Long term viability of character

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Long term viability of character

Postby GlassDeviant » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:32 pm

I was thinking about doing an oddball character, a Derth Ranger. She wouldn't get the benefit of the Etherim bonuses to range related combat (Dex, Accuracy, Light Weapon) but would have the advantage of the Derth +30% magic resistance and be able to supplement ranged combat with magic healing, attacks and so on. Primary skills would be Accuracy, Light Weapon, Heavy Armour, Alchemy, Appraise and Repair, with a possible substitution of one of those with Persuasion.

Any really bad long-term viability issues? Recommendations of best skill to replace with Persuasion? (I was thinking Heavy Armour).
GlassDeviant

Re: Long term viability of character

Postby Prickett » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:11 am

Light armor is better long-term as it generally has a higher enchant space. The bonus you miss out on by not picking Etherim should only affect your early game progress, but once you level sufficiently you should be fine.

I would do persuade instead of appraise. In the long-term, appraise isn’t nearly as useful as persuade, as many quests require persuading NPCs to progress or get a better quest reward.
Prickett

Postby GlassDeviant » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:18 am

Thanks. That sounds good, I've just got a habit of having Appraise. I'll give it a shot.
GlassDeviant

Postby Prickett » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:07 am

No problem, let me know how it turns out!
Prickett

Return to General Discussion