Journey to Vastrastes and Mithira

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Journey to Vastrastes and Mithira

Postby Unknown_Z » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:33 pm

(This is not a help topic or anything like that. But it has to do with the quest.)

What was your experience to your first time of setting out to Mithira or Vastrastes? It can be a great achievement for most people, as it took me a long time to man up and head to Vastrastes! Mithira was a lot longer, so I'll share my little story! Also post your below!

----------------------------------------------------Journey to the center of Mithira
----------------------------------------------------Now I was only lvl 7 when I manned up for heading to Mithira, but I knew not of the dangers! I quickly devised a plan to follow the shoreline to Mithira, but got lost when I tried it... For some reason I hit the forest with a lot of shamans, and if you have seen my earlier posts, this hurt me a lot! On my second attempt, in fear of getting lost, I followed the path, ignoring enemies as I marched in. That did not work, since I forgot there's a bridge pass... On my third attempt, I discovered phyrn. I never knew about it at that time to be honest, let alone it's importance. I quickly went to an inn and rested until morning, then got some supplies and set off once more, saving of course. THIS time I followed the shoreline accurately, and made it to the Orc slavery camp, a relatively peaceful part of freymore. I saved there and to my pleasant delight, I FOUND a barbarian leader... I killed him after a lot of heals but it left a dent in me, so I camped out for the rest of the day. Then I moved along following the shoreline, past the shaman-infested forest. At that time, eight thirty I think? (in game time) on day 27, I hit Mithira. A grand achievement after my many epic failures.

----------------------------------------------------Message to Sylon / Elendil:
I do not know if this is on the proper forum, general discussion. So please, feel free to move it at any time to the appropriate forum.
----------------------------------------------------If your still reading this, stop reading this part right now, and post your own story of your journey to Mithira or Vastrastes! If you have not gone to Mithira, use this as a little guide, and remember; follow the blue-brick shoreline! Lol... My kind of joke.
Unknown_Z

Re: Journey to Vastrastes and Mithira

Postby Jacob » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:50 pm

This was one of my favorite bits of the quest..
i belive i was a mage, but i used sword and shield because i sucked..:S
i ended up in matras, with help of the forums i managed to complete the sickness quest, and the other one after it :S
i could never get to vastaras, everytime i tried to go there, i ended up getting lost with about 5 orcs and 15 bandits chasing me.. i could never kill them, orcs killed me in two hits.. i was so angry and thought why is this game so god damn hard?!
i started again..
thing is.. i never knew about skillpoints -.-
i started using them, and i got to vasteras easyly.. :S
lol
Jacob
Jacob

Postby Matías111 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:35 am

Wow you both do it differently! I set goals before I allow myself to move to certain areas. Before I get to vastares I must be level 5+ and 10k, for phryn 10+ and 40k and for mithria lvl 13+ and 100k
Matías111

Postby Unknown_Z » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:50 am

Matías111 wrote:Wow you both do it differently! I set goals before I allow myself to move to certain areas. Before I get to vastares I must be level 5+ and
10k, for phryn 10+ and 40k and for mithria lvl 13+ and 100k

100k what? Lol... Post your tale!
Unknown_Z

Postby Jacob » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:40 pm

lol, i was just so eager to get to a big city, matras bores me.. i think the quest needs another expansion with a good storyline (like the main quest and Fire and ice, f&i was my favorite) i just think hol 1-5 has lost the storyline a bit ;)
Jacob
Jacob

Postby Unknown_Z » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Jacob wrote:lol, i was just so eager to get to a big city, matras bores me.. i think the quest needs another expansion with a good storyline (like the main quest and
Fire and ice, f&i was my favorite) i just think hol 1-5 has lost the storyline a bit ;)

A bit? You so nice! I get confused when I walk right in hol. Also for my great journey to Vastrastes, it wasn't anything... I just walked to Vastrastes, no getting lost, no death, kinda boring tale so I will not tell it! :)
Unknown_Z

Postby Zax-fa » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Did you know that when you get to phryn you can use town portal at the shoreline to get to mithria?
Zax-fa

Return to General Discussion