Exorcise the demon quest bug

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Exorcise the demon quest bug

Postby Dean » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:31 am

Hi so I've been trying to figure out how to get through the Exorcise the Demon quest for so long, I'm convinced it's bugged. I've reached the monestary and spoke to the sister, tried to use the scroll, didn't work, demon spoke to me and made me an offer. I asked what the offer was rather than saying "my will is strong blah blah blah", demon told me to kill the sister, but I declined to do it. Silly me went off and did some other stuff and saved so I don't have any previous saves to go back to. I know that declining the offer from the get-go is supposed to trigger the holy man stuff but there doesn't seem to be a way to get that to happen.

I've gone back to brother Resmus and he's all like "oh damn the demon tried to tempt you but you resisted?? That's wild man, but you still have to get rid of the demon. Come back when you do or shame upon you". I've spoken to everyone involved in this quest including the alchemist, father Anton, the dude at the monestary, and the sister again but there are no further prompts. I've tried talking to the holy man too but nothing.

Unless there's a skill check I'm not aware of?

I played the Quest to death when it originally released and I remember having the same issue back then. Is there any way I can finish this quest without restarting my whole game??

Pls help me
Dean

Re: Exorcise the demon quest bug

Postby Catacomber » Sat May 01, 2021 4:37 am

I don't think it's bugged. Do you have the Demon Potion? You need that to exorcize the demon. You get that from the Holy Man. What does the Holy Man say when you talk to him?
Catacomber

Postby Dean » Sat May 01, 2021 3:35 pm

Yeah that's where the issue is. My only option with the holy man is to say "who are you" and he says "who I am is not important", so triggering the prompt to get the demon potion from him is where my issue is.

I know that when you refuse the demon's offer from the get-go that's supposed to trigger the holy man. When I speak to the demon it asks me to kill the sister, to which I can reply "get another demon fetcher, but if change my mind I'll come back" or "I'm subject to your will..."
Dean

Postby Catacomber » Sun May 02, 2021 2:30 am

At the beginning, when you answer Sister Elfwin, "My will is strong, demon! I'm interested only in getting rid of you!"

Sister Elfwin's says the dialogue that triggers the Holy Man to talk to you about the potion is:

"Oh, I am so impressed by your virtue! Nothing can dislodge me from here. I'm growing stronger and she is weak. I have such confidence in my strength that I can tell you only one in this world has power over me, a Holy Man that lives in a cave under this Monastery. But even if you find him, I doubt he'll help you or that his 'help' will do you any good..." and you answer "We'll see, son of Satan."

If you took another dialogue path, I don't think you can exorcize the demon. You can only kill Sister Elfwin with the axe. And you'll fail the two quests, Exorcise the Demon and Destroy the Demon and you'll go to jail. You will lose a bunch of fame and gain a bunch of crime. You'll get a nice axe, the Blood Axe. Not everyone has that in their inventory. Trying to look on the bright side.
Catacomber

Postby Dean » Sun May 02, 2021 10:02 am

Yeah I took a different dialogue path. I was just wondering if there was any other way to continue continue taking the "good" route, but I guess I'll just have to start the game again cause I dont to kill her in this playthrough. A bit silly that there's no other way to exorcise the demon if you ask me since brother Resmus still asks you to exorcise the demon, but I guess it is what it is.
Dean

Postby Dean » Sun May 02, 2021 10:03 am

Thanks for replying though.
Dean

Return to General Discussion