Fortify personalty potions (non-permanent)

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Fortify personalty potions (non-permanent)

Postby Totallylost » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:52 am

Are these useful for anything other than loot to sell for gold to buy other loot? Or are these meant to be used for those parts of the game where a higher persuasion level comes in handy (possibly easier to just have equipment that's been enchanted with additional persuasion points)?

Would be interested to know if anyone has any creative uses for them...
Totallylost

Re: Fortify personalty potions (non-permanent)

Postby Totallylost » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:22 am

Sadly replying to my own topic but I even tested whether these potions would buff any mind magic spells (e.g. paralyse or curse) as their base attribute is personality but the effects of these spells appears to be the same whether or not I'd gulped down a fortify personality potion beforehand (at least according to detect mind).
Totallylost

Postby cloudtirones » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:40 pm

raising personality is different from raising mind magic. fortifying personality raising the passive effect of it. like fortifying endurance raising health
cloudtirones

Postby cloudtirones » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:43 pm

i think it raises paralysis resistant
cloudtirones

Postby Totallylost » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:31 pm

cloudtirones wrote:i think it raises paralysis resistant

Yes, it probably does but would have thought that if you're worried about paralysis you're always going to get more bang for your buck if you chug down a paralysis resistance potion than with a fortify personality potion.
Totallylost

Postby Totallylost » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:36 pm

cloudtirones wrote:raising personality is different from raising mind magic. fortifying personality raising the passive effect of it. like fortifying endurance raising health

Hi, the reason I suggested this is that the manual indicates that the base attribute for the mind magic skill is personality so I thought it might be possible that boosting personality could improve your mind magic effects - same way that raising dexterity should mean you hit harder with light and ranged weapons as dexterity is the base attribute for these skills.
Totallylost

Return to General Discussion