Good builds?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Good builds?

Postby Slappysquirrel321 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:19 pm

So I'm on my third build. Thieves suck, and I tried a battlemage eh. So I created a ranger type character. Idk if I messed up though, I'm halfway through the main game so not sure if I wanna start over. Ethereum race with-

Light weapons
Light armor
Accuracy
Block
Alchemy
Environmental magic

What are your guys builds?? Did I mess up putting environmental magic on there?
Slappysquirrel321

Re: Good builds?

Postby Prickett » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:34 pm

Nah, environmental magic is nice to have, I put it on most of my characters. Once you find the spellbook of enchant you can enchant items yourself, eventually being able to enchant higher than any shop in the game.
Prickett

Postby Slappysquirrel321 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Oh hell yeah! I got it for disarm and lockpick myself. But I read a guide and saw I messed up by reading the books that up your skills too early, so I'll just start over. Is persuasion good to have?
Slappysquirrel321

Postby Prickett » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:49 pm

That was an old post you read. In the classic version, skills capped at 100 and could be increased past that by reading books. In the current, there is no skill cap, so read every book you find.

Persuade is a useful skill to have, some quest options aren’t available without a high enough persuade skill.
Prickett

Postby Slappysquirrel321 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:04 pm

I found a guide on here that told me that about persuasion. And thank you for telling me the level cap is gone!!! I was about to start over lol for that exact reason. But if I did, should I have persuasion or environmental magic?? I'm halfway through, so I kinda don't wanna restart
Slappysquirrel321

Postby Prickett » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:05 pm

You should just finish this play through. If you ever need more persuade, buy something to enchant
Prickett

Postby SuperRegera » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:49 pm

Ethereum race with-

Light weapons
Light armor
Accuracy
Block
Alchemy
Environmental magic

I just used this exact build to beat the base game. It was extremely easy once you can make your own potions and enchant some gear. I'm telling you, just make some homemade fortify melee potions and watch as you 2-4 shot every enemy in the game besides bosses. Even accuracy can do some serious damage. I think that this is overall a great build and I had no problems running through every quest with it.
Feel the earth below
A soft bed to lie down on
A sturdy defense
SuperRegera

Return to General Discussion