Alignment : need some help

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Alignment : need some help

Postby Finaldoom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:51 am

Hello everyone, i need some help.

if I commit thefts or other things that make me decrease the alignment every time i've been arrested i loose forever dx and force or only temporally?

If i come back in that city ( for example ) i am arrested everytime?

thx to all
Finaldoom

Re: Alignment : need some help

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Your character has a Fame and a Crime statistic. You can check them on your character's info panel.

You can lower your Fame through various means, theft being one of them. This is repeatable. However you can only increase your Fame through various good deeds (quests) which are limited and not repeatable. If you don't want to lower your Fame too much, try not to do things which lower it. (If you don't care, do whatever you want. ;))

You can finish the game with any kind of Fame.

Your Crime is increased any time you commit a crime. This is also repeatable. When it's larger than zero, the guards will have a few words with you. ;) If it's not too large, you'll only have to pay a fine. If it's large they'll throw you into prison.

If you wait out your sentence, you'll be released and your criminal record is cleared. The guards will not arrest you for the same crime any more. But some of your stats will be lowered. This is permanent. You can't get it back. It's part of the price of being a criminal. :) (Well, you can't get those points back but you can get more experience, level up and add points to your stats, getting back what you've lost that way. Although grinding for experience will have diminishing returns as you level up because you'll need more and more.)

However, you don't have to wait out your sentence. If you are a skillful criminal, you can break out of prison and then you'll not suffer any attribute penalty.

Also, you can erase your criminal record by other means than serving a sentence. There are certain individuals who'll clean your record for a price. And then the guards will leave you be.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion