A few questions about mechanics of game

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

A few questions about mechanics of game

Postby deathknight1728 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am

I am playing the quest basic game and i have a few questions.

1-does block have to be used with a shield or can you gain benefit from a onehanded sword/dagger and nothing else? (trying to play classic rogue)

2-when it comes down to melee defense (from dex) does that mean that with more dexterity, you have higher ac meaning higher chance to dodge?

3-What is the benefit to adding more points into mind, protection spells, like does it give you higher chance of success and or longer rounds (mind)?

Thanks for the great game.
deathknight1728

Re: A few questions about mechanics of game

Postby Druid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:09 am

1. Block is strictly for shield users. Just like dual wielding is for you.
2. Dexterity doesn't improve AC (armor class), but it DOES let you dodge more attacks.
3. You can't do more than one thing per round. Your magic falls into several categories: healing, shield (defense), attack, mind (psychic powers), environment (teleporting, making food, unlocking doors, etc.), and undead (black magic, specific to Rasvim). Increasing the level of these categories will let you cast stronger spells.
Druid

Postby Jacob_L » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:19 am

Correction to #2, Druid, but I beleive around every 4 points of investment to DEX, you gain an additional point of AC, unaffected by armors or artificial benefits.
Jacob_L

Postby deathknight1728 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:09 pm

interesting, i have another question. Is there different attacks available for weapons and how do i get them? Im looking through the manual and it says theres a backstab,etc.
deathknight1728

Postby Druid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Oh, wow. I didn't actually know that. Awesome.
Druid

Postby Jacob_L » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:17 pm

deathknight1728 wrote:interesting, i have another question. Is there different attacks available for weapons and how do i get them? Im looking through the manual and it says theres a backstab,etc.

As far as a four year veteran of The Quest knows, a "backstab" is a fib. EVERY enemy you encounter is ALWAYS facing the direction you are in, so coming up behind it is just about... impossible. There are no secret attacks, and especially no sneaky-backstab like attacks. Sorry guys.
Jacob_L

Return to General Discussion