Spell Cost

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Spell Cost

Postby Cortland300 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:50 am

I have noticed that as you level certain magic classes, the mana cost will increase to compensate the spells damage increase. I completely understand that and think it’s a great mechanic to the game. The only issue I have had, as a pure mage, the drain mana and drain mana touch spells are bugged. For a pure mage, this spell is key to keeping up your mana points, but I realize that as I level my mind and personality and intelligence points, the cost of these spells are way too high compared to how much is actually drained. I am now sitting at 100 in mind magic with 75 in intelligence and 40 in personality. When I cast drain mana or drain mana touch, they both cost about 100 plus mana points but will only give me 70 mana points... I’m spending more points to use the spell than I am receiving back. What am I missing with this spell? Am I doing my leveling up wrong or is the spell just not properly balanced?
Believe in Jesus as the son of GOD, repent from your sins, and you shall be saved.
Cortland300

Re: Spell Cost

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:08 am

You've run into a quirk of the game. From what you describe it's definitely not balanced properly, sorry for that.

(Some explanation: The game has been out for a very long time now and core game mechanics like this have been around in their current form just as long. During that time The Quest has received lots of updates and fixes. But nowadays we really have to concentrate on our new game (we are just two guys). Also, originally I was only responsible for the graphics engine. The programmer who created most of the original game has left us a long time ago. All this combined means that I won't touch the game any more, apart from fixing serious bugs, of course. Still, I hope you find the game enjoyable enough, even with some of its quirks. :) )
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby mm6ff8 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:51 am

[quote="Elendil / Redshift"]You've run into a quirk of the game. From what you describe it's definitely not balanced properly, sorry for that.

(Some explanation: The game has been out for a very long time now and core game mechanics like this have been around in their current form just as long. During that time The Quest has received lots of updates and fixes. But nowadays we really have to concentrate on our new game (we are just two guys). Also, originally I was only responsible for the graphics engine. The programmer who created most of the original game has left us a long time ago. All this combined means that I won't touch the game any more, apart from fixing serious bugs, of course. Still, I hope you find the game enjoyable enough, even with some of its quirks. :) )[/quote]

Early last year, you're busy on The Quest 2 and no time to fix non-critical bugs, and almost 2 years passed, is it almost done, maybe non-public beta?
mm6ff8

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:59 am

We'll release info on the Quest 2 when it's time. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion