Cannot choose the evil ending of the base game

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Cannot choose the evil ending of the base game

Postby SuperRegera » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:18 am

Hey everyone,

So I finally got around to beating the base game again on PC. However, when I'm supposed to get the final decision to choose the evil or good ending, I cannot choose the evil ending. There is no dialogue choice, it just automatically chooses the good ending. Am I doing something wrong? It's been awhile since I've played the game but I really wanted to get the evil ending this time. Thanks for any help.
Feel the earth below
A soft bed to lie down on
A sturdy defense
SuperRegera

Re: Cannot choose the evil ending of the base game

Postby KGold » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:39 pm

SuperRegera wrote:Hey everyone,

So I finally got around to beating the base game again on PC. However, when I'm supposed to get the final decision to choose the evil or good ending, I cannot choose the evil ending. There is no dialogue choice, it just automatically chooses the good ending. Am I doing something wrong? It's been awhile since I've played the game but I really wanted to get the evil ending this time. Thanks for any help.

I looked around in the editor and if I'm getting it right, the Gatekeeper doesn't give you a choice if you've made neither the dragons, nor the undeads your servants in the Other Dimension.
Looks like you didn't duel the Dragon King, but fought all the dragons at once when you were down there, and your character isn't undead.
If you have been really too busy,
And you feel your head being dizzy,
It's recommended to have a rest,
I have a good offer-play the Quest! : )
KGold

Re: Cannot choose the evil ending of the base game

Postby SuperRegera » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:42 pm

the Gatekeeper doesn't give you a choice if you've made neither the dragons, nor the undeads your servants in the Other Dimension.

Ah gotcha. I didn't know that you couldn't fight all of the dragons and still get the evil ending. Well now I wish I kept that extra save lol. Oh well, guess I'll have to make a new character then. Thanks for the help!
Feel the earth below
A soft bed to lie down on
A sturdy defense
SuperRegera

Return to General Discussion