Favorite Card Deck?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Favorite Card Deck?

Postby SuperRegera » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:20 pm

We've all played the card game at some point. Some of us love it, others simply use it as a way for some quick cash. Like many of us, I've always found that the Necromancer deck has the greatest potential to end the game within a few turns but the other decks have things going for them as well. General consensus aside, what's your favorite deck in-game and how would you like to see the card game evolve in a potential future release in The Quest II?
Feel the earth below
A soft bed to lie down on
A sturdy defense
SuperRegera

Re: Favorite Card Deck?

Postby Prickett » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:50 pm

Definitely always been a fan of the necromancer deck. The other two just don’t have the fire power to deal with it. I will use the warrior deck from time to time, but very seldom do I use the mage deck.

One of the most natural updates to the game I’d like to see is being able to pick which marker gets replaced. This would reduce the luck factor, and make it easier to set up plays as the state of the game changes.
Prickett

Postby SuperRegera » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Yeah, Necromancer is my favorite as well, definitely the go-to for making some quick cash early-game during a Mithria Dash. I always dread facing the Sorcerer deck when playing as a Necromancer, though. The Necromancer has no ability to remove markers and then the sorcerer can stay at basically max hp for up to 10 turns. I don't like how the last 15 of my turns can be meaningless if they just draw a healing card. Makes it worse when everyone has infinite cards.

This leads me to some of the problems with the game. I agree that you should be able to choose a marker to eliminate. I also think that the game sometimes damages my markers inconsistently. sometimes they all take damage and sometimes only 1 does. I dont mean to bag on the card game too much though, I know it's old and I still really like it. One of the first achievments I earned when I bought the game on Steam was the one for winning 100 card games! :D
Feel the earth below
A sturdy defense
SuperRegera

Postby mistcloakedmountains » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:09 pm

One way to expand the game would be to have multiple AIs. This would take some thought on how to implement it. I'm thinking that you could have a pool of like 100 gamblers using 10 different AIs. Each inn would have a sub-pool of gamblers with some of them appearing in multiple inns and some in just one. Some would appear more often than others. This would allow the player to learn different gamblers styles and play differently against each one. It would also make it easier to have games which are harder to win instead of the current situation where an experienced player wins almost every time.
mistcloakedmountains

Postby KGold » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:16 pm

SuperRegera wrote:We've all played the card game at some point. Some of us love it, others simply use it as a way for some quick cash. Like many of us, I've always found that the Necromancer deck has the greatest potential to end the game within a few turns but the other decks have things going for them as well. General consensus aside, what's your favorite deck in-game and how would you like to see the card game evolve in a potential future release in The Quest II?

I've written a post on this very topic, you can check it out here if you want:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5841
:D
If you have been really too busy,
And you feel your head being dizzy,
It's recommended to have a rest,
I have a good offer-play the Quest! : )
KGold

Postby SuperRegera » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:18 am

One way to expand the game would be to have multiple AIs. This would take some thought on how to implement it. I'm thinking that you could have a pool of like 100 gamblers using 10 different AIs. Each inn would have a sub-pool of gamblers with some of them appearing in multiple inns and some in just one. Some would appear more often than others. This would allow the player to learn different gamblers styles and play differently against each one. It would also make it easier to have games which are harder to win instead of the current situation where an experienced player wins almost every time.

I definitely like the multiple AI idea, or at least some variation of it. Having the ability to play against different strategies at least would go a long way to improving the longevity of the card game. Going a step further, perhaps it could be possible to play in a tournament setting, against a variety of opponents to achieve victory over a meta-game as opposed to just one match. Or maybe even trading cards with NPC's kind of like The Witcher 3? Haha just a thought. :D
Feel the earth below
A sturdy defense
SuperRegera

Return to General Discussion