in all expansion descriptions, though. ;))

In any case, these expansions:
- Thor's Hammer (new character)
- Hero of Lukomorye (level 23 recommended, a character which completed Islands of Ice and Fire is the best)
- Celtic Rift (level 15 recommended, start with a character which completed the main game)
- Hero of Lukomorye 2 (level 29 recommended, best continued from HOL)
- Macha's Curse (level 40 recommended, continue with a character from HOL2)
- Celtic Queen (level 45 recommended, continue with a character from Macha's Curse)

All expansions are supposed to be played separately, one after the other.

You can "cheat" a little and go to higher level expansions to get some higher level equipment but you might have trouble in some expansions where you start off with a fight and getting back without completing large parts of them might need Recall. It's just for extra fun anyway, it'll ruin the normal progression.

thanks! exactly what I needed to know :)
omniov

Postby cloudtirones » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Update? Lots of expansion has been uploaded
cloudtirones

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:09 pm

See this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6020#p16869

(Also as said in my previous post in this topic, all expansions list their level recommendations. ;) )
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Pyungwa » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:27 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:See this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6020#p16869

(Also as said in my previous post in this topic, all expansions list their level recommendations. ;) )

Unrelated question. Will all of the other expansions be ported to steam?? I love the game and would like to play the other Zarista additions!
Pyungwa

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:07 am

Pyungwa wrote:Unrelated question. Will all of the other expansions be ported to steam?? I love the game and would like to play the other Zarista additions!

It depends on them (Zarista). I'd suggest asking Catacomber. ;) (They have retouched/recreated most of their old expansions by now.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Qrak95 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:23 pm

The Quest expansion order

Thor Hammer (new character)
Asteroids (4lvl)
Islands of ice and fire (14lvl)
Celtic Rift (15lvl)
Mithril Horde (21lvl)
Hero Lukomorye (23lvl)
Hero Lukomorye II (29lvl)
Macha Curse (40lvl)
Celtic Queen (45lvl)
Hero Lukomorye III (50lvl)
Caerworn Castle (60lvl)
Celtic Doom (65lvl)
Hero of Lukomorye IV (70lvl)
Basilisk's Eye (75lvl)
Hero of Lukomorye V (80lvl)
:)
Qrak95

Postby Catacomber » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:21 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:
Pyungwa wrote:Unrelated question. Will all of the other expansions be ported to steam?? I love the game and would like to play the other Zarista additions!

It depends on them (Zarista). I'd suggest asking Catacomber. ;) (They have retouched/recreated most of their old expansions by now.)

Yes. As long as my paws and eyes hold out. Working on Horde II AND Cursed Chess Set AND a new one all at the same time. When you have to stay inside all the time due to COVID, there is nothing much else to do. : )
Catacomber

Return to General Discussion